Final Decision 20 May 2014

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Starline 2500 Miniatures: Orion Ships: New Ships under Development: Orion DN Dreadnought: Final Decision 20 May 2014
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 02:29 pm: Edit

This should be the final design. As Sandrine fixed the only gripe any of us had, I could just approve this thing now, but since it will be waiting a while for some other ships get ready to join ADB MASTER BATCH 2 we might as well let you guys admire ir for a few days.

Orion - DN - 3-4 rear.jpg

Orion - DN - top.jpg

Orion - DN - 3-4 underneath.jpg

Orion - DN - 3-4 front.jpg

Orion - DN - side.jpg

Orion - DN - rear.jpg

Orion - DN - front.jpg

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 04:45 pm: Edit

What a beast. Can't wait to see it in metal.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 04:55 pm: Edit

A lot of work for a conjectural ship.

Although I won't personally buy it, I will say it does look cool!

By Charles Chapel (Ctchapel) on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 05:14 pm: Edit

It looks good.

1 small point though, the top most p3 of each bank at the rear looks like it clips the center engine if fired at the maximum centerline angle.

Maybe fire control has a big button, like the D-5 has for its disrupters, to fire the RCS for clearance.

By Gary Carney (Nerroth) on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Quote:

A lot of work for a conjectural ship.

Unbuilt (but still "possible") variants in SFB have generally been considered fair game for conversion to FC. In this case, a Ship Card for the DN exists in Booster Pack #24.

In turn, the games which draw primarily from FC (Starmada and ACtA:SF) are also open to such units. The former already covers the ship in Alien Armada, while presumably the latter will get around to it in the not too distant future.

By Mark Hutton (Trynda1701) on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 01:50 pm: Edit

Looks like the DN just has a few minor points to address.....

1) It's not in production yet
2) It's not in production yet

and finally...

3) When does it go into production? :)

Seriously though, amazing work from Sandrine. Like Will says, can't wait to see one in metal.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 02:01 pm: Edit

The Orion DN will be part of ADB PROTOTYPE GROUP 2502 which will probably also include the Vulture, B10, BATS, and another couple of units I haven't posted yet. That Batch probably won't go to prototype for 2-3 weeks, plus a week to get them back, a week to get them here, a week to get them to Bruce. At which point they should fill ADB MASTER MOLD 2502, which will take two weeks to get. Then a week to get masters spun and sent to me, another week to get production molds, another week for pre-production, another week or two for series production. Somebody else can do the math. Looks like 11 weeks or sometime in August.

By Jeffery Smith (Jsmith) on Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 01:49 am: Edit

this ship looks like a lean/mean predator. I love it!

By Mark Hutton (Trynda1701) on Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 11:25 am: Edit

Just checking, are those rear phasers ok? They look the same as on the 4/4 render and thought that the phasers were maybe to be altered?

I stand ready to be corrected on this! :)

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 04:58 pm: Edit

Yes, the phasers are fine. Sent to prototype.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation