Archive through May 01, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Federation & Empire: F&E COMPUTER PROJECTS: F&E Cyberboard Development: Archive through May 01, 2013
By Gary Quick (Northquick) on Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 05:38 pm: Edit

How about Battle Chit markers that Match the Name & Colors of the Battle Boards?

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Yes, that would be nice.

Also, I don't know about other people's play styles, but I have yet to find a use for a single battle board. I'd rather all battle boards be double - but of course I don't want to take away from other users if others like the single battle boards.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 05:56 pm: Edit

I have 10 (double charts) of them in there Gary...including 2 for the ISC. I also have 4 singles (2 ISC)

I guess I should just get this thing out and let you guys make a list for what is NOT in there.

By Gary Quick (Northquick) on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 11:54 am: Edit

:)

others:
1. Colored RDU marker for each race.
2. There are police ship markers, and a police ship counter tray. The counter tray seem redundant and not all that useful. This would be a way to free up a significant # of counters if needed also.
3. Prime Teams could be made a marker rather than counter also, for the same benefit.
4. What are the "Hexes" markers used for??
5. C and D territory markers should be eliminated, and replaced with text chits for captured and disrupted.
6. "Blank Bases" ,markers should be removed.

I'll stop until I see the revised version you have...

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Gary reply to some of your notes.

3. PTs need to be counters to be included in Fleets for ease of keeping them together.

4. Hexes markers are used for EB games, and for drawing provinces on the standard F&E maps.

5. C and D markers use less space than text markers. Player choice for D being disrupted or devastated. depending on the hex it is placed in. Although the new game box has a devastated marker in it.

6. Blank Bases are used in a blind EB game. They need to remain for that purpose.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Responses not covered by Turtle:

PT are limited (EB expands them to make the equal for all, but still limited), No worries here.

Police. Limited items...I may eventually put these into the Marker tray only but for now we can afford to have both.

RDUs...hmm good one...I will make those tonight.

I reorganized the marker tray a bit...the C/D markers have been reduced to mainly 4-5 choices...which is about 1/2 of what we had.

to save space I wiped out the Monsters tray and the troop tray (6-12 of each empire represented). ...they are both markers. I am not sure anyone needed or used these items in their fleet trays.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 08:48 pm: Edit

We have a scenario complete (Thank you FEAR) with 3-4 more on the way. (Nothing is posted yet...but soon). Tim is banging on my email to finalize so his EB stuff can be created.

Discovered a couple of small issues which have been fixed and did not disrupt the scenario building.

This thing is on schedule. I will let you know.

By Alan De Salvio (Alandwork) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:24 pm: Edit

Too late to ask for some 3xFF and 6xFF ISC counters? Less important in F&E, more important in EB.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 04:07 pm: Edit

I have added Squadron Counters to all major races. They are going to be in a separate tray toward the bottom of the list.

I moved them here because personally I thought they cluttered up the regular trays. I felt it was more organized to add them into their own tray. To be frank, it was easier for me to do it this way then to go and find each type of ship I made a squadron for (mainly base hulls) and squeeze them in.

In scenario construction they can be included or not. Player preference will dictate. I am sure Tim will include them in EB scenario set-ups.

By Pete DiMitri (Petercool) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 04:41 pm: Edit

Hey, you know, I was thinking that maybe we could have squadron counters that account for the leader rule?

I'm not sure why that wasn't done in 2K10.

By Alan De Salvio (Alandwork) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Two leader (+1-0) markers for each empire would probably cover it, as they are battleforce elements only.

By Pete DiMitri (Petercool) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 07:36 pm: Edit

When would a counter of 3 CWs not have the leader bonus?

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 07:46 pm: Edit

When in the same force as another counter of 3CW?

By Stewart W Frazier (Frazikar2) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 07:48 pm: Edit

Hmmm, 3 leader counters per empire works out better, allows for 3 separate squadrons (rare, but possible)...

Pete, it would but using the leader counter is better for planning (it may be split to cover things)...

By Pete DiMitri (Petercool) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Richard,

well, you could use 6xCW counter for that, or just 6 CWs.

I tend to think that with Battlegroups it's not as likely to 6 CWs in a battleforce, but 6 FFs or DWs is more probable.

Stew:

I don't mind using the counter; I don't think that having the 3xCW with the leader would hurt. We have 3F5Q for the Klingons and 3F5 for the times when the leader isn't there, so it could work the same way.

In any case, whatever way Lawrence wants to show it, I want a leader thingie!

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 12:25 am: Edit

LOL

I will give you leader markers. It is then up to players to know and remember where to use them.

EDIT: OK it has been created as a marker in the Combat Marker tray. Look for them there when you get the new box. (One size/color fits all and you can make as many as you have need for). I made it so it can be a dominant banner across the battle board box you would have the counter in. It is large enough that is hangs (slightly) over each edge. (I made it like this so that even in the 2nd zoom level of viewing it is still visible.)

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 01:25 am: Edit

Oh, and I also verified the existence of Squadron Counter Trays for the following:
Fed, Klingon, Romulan, ISC, Gorn, Hydran, Lyran & Kzinti. The only one I had to add was the Kzinti (I hadn't missed it but had put the groups in with the other single ships). They are now where they should be. I just had to rename the Hydran tray.

The Andros had their stuff in groups already for EB.

What is in there is base hulls (mainly BG stuff). I did not include everything. I did group up a few D6D, D5D and CLD, DF for Drone Bomb use. Essentially you have enough in there to do it with single units but this gives you another option. Personally I don't like these at all and went to great lengths over the years to eradicate ALL group counters. I am only putting them back in because it helps with space issues and you guys want them. I trayed them up separate because if anyone doesn't want them they can remove them from the set up.

The guys helping with the Scenario building have all pledged to use single counters in building the starting lineups. You all can sub them in if you like.

- None of these will show the leader bonus...use the marker.
- Because I removed ALL groups in the past the F5Q (F5L + 2 F5) was eliminated. I did not add it back, the 3xF5 counter is just that 3 F5s. Of course the set up has the correct individual ships to make this squadron up should you wish it.

By Alan De Salvio (Alandwork) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 02:01 pm: Edit

Please send me the gamebox and assign me a scenario to build - you name it. I don't think three leaders is possible in one battleforce but I defer to Stewart on that one (it would be rare). If you want my 2cents the F5Q is like a historical artifact - any other squadron counter should be for counter space issues only.

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 02:19 pm: Edit

It is possible to have three leaders in a battle force if you have three appropriate FFs, DD/DWs and CL/CWs. It is possible to have different empire's ships on the same side in a battleforce as well.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Alan, will do. Do you have the Clog with the Eastern Marches (Updated) Scenario?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 06:53 pm: Edit

Progress Report:
Currently we have 4 scenarios complete.
As many are under construction...
The box continues to get small tweaks...

By Alan De Salvio (Alandwork) on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 12:25 pm: Edit

Yes I do Mr. Bergen

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 01:36 pm: Edit

Lar, remind me - did we already ask for markers for "annexed" and "long-term captured" ?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 02:00 pm: Edit

Ted: yep, in there.

By John Robinson (John_R) on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 02:26 pm: Edit

"Mr. Bergen". Feeling old yet Lar?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation