Archive through October 25, 2008

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Seeking Opponents: Looking for F&E opponents: Archive through October 25, 2008
By Joe Stevenson (Ikv_Sabre) on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:22 am: Edit

It looks that way. Perhaps even with one or 2 to spare.

That would be good. Have an overall commander, and one for each empire. This way, if someone can't make a session, the game can move along.

By Matthew G. Smith (Mattsmith) on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 06:32 am: Edit

I talked with my wife, and right now with the 3 month old baby, our house isn't the best place.

Looks like Conshohocken may be better, or Hanover.

By Bill Stec (Billstec2) on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:44 am: Edit

Matt, are you still under ther restriction of being on call for work and not being allowed to be more than 1 hour from your house? I recall that was what kept you from coming down to Hanover in the first place.

By Ken Watanabe (Watank) on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 02:05 pm: Edit

Matt,
I meant 2hrs to Lancaster, 3.5 hrs total to Conshohocken ^_^;

Playing a bit more with the "drag to change route" feature in Google Maps, but not seeing anything other than gong straight up 95, or going to York and cutting east via Lancaster...

By Matthew G. Smith (Mattsmith) on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 05:42 pm: Edit

Bill,

That 1 hr call is going to become a 4 hr call later this year. So yes, as of now I'm still under the 1 hr restriction, but that will be changing.

By Patrick Hill (Dread_Lord) on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:22 am: Edit

Ok well, if Conshy is the most convenient place to meet, I would be happy to host.

The only two points that I want to bring up about my place is that first I have a friendly Bagel (Basset/Beagle mix) so if you are badly allergic to dogs my house might be a bit rough on you.

The second point is that I have a small old house so, while I don't mind, if the group is fairly large it might get a bit cozy. I think it will be fine (as long as we donít get a really huge number of people) but I just wanted to bring it up ahead of time.

My email is in my profile, and I would be happy to send my address and phone # to anyone who is interested. One good thing about my place is that it is easy to find.

By Mitchell Land (Toadkillerdog) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Anyone in the St. Louis area playing this?

By Patrick Hill (Dread_Lord) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 08:54 am: Edit

Soooo, what happened to the Eastern PA game? Seemed like things were full speed ahead, but then things fell silent.

By Joe Stevenson (Ikv_Sabre) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:43 am: Edit

We took the discussion offline

The game was to start this weekend, but Bill has a family matter to attend to, so we're going to reschedule for a later date.

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 01:16 am: Edit

F&E Players:

I'm now here at the Pentagon for the next several weeks and will be looking to visit F&E players within 3-4 hours of DC during the weekends (I just want to be back in DC by 1pm on Sunday's to watch NFL Games).

So, are any of you playing F&E or would like to discuss FTF ideas for the upcoming ISC War module? Let me know...

Cheers,
Chuck

By Jason E. Schaff (Jschaff297061) on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 06:11 am: Edit

Chuck:

A group of us will be getting together on the 13th to select and start setting up a new campaign at Bill Stec's place near Hannover PA. Involved are:

Christopher Evans
Jason Schaff
Bill Stec
Joe Stevenson
Ken Watanabe

Contact Bill (his e-mail addy is in his profile) if you want further details.

Welcome to the area! If you ever want to discus F&E over a beer, I live less than 3 miles from the Pentagon: first round is on me.

Cheers,
Jason

By Bill Stec (Billstec2) on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 08:36 am: Edit

Hey Chuck,

You are definitely invited to come up with Jason/Ken to my place and visit if you wish. We start about 11am, and play til 9-10pm. Add in 2 hours travel time approx each way.

By Ken Watanabe (Watank) on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 04:05 pm: Edit

Chuck,

I cc'ed you on my email to Jason about getting to Bill's on the 13th - if you guys want to do something after work, I work downtown near Metro Center so not that far away... as long as there aren't any problems on the Blue/Yellow lines ;)

By John Robinson (John_R) on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Chuck, Ken, and Jason - I start a new job working at Dulles on September 15. I will be travelling back home on the weekends to prep our house for sale, so I can't join you then, but do let me know of any evening plans. I definitely won't have anything else to do! I don't know where I will be staying yet, but it will probably be close to the airport.

By William Jockusch (Verybadcat) on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 10:04 am: Edit

Still looking for another tough CB opponent for F&E2K.

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 01:06 am: Edit

DC Area F&Eers:

I look forward to joining-up with you guys this weekend...

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 01:03 am: Edit

I will again be available this upcoming weekend of 20 Sep to play or discuss F&E for those living within 3-4 hours of DC. I can drive to your location so just let me know if you would like me to attend.

Thanks again to Bill, Ken and Jason for allowing me to sit in with you this this weekend. We had some good discussions and ideas for and about ISC War that I look to propose.

Cheers,
Chuck

By Dal Downing (3dee) on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 02:07 am: Edit

Any SFB/F&E/FC Players in the Eau Clair WI Area?

By Ken Watanabe (Watank) on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 10:22 am: Edit

Chuck,

I'm free this weekend if we want to do anything.

John,

whereabouts are you staying during the week? Chantilly area?

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 01:13 am: Edit

Ken:

I'm going to NJ/NY this weekend to visit Joe & Pete.

By John Robinson (John_R) on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 09:35 am: Edit

Ken - Right now, until I find a "permanent" temporary place, I am staying at a friends house in Arlington (just south of National). I hope to find a place in the Centreville/Chantilly/Ashburn/Reston/Sterling area.

Chuck - See above. If I remember right, you said you were going to be staying in Pentagon City or Crystal City. Either one is literraly minutes from where I am for now. What are you doing Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week?

By Wes Neal (Janked) on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Looking for someone to help me learn the game. I have the newest F&E, Strategic Ops and Advanced Ops. Just started reading the RB. I can do VASSAL or PBEM. I should be able to pick up the rules pretty quickly. My email is in my profile, shoot me one if you would be willing to take a newbie under your wing. :)

Thanks
Wes

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 12:25 am: Edit

I am again available this weekend to play/discuss F&E with those living within 3-4 hours of DC. I can drive to your location so just let me know if you would like me to attend.

Cheers,
Chuck

By Joshua Massey (Thnre) on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 11:16 am: Edit

thought I'd do my every 6 month check to see if there are any F&E players in the atlanta area

By Joe Stevenson (Ikv_Sabre) on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 11:55 am: Edit

Joshua,

Richard Abbott lives in the Atlanta area. I know he is dealing with some family matters right now, but I suspect he may be looking for a game a few months from now.

I'll let him know you were looking

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation