Archive through April 17, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Federation & Empire: F&E COMPUTER PROJECTS: F&E Cyberboard Development: Archive through April 17, 2013
By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Lawrence, yes, it would be awesome indeed to modify the capital charts. They need to be bigger if possible to fit the counters better.

Hey, I don't think I've played you in a game. If you want we can at least start a game so you can see my play style and maybe add improvements based on it (and you can teach me a thing or two as well). lemme know.

By Pete DiMitri (Petercool) on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 05:51 pm: Edit

We are currently using an Orion fleet marker placed in the Wyn Star cluster to have a place where all ships sold can be looked at for convenient access.

Any chance we could get a WYN marker or something for that purpose? Or a holding area?

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Pete, the new beta game box has some "WYN" Fleet markers.

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 08:00 pm: Edit

Does it have fleet boxes and counters for Seltorian stuff from the recent Captain's Log?

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Yes. The Selts will be available for playtest. We had to edit a number of counters for the addition of the B factor for Web Breakers.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Let me know if you want me to send counter graphics. What I don't already have I can make in a minute each.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:28 am: Edit

In reverse order:

SVC: That would be great to have, I will send you an email requesting such a thing. Thanks.

RBE: Yes, what Turtle said...

PeteD: I can add something like that...consider it on my list.

Sidebar: If someone were to take look at the rules and limitations maybe this could instead be made into chart (sketched out) similar to Depot Level Repair?
Ship in holding area > money out > ship removed...Transport in/out > EP bonus listed. Maybe with national trade rights shown for at least the surrounding powers.
Super Sidebar: For EB this could transcend into a captured ship conversion program by the WYN to help bolster their Cluster forces.

Ted: They do indeed need to be bigger. I am going to play around with ideas after I get the rest of the items on my list checked off. Baseline idea is simply adapting the Origins charts Dan K made (found as a 'freebie download' of the Master Site Index). A game in the near future would be cool maybe a smaller scenario (beginning in May?).

ALL: I have a short list of corrections I have received from a select few who previewed the box this week. I should punch it out today or tomorrow.

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:43 am: Edit

Lawrence, sounds good. Lemme know.

By Gary Quick (Northquick) on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I'd like to request a Misc Chit in the Marker Tray that says "RAID"

By Gary Quick (Northquick) on Friday, April 12, 2013 - 05:00 pm: Edit

Also, in the Numbers Tray of MArkers, there are square numbers 1-4 in white, and 306 in light yellow.
Can you add the missing chits to be 1-6 at least in one color (if not both)?

By Michael Parker (Protagoras) on Friday, April 12, 2013 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Could you add a "Mike P wins this battle... just don't even roll" chit for me!

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, April 12, 2013 - 06:41 pm: Edit

Raid added per Pete D request last week (in two colors).

The square numbers are 1-7 now (both colors) and I added a plus/minus point box on the battle boards to use them with.

I extended the range of the yellow numbers (41 thru 49).

SVC sent me the Selt stuff on Wed (thought I would mention). Thanks Steve!

Improved Fleet markers.

Mike: sure I will .

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, April 12, 2013 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Oh and yesterday I put in the WYN trade chart to track trade rights used and to give you a place to drop the ships you sold to the Cluster.

By Gary Quick (Northquick) on Friday, April 12, 2013 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Yes, 1-7 is even better, I was just moving a fast ship and was going to revise my request....

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 07:35 am: Edit

MP, your request has been denied. Instead the chit says "Mike P loses this battle... just don't even roll" lol

By Gary Quick (Northquick) on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 02:26 pm: Edit

How about a "Devastated" Chit?

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 02:30 pm: Edit

"This chit has been devastated".

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 02:39 pm: Edit

There's a marker in the new gamebox in Capitals and Planets Marker group. Actually there are 4 different colored ones.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 05:20 pm: Edit

ENOUGH! This is a family board.

You have an hour to figure out substitutions for rude words and either fix it yourself or email it to me. After that, I'll substitute "fluffy" in pink.

Jean
WebMom

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:44 am: Edit

Yeah, what Jean said...

Hi Jean,
Rather than correct to a fluffy pink please delete from Gary's post to this one.

I am just about done adding new stuff this round as the real suggestions have slowed to almost nil.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:45 am: Edit

The next phase before I submit to ADB for posting is to get a few people to build scenarios. If all goes well it would be up by months end so you all can practice up before Origins.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Slirdarian Corporal, please hunt down Gary Quick, Ted Fay, and Alan De Salvio. Use that soap that we got cheap from that Orion trader and make sure they understand the errors made ...

(This is better than their mass extinction which was ordered on the highest level -- although THL might have merely meant the posts ...)

Thanks!

Jean
WebMom

By A. David Merritt (Adm) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Slidarian Corporal: Yes Ma'am, Let me find wherever the "soap" has crawled off to this time.

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 05:24 pm: Edit

:)

More serious request: Lar, if not done already I'd like to have a "rebellion" marker so we can mark rebellions as such, thanks.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Ted: That is a good one. I will add that.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation