General Discussion of Romulan Ships

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Starline 2500 Miniatures: Romulan Ships: General Discussion of Romulan Ships
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 04:52 pm: Edit

2400 vs 2500

Romulan squadron box.jpg

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Condors compared

romulan condor.jpg

By Xander Fulton (Dderidex) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Wow, that Condor is WAY better.

We totally saved that ship!

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 08:03 pm: Edit

There wasn't much point in doing it worse!

By Gary Carney (Nerroth) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Has there been any sign yet of the individual Romulan ships that aren't already set for specific Squadron Boxes, like the FastHawk?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:32 am: Edit

sometime next year. They barely got the squadron boxes shipped and they're struggling like mad to get the fleet boxes done. Don't ask for anything more.

By Jessica Orsini (Jessica) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:52 am: Edit

When the time comes (presumably well down the line) to tackle the 2500 Falcon, do you think they'll keep my twin-rudder design?

- Jess, who is rather fond of her Falcon sculpt

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:29 am: Edit

I intend for them to.

By Jessica Orsini (Jessica) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:30 am: Edit

This makes me a very happy camper. :) Thanks, Steve!

By Damon Robert Anderson (Rihan704) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Twin rudder was very cool, Jess. I always thought the Falcon was the best of the metal eagle minis. Can't wait to see what kind of bird Sandrine puts underneathe it. All that extra width should provide a great template to suggest the power of the mauler canon.

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:57 pm: Edit

The two-fin Falcon was part of my scale-reference document submitted earlier in the program, so they have a "go-by" to work from.

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 04:46 pm: Edit

Nice condor, but it is another small step away from the 50's and 60's sci-fi style:/

By Aaron M. Staley (Awwwdrat) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 05:21 pm: Edit

I think it still has that old-style look. Plus I like the detailing on it. I've already stated that many of these things are big, but we all can get over that (eventually). I just can't wait until I get a few of these minis next week so I can see how they are going to work with my painting style (or if I'm going to have to invest in a new set of paints and brushes). I'm probably going to have to paint my own bird design on until the decals are done. I could have done without the "bullet head" look and stuck with the ball; that was a nice feature. I know of several people who are planning on using these things for ships other than what they are; i.e. this will be some kind of X-Condor or super BB Condor or whatever. Should be interesting.

By Steve Zamboni (Szamboni) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Would a second Condor boom with a ball be a candidate for the kitbash bag of spare parts?

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:26 pm: Edit

It would not be hard to modify the bullet shape into a ball with putty. I wouldn't consider it any more difficult than trying to cut off one boom and graft on another without a nasty seam.

By Jack Bohn (Jackbohn) on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 08:55 am: Edit

I once attempted outlining a double-headed bird (a Bavarian eagle) on the bottom of a Falcon, with disappointing results. Perhaps if someone with skill were to try it?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:48 am: Edit

You'd have to prove that there are 50 people or maybe 100 people who want the ball before you'd have a chance to convince Mongoose to do one.

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Jack -

I'll file that idea away for when it comes time to work up decal art for the Falcon. I've got some heritage from that part of Europe, so it would be a fun exercise.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 06:05 pm: Edit

Open your mind, Will! How about a dragon? A Pterodactyle? A winged lion?

By Aaron M. Staley (Awwwdrat) on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 11:01 pm: Edit

I'm for the ball. But Will is correct, it would not be hard to putty it. I have many other ideas. I'll keep them to myself. :)

By Xander Fulton (Dderidex) on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 03:03 pm: Edit

Do we have an ETA on when the Romulan fleet boxes will be able to be ordered, again?

Currently, they are not on the cart - I assume due to availability problems.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 03:05 pm: Edit

I don't have them so they're not on the ADB cart. No idea when I'll get them. (I have learned to more or less ignore Matthew's predictions and just listen to what Mike tells me arrived and survived quality control.)

By Mark Hutton (Trynda1701) on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Funnily enough, the talk about twin headed birds on the Falcon mini reminds me that I used a twin headed eagle decal from Games Workshop on my Romulan KR mini (actually a FASA D-7), seen in the Fed Comm Starline 2400 Minatures: Painting Examples for the Romulan Imperial Fleet

By Gary Carney (Nerroth) on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:16 am: Edit

RoyalHawk.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 04:57 pm: Edit

Starline 2500 news: We now have five Romulan Fleet Boxes available for sale at our store.

http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=MGP_30008&Category_Code=17-2

These have been quality checked in Amarillo.

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 11:32 pm: Edit

One less of these too. Finally getting my Firehawk and Sparrowhawk.

By Charles Lister (Daboss) on Monday, July 09, 2012 - 10:35 am: Edit

from the MGP forum:

Our painter recently polished off these Klingon ships in lovely Romulan colours;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/ctastarfleet/romulan/krc-command-cruiser.html

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/ctastarfleet/romulan/kf5r-destroyers.html
--------
they are lovely :)

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:22 am: Edit

I have a question:

The Rom War Eagles were done as 3-piece miniatures, and the joints between the wings and body are kinda problematic - much puttying is needed to get a decent looking joint.

But the King Eagle, BattleHawk and Snipe are all one piece minis.

Can anyone tell me why the War Eagles were done as 3-piece minis?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation