Archive through August 06, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Seeking Opponents: Looking for F&E opponents: Archive through August 06, 2011
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 03:25 pm: Edit

DGK: In sorting F&E counters for grab bags today, I TWICE had to go get a bigger "Dan Knipfer Box". It's now up to 12x9x8 and pretty full.

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 06:19 pm: Edit

Must be the new counter sheets. Thanks SVC.

By Paul Edwards (Pablomatic) on Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:08 pm: Edit

I'm looking for a Vassal opponent. I played in the early '90s, and recently bought the 2010 rules and expansions.

Serious players only please.

Email me at pabloinbrazil [at] hotmail [dot] com

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 07:22 am: Edit

Putting out a call for players in the South-Central PA/MD area. I'm in Hanover PA, and my current opponent player may be moving out of the area, so I need someone to play with again.

I can host a game (have a laminated LSM, but don't own counters currently), or if you are close enough, I may be able to travel to you. Availability would be a Saturday (wife works 2 Sat a month, 2 open), or a Sunday if you are close enough.

By Chris LaRusso (Soulcatcher) on Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 01:14 am: Edit

Interested in playing preferably via Vassal.

soulcatcher[at]comcast[dot]net

By J Lee Watts (Jleewatts) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Looking for players in the Richmond VA area. Three players interested at the moment. Just bought F&E and looking at getting a game started and maybe getting back into SFB.

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 05:28 pm: Edit

I think John Robinson and some others are in Northern VA/Richmond?

By Bob Fox (Tophat) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 02:13 pm: Edit

I'm also coming back to F&E from 10+ year hiatus. looking for most probably a Vassal opponent or group.Send me an e-mail if interested,perhaps enough of us can network and cobble a game together.

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 03:27 pm: Edit

You anywhere near the San Jose area?

By Bob Fox (Tophat) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 03:49 pm: Edit

Sorry NE Ohio here.......... Vassal perchance?

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 06:41 pm: Edit

Cyberboard

By Bob Fox (Tophat) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Ahh,cyberboard.........is there a cyberboard for dummies area i can get some condescending help from? :)

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 07:49 pm: Edit

Ummm Lar, up here to help another cardboard addict. lol.

Bob, in the F&E Cyberboard Development thread are the Gamebox and a generous number of Scenario Files in zip files. There is also a link to where you get the latest version of cyberboard there. The current version is 3.10 for cyberboard. The current gamebox is F&E2011.

One ISC War Scenario is complete. I'm still working on the 2nd one.

My name is Turtle. I'm addicted to cardboard and e-cardboard. I can quit anytime, but why?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Bob I am working on the Quick Start Scenario so you can get a feel for the Cyberboard. I am out of town now and will be all next week (for work). Unless I steal one of my kids laptops I will not get it done until after I get back. Feel free to poke around with what is there. I am sure of the 'others' can instruct you or at least give you pointers.

Turtle. The scenario will be polished up as we discussed but due to me being out of town and since Joel's CPU down it will be a week or two before it gets posted (ample time for you to get that second one done).

By John Robinson (John_R) on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:31 am: Edit

Bob - You had asked about Vassal. There are several players on Vassal. Check out the mis-named F&E by E-mail thread below for info on that.

By Jeffrey C Hillebrandt (Darknova) on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 07:46 pm: Edit

Been out of the loop for over ten years now. After settling into my new place I'll be looking to get back to playing. Anyone out there in/near the Cooperstown, NY area? I know that's a long shot considering how sparsely populated this region is. Worth a shot, though.

By Ken Kazinski (Kjkazinski) on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 07:40 pm: Edit

How far is that from Syracuse? SWA just sent out a note about wanting to play in the Albany area.

By Michael J. Sexton (Lb4269) on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 12:40 am: Edit

I'm originally from Ilion, NY (outside of Utica). I'm living in Singapore now but travel back for long breaks and family visits. I often pack my SFU stuff and look for fellow players. I may not be available just now, but it's good to keep the contacts open with anyone who might be within an hour drive of home. My email is lb4269 at yahoo dot com.

I'm slated to come back for a month or two at some point in the not too distant future. Our second child is on the way and we need to plan around that.

Drop me a line some time!

By Jeffrey C Hillebrandt (Darknova) on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Ken, roughly two hours (maybe a bit more) from Syracuse. Albany's about 90 minutes from here, give or take.

Michael, that sounds cool. I finally get to move all my stuff out here next weekend, so then I can sit down and start reaquainting myself with the game.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 05:54 pm: Edit

I think someone should build a map mash-up of the F&E players around the globe so players can visually find each other.

I wish I had the time and background to do this. If my job lays me off during the slow period Nov 1- Feb 1 then I might try to gather enough programming help to try it.

By Ryan Opel (Ryan) on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 09:58 pm: Edit

Don't we have a geospatial guy or two as active members of the F&E community.

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 06:12 am: Edit

Mike Curtis is a GIS guy as I recall.

By Mike Curtis (Nashvillen) on Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 08:20 am: Edit

Yes, I am a "GIS guy". All F&E players, send me your information in an email with the subject "[F&E Player]" like this:

Name Address City State zip

I will then geocode them into a website and post the link here. I will give everyone until August 31st to get me the information.

By Mike Curtis (Nashvillen) on Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 08:54 am: Edit

Guys, in the body of your email just this:

Name, address, city, state, zip code

Make sure you use the commas.

By Mike Curtis (Nashvillen) on Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 09:46 am: Edit

And, make sure the only thing you put in the subject line is within the quotes "[F&E Player]". I have a rule set up on my email to put all these in the correct folder that I will pull the data from. This is a computer controlled process, anything else may not be caught by me personally.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation