Archive through June 12, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Seeking Opponents: Looking for F&E opponents: Archive through June 12, 2010
By DAVID R. VENZKE (Robvenzke) on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 11:50 am: Edit

LOOKING FOR F&E PLAYERS IN THE ST. JOHNS MI. AREA

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 07:53 pm: Edit

David, you are kidding right? Awesome! I live in Grand Rapids, MI and my main opponent lives in Alma, MI. We both work for a Lansing company and would love to play should our scheduled align. I am currently taking Masters classes in Mt Pleasant, MI 3 days per week M-W. Travel is not really a problem.

Also, I have two guys here (Chad, Andy) in Grand Rapids that are new to F&E and have been trying to get a game going but life keeps getting in the way.

By Ron Schanlaub (Schanie) on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Looking for F&E players in the Lafayette, Indiana/Purdue area.

By Ahmad Abdel-Hameed (Madarab) on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 04:33 pm: Edit

I'm looking to play F&E online. I live Seattle if that matters.

By John de Michele (Johnad) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 05:44 pm: Edit

Ahmad:

Are you still looking for an opponent?

John.

By Paul Middleton (Paul) on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Hi everyone.

I am new to F&E, having just recently picked up a copy of the base game. I am looking for someone to play a game with online via Vassel or CB.

Is there someone out there willing to play with a newbie and help me work through the stategic and rule bulders I am bound to make? I was thinking of starting out with just The Wind scenarioto start as I get my feet wet.

Thanks!

Paul

By Ken Kazinski (Kjkazinski) on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Paul,

Where are you located?

Ken

By Paul Middleton (Paul) on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 11:04 pm: Edit

Apple Valley, Minnesota. It's a suburb of Minneapolis.

By Dal Downing (3dee) on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 09:46 am: Edit

Hey Paul I am in LaCrosse, WI.

I have been trying to get upto Fountian of Youth Games in Eau Claire, WI once or twice a month where the Store owner and myself have been picking through the rules for F&E as well squeezing in a few FedCom games. If your intrested in joining us give a shout back and I can PM you details if you want.

By Nicholas S Sandberg (Nsandberg) on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 01:46 am: Edit

Hey guys I am looking for anyone who has played this game and lives in the Phoenix area. I would really like to give F&E a shot but I am more of a hands on learner (I have read the rule book all the way through at least once though) and would like to get together with a veteran to see a few turns demonstrated. If anyone is interested in getting a little gaming in and doesn't mind teaching a noob :D please let me know.

By Paul Middleton (Paul) on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 12:59 pm: Edit

Hey Dal

Sure shoot me the info. I am also still inserted in an online game if someone is up for it.

Paul

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Well Origins is over and it's time to start setting up for more F&E in the Ohiop Triangle. Any F&E players in the greater Xenia/Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati area? We play once a month at my house in Xenia Ohio on a Saturday. Let me know if you'd like to join us on the 25th of July.

By James Wood (Jwood314) on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 10:19 am: Edit

I am PCSing to Guam. Any F&E players looking to start a game early next year?

Cheers,
James

By Matthew G. Smith (Mattsmith) on Friday, April 23, 2010 - 03:38 pm: Edit

Anybody in the SE Idaho / Northern UT / SW Wyoming area?

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:24 pm: Edit

I am looking for people that play, anyone in the San Jose area perhaps?

By Christopher E. Fant (Cfant) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:26 pm: Edit

So how's the online gaming going? Folks still use Cyberboard for F&E or has someone come up with something better?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 12:00 am: Edit

Seems there is a new crop of folks playing both FTF and via email (Vassal & CB).

Cyberboard main engine has improved with the CybBoard v3.10. I am working with Thomas M to update the .gbx file since it had not been done in a while.

Vassal had an update as well I think.

School still has me several weeks away from starting anything new but major chomping at the bit is taking place. Michigan (Central and West) is the area I can easily play FTF games. PBEM: most timezones workout fine although if we get more than two from my Eastern Time Zone someone at one of the ends is going to be late for work.

By James Wood (Jwood314) on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 05:43 pm: Edit

I am looking to play a game via Vassal or Cyberboard. I live in Guam, which is tomorrow for most people. I have fiddled around with Vassal, guess I will take a look at Cyberboard. I would like to play via email and live/skype if possible. I get up around 5am so Sunday morning would be Saturday afternoon for my opponent. The closer to the West coast the better though for gaming.

Cheers,
James

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 05:53 pm: Edit

I haven't played via Vassal or Cyberboard, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I live in San Jose, California, usually have three days off a week, somewhat random which ones though often they're two of (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and Friday. I don't have control of which days I get off though. Sometimes I work more, sometimes less as well.

By Matthew G. Smith (Mattsmith) on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Starting in late May, I will be living in the US Mountain time zone. I will have Fridays and Saturdays off, which is your Saturday and Sunday. I'd be more than willing to play via CB.

By James Wood (Jwood314) on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Richard, Matthew,

Please shoot me an email.

jwood149@gmail.com

Cheers,
James

By Nicolas Cluzeau (Starkadd) on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 09:55 am: Edit

Hello Everyone,

French writer living in Turkey, in Istanbul, and player of Federation and Empire (before the 2010 version, I must say, that I just ordered), I am searching either for opponents in that city OR in Vassal.

You can contact me on my e-mail (via profile).

And a great huzzah for the designers of the game(s) of ADB.

Starkadd/nicolas

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Bonjour Nicolas,

J'espère que vous trouverez ce forum un outil utile pour jouer F&E. Par ailleurs, si vous avez la possibilité de venir en Amérique en Juin s'il vous plaît joindre à nous pour une petite partie de F&E lors de la convention Origins.

Meilleurs voeux,
Chuck

By Nicolas Cluzeau (Starkadd) on Friday, May 21, 2010 - 03:19 am: Edit

Thanks, Chuck.

This forum is particularly useful and full of informations of great interest for playing ADB games.

I cannot attend this year, but I will try next year, avec plaisir ;)

Cheers

Cordialement vôtre

Nicolas

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 03:11 pm: Edit

I should check this topic more often.

So Chuck, did you write that yourself or get Grant to translate it to French for you. Either is impressive; I just want to know who to be impressed with.

Nicolas,

Hope to see you at Origins next year.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation