General Discussion of Kzinti Ships  73   01/22 04:49am
Painting Tips and Tricks for Kzinti Ships  44   01/16 11:58pm
New Ships under Development  40   06/24 04:55pm
Kzintis with new ears  36   03/06 01:15am
Actual photos of metal Kzinti ships  18   11/23 09:28pm
Archive through March 12, 2013  25   03/12 02:19pm

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 01:26 pm: Edit

Leanna would know.

Most of the retail stuff we get shows up bulk packed for us to retail pack after QC.

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 01:49 pm: Edit

Oh, so in all probability you'd just get ships via bulk pack and have to set aside the "nicer" ones for retail packing? :)

I had previously thought Mongoose sent them retail packed out of Ohio.

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 02:15 pm: Edit

My personal opinion is that the booms on the Kzintis are not necessarily too thin. There might be some cooling/warping issues with some (like the DWs that Bill Stec described) but, on the overall, they seem OK.

Where the real issue lies is that the nicely cast minis get bagged, put in a largely empty box together, and then thrown to the mercies of the shippers. The minis slide around like bumper-cars in that box, and literally beat the pieces off each other during their long trips.

A handful of packing peanuts or other padding would provide enough of a buffer to slow them down and reduce the damage to a more manageable level.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 02:16 pm: Edit

It varies. We sometimes get retail packs but we prefer to get them in bulk with empty packaging and that's what we get most of the time.

There is no "nicer". There is "passes QC" and "does not pass QC" and once past that point the ship is a ship.

Normally when we get boxes we get boxes, but sometimes leftovers are repurposes to blisters.

Normally when we get blisters we just do that with them but sometimes we use individual ships intended for blisters to complete almost-complete boxes.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 02:19 pm: Edit

I might comment that the plan is that Mongoose will walk up to our booth at Origins and hand us a big carton of minis to sell. We'll sell what we sell, giving them back the leftovers and their share of the money. We will not be able to QC them to any degree although anything obviously bad will get tossed into the "did not sell" box and given back to them. Any fleet boxes or squadron boxes they give us will be given to use sealed and we will not open them. Anything you find that is bad should be returned to Mongoose. We might (or might not) be able to try to deal with bad ship exchanges at Origins. You'd have to ask when we're not busy and probably have to find the missing ship in the blisters on display, as we're not allowed to open up and part out boxes. We very likely will not have 2500s for "pick up at Origins" from pre-QCed Amarillo-based stock (not enough room in the van) and would just rely on you picking your ships from the display rack at Origins.

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Okay, Steve. Thank you for the clarifications.

Too bad they can't just use bubble-wrap ziplock bags. I've seen them around on the net, though they do cost more.

It'd be interesting to find out how many returned minis they get. My guess is not too many as most folk won't bother complaining, but they will be less likely to buy more because they are irritated.

I'll take a look at what's there at Origins then, and see if any Kzinti ships look to be fairly bent-boom free. :)

By Andrew E Schwenzer (Andrew_Cluetain) on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 12:28 pm: Edit

I know that a new factory got the SL2500's but I've heard nothing beyond that, it's been quiet, too quiet for how much i like the game. Anyone know if the Kzinti NCA is "fixed" and ready to be produced?

By Bill Stec (Billstec2) on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 02:10 pm: Edit

As far as I know, not much is happening with the game. Might be something going on behind the scenes, dunno.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 02:34 pm: Edit

It has not been fixed yet. I told them (twice) to fix it and I am still waiting for it to happen. It's not like I can fly to England, walk into Matt's office, and hold a gun to his head.

By A. David Merritt (Adm) on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Yeah, either getting on a plane with a pistol, or getting one there would likely be difficult.

By Howard Bampton (Bampton) on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 01:46 pm: Edit

Clearly the answer is to tell Matt he won a trip to Texas...

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 02:01 pm: Edit

Don't tempt me.

By Ryan Opel (Ryan) on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 02:41 pm: Edit

Do youse want me and my friend Guido to pay him a visit? Could have gone Monday since I didn't have to work. :)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation