Fleet Doctrine Rules

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: A Call to Arms Star Fleet: ACTASF Book 1.2 (The ADB Revision): Fleet Doctrine Rules
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Fleet Doctrine: Long version  2   03/04 11:45am
Archive through December 02, 2013  25   10/20 11:39pm

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 06:24 am: Edit

I intended that to happen. That is why this topic is here.

By Bill Stec (Billstec2) on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 07:23 am: Edit

Sounds good, Steve.

For option 2, doctrine driven, is the plan to provide Orders of battle, or just let players pick what ships they want like a points battle, but with limits on certain types of ships?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 11:22 am: Edit

The fleet doctrine rules in this topic ARE option #2. They would also apply to scenarios without specific additional restrictions or exceptions.

By Tim Fitzmaurice (Myrm) on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 11:26 am: Edit

Woohoo then. I had hoped thats why this bit came over, Steve - half the problems people complained about with certain vessels came in my view of allowing them unrestricted in a way that then altered the points balance - common in many games and why so many have 'army lists' of some kind after all. A lack of understanding of how the SFU fleets assembled in players new to the universe, would be sorted by presenting that structure

Bill - For me a full OOB would be more a Scenario thing for doing the Andro invasion :).
More importantly I think it could potentially be a bit fluid depending upoon your frame of reference - I mean F&E alters the OOB from the 'historical one' each time you play potentially - so in the final product I would hope to be looking at a purchasing structure as the current documents are going towards. N cruisers before a variant, N cruisers before a BB type. If a ship is exceptionally rare, you can always tag it Unique and say only 1 per fleet if using the lists.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 11:39 pm: Edit

Note to check with Tony regarding where to put this in the rule book.

By Charles Lister (Daboss) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:34 pm: Edit

I'd still like to see "In Service Dates" for the various ships in the books - they were a nice touch in B5 :)

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 01:29 pm: Edit

That should have come up months go, Charles. Very difficult to add now, not impossible, but you have to convince people it's wroth an entire day's work, delaying not just this product, but every product forever.

And this is totally the wrong topic for your post anyway.

By Charles Lister (Daboss) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Sorry :)

I just thought it mght help with working out the "Historical" ./ realistic fleets that was being discussed and how to create them............

I did suggest it before but it was not a priority - its not really now it was just "fluffy".

By Tony L. Thomas (Scoutdad) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:39 am: Edit

Charles: The YIS dates for all the ACTASF ships already exists.
Of course its in Module G3, which is an extra purchase, but since it includes the requested data for not only the ships currently in ACTASF but any ship that may ever be added - it's not a bad deal. Especially the e-version.

Or.. The first part of Chapter 10 - Fleet Lists includes an optional means of separating the ships of ACTASF Book 1 into three major epochs (Pre-General War / Early General War / Late General War) for those seeking to fight more historical battles.

By A. David Merritt (Adm) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:51 am: Edit

Tony; where is a legal E-version of G3?

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:53 am: Edit

There is no legal e-version of G3.

By Tony L. Thomas (Scoutdad) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 12:25 pm: Edit

Duh... used to seeing e-versions of most ADB stuff now. Forgot that wasn't out there.

Sorry. Just ignore the gibbering idiot sitting in the corner drooling. He's suffering from ACTASF over-load.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 01:55 pm: Edit

I think any computer savvy SFB player has their own self-created e-version of G3 by now.

By Tony L. Thomas (Scoutdad) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 02:14 pm: Edit

Ummm... I'm not saying nothing!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation