Archive through April 10, 2008

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Seeking Opponents: Looking for F&E opponents: Archive through April 10, 2008
By John Robinson (John_R) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Yep. Unfortunately, Dave's schedule is pretty erratic now that the college FB season is gearing up.

Me on the other hand, have a lot of flexibility in travel (with notice of course)

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 05:27 pm: Edit

Well John, since you can travel I'll expect you this Saturday for the monthly Xenia, OH F&E game. Show time is 11am.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 06:21 pm: Edit

And guess what, John! As the guest of honor, you get to play... line!

And then next month, you can travel to Murfreesboro, TN and play in our get together. Unfortunately, the only race laft available is... line!

By John Robinson (John_R) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Heh - Actually, they are my favorite race. Too bad they rarely get to flex their muscles.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Typical... that's just like a low-down, dirty-rotten, methane-breathing, trashcan-looking Hydran!!! turning a perfectly good insult into a compliment...

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 09:16 pm: Edit

Actually John, as a special bonus you get to play the Gorn in Demon of the East Wind. Its turn 7C and you are still holding the bulk of Gorn Space. In fact you blatantly violated the Rom East Fleet deployment zone on turn 5 to kill a couple of BATs because you knew he couldn't redeploy the newly released ships to Gorn space or he wouldn't be able to cover the Fed border on turn 7.

Iíll be playing the Fed who are also facing a Klingon Fire in the East scenario. The Fed 3rd and 7th Fleet bases are gone but Iíve almost reached parity with the released Klingon ships on that border (while sending two fleets to Gorn space). Iíd have parity but the Klingons decided that the Kzinti should send the Marquis and all new production into the 4th Fleet area.

By Roger D. Morgan, Jr. (Sonofkang) on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 02:55 am: Edit

Alright, I will go out on a limb here and aim high ... any F&E players going to be in Kabul, Afghanistan, for the next four months? If so, please let me know and maybe we can get a game going on cyberboard.

Funny, this will be the second Captain's Log I will have ordered and received while in Afghanistan in the last three years. Is that kind of a record or something or does it just show you can find SFU players literally at the ends of the earth (and believe me, it is...)

By Joshua Massey (Thnre) on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Alright, Tried getting into this about 3 years ago, but was interupted by my future wife. Now that I've got that (courtship, wedding) settled and have some time, I'd like to get back into this. Anyone in the Atlanta area interested in a face to face game with a new player? I am in Douglasville & can host (have room to leave this setup, also have LSM to play on) or am willing to travel.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Joshua... how far are you willing to travel? :)

There are about 8 of us F&E players located just SE of Nashville, TN. That's only about

a 3-hour drive... a 3-hour drive...
The weather started getting rough...

By Joshua Massey (Thnre) on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 08:10 pm: Edit

I actually travel that way frequently on business, so that might be a possibility, but It would generally be on a weekday (not weekend) that I could get over there...

By David Slatter (Davidas) on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 07:03 am: Edit

I may as well try here.

I would like to hear of any other F&E players within 20 miles of Cambridge UK. Highly unlikely there are any, but why not ask?

By Harlan G. Haskell III (Fmturtle1) on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Hi gamers in Inland Empire, East. WA. ST.,
USA North Idaho, West. MT., SE BC, Canada, NE Oregon:

Harlan (aka VADM Cat-Really-Likez-Treez) is
starting F&EDE Playtesting on Color Chart #1,
or any agreeable Provincial Chart. Both the
new Provincial Game System, ISC, and al least
One (1) Map Chart, unused, need to be put thru
their phases, but F&E Color Map updated also,
thru Capt. Log. #25. Disabled and no transport
however at Stateline, Newman Lake, Wa, Area
between Spokane and CDA, Id. 1 - 4 vers. 2k +
2.4K ISC counters finally ready for playtest unless too late?
Four (4) Years since reciept of ISC, and just
finished integration, w/other 10k counters.
Like I said the Myalgia and losing home an 4x4
taken toll, mind still functions, an so does 225
pages of typed scenario for F&E integration with SFB, work!!!

Have extra Planets and Regiment, would help?
Organized for travel, have bag w/sleep over?
Also teaches SFB 2k, and Playtest for multi-ship
carriers, with fleet action available next year,
no definite date, so say july, '08 for now, folks.
Too wordy I know, but SGR meet got me
moving, just slow turtle weather, ya know?
know nothing of cyber-gaming F&E but adaptable.

Power Struggle, At Jeanie's this weekend if have ride?
anyone? will check daily or weekly until have over
12 players for 1st or Year start, or
after Super Bowl, for weekends? yah or icq for
fmt1@ as above, 50's in icq or page yah...end
of massive message for Inland Empire, Spokane Players,
and next 200 mi. + in any dir. or? up?
Have Maps, counters, die, paper, rules ex, AO,
SO, and FO - 2k+ and CO + 2k +. All I want for
xmaz iz a few rulebookz, iz zat to muchez to azk???
Dam, the Klingoniez, full Missilez aheadz,
where'z that hot cocoaz? anyway...zzz, Kzin Power!!!

By Jeffrey C Hillebrandt (Darknova) on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 05:53 pm: Edit

So, I've finally dug all my old SFB/F&E stuff out from my parents' house. I'm looking to get back into both games once the new year starts. I live in the Rochester area in New York. Any players in the area?

(posted in both 'seeking opponents' areas)

By Joe Stevenson (Alligator) on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Hi Jeffrey. You are a few hours too far for me (I'm in Union, NJ, about 5 hours away I think).

If by some miracal you didn't mind doing the drive (you could crash here inbound or outbound if you wanted), then that would rock.

Joe

By Jeffrey C Hillebrandt (Darknova) on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 02:09 am: Edit

That's not a bad idea; I'm always up for a good road trip. Once the year starts and things settle down, I'll see when my free weekends are.

By Ken Rotar (Sir_Krotar) on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 05:30 pm: Edit

I am looking for an opponent to play F&E by e-mail either using CyberBoard or VASL. I live in Madison, Wisconsin.

I am open to any scenarios.

By Will Culbertson (Willc) on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 08:17 pm: Edit

After finally getting my gaming stuff back on track I'm looking for people in the Seattle area for F&E/SFB/FC. I'm on the Eastside (Redmond) and looking to find so close by people to start/join a group for regular play.
Send me an e-mail (willhc (at) gmail.com or will (at) tnwc.com) or reply here.
I know I posted this before I moved up here in 2006 but thru moves and e-mail loses I'm starting over again =)

By Joe Stevenson (Ikv_Sabre) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Still looking for opponents in the NJ/NY/Eastern PA/SW Conn area.

Joe

By Dominic Swan (Dominic) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:11 pm: Edit

I am an old F&E player thinking of getting back into the game.

Played quite a few games back in the 90's, but am very rusty... (only one game under 2000k & Carrier war in about 2001), so would need to learn some of the newer stuff.

UK opponents are best (based in London), though I do visit the US 2-4 time a year. Mostly NY (Manhattan) and SF (e.g. Fri/Sat Mar 28/9).

By Andy Palmer (Andypalmer) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Joe. Best I can do is a couple guys in York, PA.

By Joe Stevenson (Ikv_Sabre) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Hey Andy,

Unforunately, York is nearly as far as Baltimore for me.

By David Baldwin (Djdave) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 01:20 am: Edit

To Ken Roder,

I'm in DeForest, just outside Madison. I'm glad to find someone nearby. My contact info was just updated on the player list. Give me a ring, or and we'll hook up.

Dave

By Will Culbertson (Willc) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 12:28 pm: Edit

I've posted a meetup for people in the Seattle/Eastside area to get together and form a group:

http://starfleet.meetup.com/6/

I'll be scheduling meetings through this.

Thanks.

Will

By Christopher Scott Evans (Csevans) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 01:41 pm: Edit

By Andy Palmer (Andypalmer) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:49 pm: Joe. Best I can do is a couple guys in York, PA.

Did someone say York? I live in Hanover.

By Bill Stec (Billstec2) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 06:44 pm: Edit

Yo, Christopher Evans:

I live in Hanover PA, and am running a long term game with a couple guys (one from VA and one from MD). Want to get together? Email me.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation