Archive through August 05, 2007

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Seeking Opponents: Looking for F&E opponents: Archive through August 05, 2007
By Peter Thoenen (Eol) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Bill: I know where strongsville is .. just was out there for a wedding. I am def interested and can also host (though your place might be better as I am not setup for it and have a newborn who cries).

Basically I can give you one Sunday a month from noon till 7ish. Also I have never actually played F&E (though do have the rules) so you would have to be ok with a newbie. I actually live down in Lakewood right off the lake on Clifton and Bunts.

Nick: You and Bill (experienced players both of you ???) want to play and one of you use me as the 3rd party minor power (tholians and what not) or to control one of the lesser empires :)

I could benefit watching somebody else play but don't want to just observe.

By John Robinson (John_R) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 07:14 am: Edit

Well, Nick's experience is in doubt. No one has actually seen him play and lived to tell the tale. :}

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:31 am: Edit

Pete -

F&E is essentially a 2 team game (Coalition vs. Alliance). I would be happy to work with you as a partner (If I were the Coalition I would let you play the Lyrans). At the start of the game I would be watching every move you make, and making comments about the moves while you were making them, making suggestions etc. As time went on I would give you your own front to manage.

By Russell J. Manning (Rjmanning) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 01:32 pm: Edit

Pete,

Take Bill up on his offer. He is a great teacher. When I started playing with him about 10 years ago, I was in your shoes. He did a great job. Always let me make my own decisions and only made suggestions (unless I was going to make a game ending mistake).

By Garth L. Getgen (Sgt_G) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 09:43 pm: Edit

John R. Actually, I did play against Nick. sort of. He kept getting dragged away to be an SFB Judge, so it wasn't much of a game.

Garth L. Getgen

By Peter Thoenen (Eol) on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:35 am: Edit

Bill: Well just might take you up on this then ... will email you later this week .. want to get together some time in mid to late august?

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 08:55 am: Edit

Mid to late August sounds good.

My in laws are coming out for a weekend on the 18th, so that weekend is out.

By Nick G. Blank (Nickgb) on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 03:30 pm: Edit

Bill. I am acutally a bit SW of Oberlin, so it looks like 40-45 mins to Strongsville for me. I am free most Sundays.

By Mark Humphries (Mark_Humphries) on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 10:46 am: Edit

I know this is a long shot, I've only recently acquired the game and was wondering if anybody else in the Philippines is playing F&E.

By Andy Palmer (Andypalmer) on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 03:10 pm: Edit

Ken. Try these guys http://www.philboardgamers.blogspot.com/

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Since we are suffering from a "lack" of F&E players here in middle Tennessee, I thought that I'd spread some good news.

Federation Commander has introduced us to several new players, including a group of 3 that hail from Lebanon, TN (about 15 minutes drive from here). They have been listening to me regale them with tales of Fed & Empire for months now and after the latest round of Origin's adventures... they have asked me to teach them to play and will be ordering copies of the game soon.

In another month or so, we'll start a 4-Powers War game to use as a learning experience, followed by a General War game. Hopefully, there'll be a few more of us (Battelgroup Murfreesboro) at the F&E tables in Columbus, next year.

By John Robinson (John_R) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 08:55 pm: Edit

Can I officially say I hate you guys?

You remind me of those scum sucking, methane smelling, trashcan looking Hydrans.

By Ryan Opel (Ryan) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 09:12 pm: Edit

What John said.

By Tim Losberg (Krager) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 09:41 pm: Edit

ditto..

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:50 pm: Edit

That's "dirty-rotten, methane-BREATING, trashcan-looking" Hydrans!!!

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. It's not more players for our group; it's:

More fodder for the grinder
More new-blood for the Origins tables
More discretionary income directed towards the new development of F&E
More copy of "Countersheet WISH!" to to sold

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Arrrggggghhhh!!!! Must find more Southwest Ohio players!

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 09:51 pm: Edit

Our company has an office in Columbus... call them up and bribe them to transfer me to Columbus! :O

By John Robinson (John_R) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 06:42 am: Edit

What are you complaining about Dan? All I have is Dave. That should earn me some kind of SFU award in and of itself! What would you do if you had to play him all the time?

By Trent Telenko (Ttelenko) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 04:04 pm: Edit

I am looking for a F&E face to face opponent in the Rosenburg/Richmond/Sugarland area near Houston Texas.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 05:30 pm: Edit

Hey Trent, wanna move to TN? We need a few more players in this area.

By Tim Bunch (Crimin) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Or you can all split the difference and come down here to New Orleans and play. :)

By Duane S. Clark (Duaneclark) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 07:15 am: Edit

John, Dave is still better than nothing.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 09:46 am: Edit

I was in Biloxi a couple of weeks ago. I almost drove on over to New Orleans... just to see how much rebuilding has been done. If I'd known there was F&E there, I may have followed through with the thought.

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 01:25 pm: Edit

John,

Get out there, recruit and quit yer complaining. Tell Dave to get off his butt and help.

Tony,

Bribe them with what? I can give them some F&E counters. That's where all of my disposable cash goes too. :)

By Ken Watanabe (Watank) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 12:58 pm: Edit

John - we've talked about a Richmond-DC matchup every so often, maybe we should get serious about setting it up? :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation