Archive through November 05, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Federation & Empire: F&E COMPUTER PROJECTS: F&E Cyberboard Development: Archive through November 05, 2013
By Eric Smith (Badsyntax) on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 01:54 am: Edit

Ahhh, got it... makes sense, having different versions of crap floating around everywhere is quite annoying, so this fixes it. Plus, your doing a great job ;)

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 11:18 pm: Edit

Any idea when the new one is going to be posted?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 09:34 am: Edit

It is ready, if ADB is ready to receive it and post it up. I can send it in.

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 11:24 am: Edit

Well, let's try to get SVC's permission then!

Will this board be compatible with old save games, or will we have to start fresh?

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 11:44 am: Edit

You will need to use the old game box(es) with older saved games. The new game box is very differently organized. It has a lot nice improvements in the layout.

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 12:27 pm: Edit

Great! I'm really looking forward to the new box. Has anyone emailed SVC or otherwise tried to get his attention? I don't want to bother him if he's already been asked and is busy with other things ATM.

By Mike Curtis (Fear) on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 12:39 pm: Edit

We are waiting on Simone getting up to speed as there has to be some web loading of the box and the scenarios.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Yep emails have been exchanged...They will get to it when they can (next week maybe?)
I found a small issue and will have it fixed, packaged and sent to them by Friday.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, August 02, 2013 - 02:45 pm: Edit

Mike and Jean. I have corrected the issues I found and verified the changes.

I have dropped the new files in the dropbox.
please retrieve them there and let me know how it goes. If need be i can email them in.

What is included:
Folder: F&E Cyberboard Game Box
Folder: 2013 Scenarios (included):
The Wind
The Wayward Wind
The Tempest
The Squall
The Klingon Eastern Marches
The Cloudburst
Gathering Winds
The 4PW (old version) I will update this later when we finalize the changes.

Plans for the future:
We can add any and all scenarios requested.
Personally I would like to see the 2nd Fed Kzinti War posted when it is finalized along with the 4PW.
We have been testing the scenario Cold Winters Day.

With the new box players can create the ADB scenarios and send them to me. I (or someone) can check them for accuracy. (Always good to have multiple sets of eyes check things).
These can then be included in the late fall update.

Please post the scenario file to the BBS as
F&E Scenarios1 v2013 (or something similar to the previously posted scenarios with new dates)
This way when we do the second folder it can follow in line.

Also I am sure we missed something. Please post feedback for the scenario setup and gamebox so updates can be listed on my to-do list.

Thanks.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, August 02, 2013 - 11:23 pm: Edit

The files have been placed into Dropbox after a permissions issue.

You guys should see it soon.

Oh and go get copies of the old stuff while you can if you want to preserve those somewhere in your archives.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 08:23 pm: Edit

MIKE, SIMONE, and JEAN.
Please do not post the files I sent.

I inadvertently wiped out some of the Wind scenario doing a final update to the box.

I need to reload the file and then resubmit it to dropbox. Sorry for the delay but I want this to be right and not have ADB waste valuable employee hours doing something more than once.

This error resulted from the fact that two weeks ago I noticed several size class 4 ships were missing a crippled red stripe at the mid-level view. The ships were fixed but the file was altered. I will have to recheck it and maybe have one of my extra sets of eyes check it as well. (Mike and Turtle this could mean you ).

The Queen is away for work so I should have some time to spend on this in the next 48 hours.

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 08:49 pm: Edit

In one of my games, my opponent said that the Klingon NR and SR fleets had an F5S and E4S at start but should not have both. Did that get fixed?

By Mike Curtis (Nashvillen) on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 10:13 pm: Edit

The notes should show that the E4S replaces the F5S in SO. This way a player can use any version of the game and delete unused counters from the fleet box for the scenario.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 03:45 pm: Edit

What's the status of this?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 08:05 pm: Edit

In progress of making final checks...there was an issue in the scenario deployment that caused missing ships in a test run...It affected more than one scenario so we are checking everything. The GW is done and the Wayward Wind (essentially the same scenario). I am hoping to have a positive announcement soon.

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 08:32 pm: Edit

Will it have a current version of the playtest 4PW?

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 12:06 am: Edit

That is the plan currently a work in progress because I finished that before the final beta version was completed.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 09:39 am: Edit

How's this coming along?
Need any assistance?

By Matthew G Lawson (Mglawson) on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:29 pm: Edit

I too am curious on the new upload of this.

By Mike Oliver (Mholiver) on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 01:06 pm: Edit

same here

By Pete DiMitri (Petercool) on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:58 am: Edit

Lawrence,

Just a note, I find the "moving" and "reacting" markers to be useful, as well as the "moved" and "reacted".

Also, the Lyran JGP-V should show 2 FCR fighters.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 05:23 pm: Edit

I am not sure if this is the right place. (This project is one of many that I provide space for but don't understand or track.) Somebody called asking "Where did all the cyberboard stuff that used to be on starfleetgames.com go?"

I have no idea what the answer is. So far as I know, we don't remove such files without being told to, or by some bizarre accident.

If you want files uploaded, please send them to Simone and include a note asking her to check with me (or just tell her to look in this topic where I said it was ok).

By Mike Curtis (Fear) on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 07:13 pm: Edit

We are in the process of updating them, Lar and his team are going to have the files finished soon and then have a bunch of them available to have Simone to post.

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Lar is currently reviewing the updated Hurricane scenario file I sent him along with some other files.

The updated Hurricane scenario was a bonus because it makes updating Gale Force for Fighter Ops easier. Everyone wins here.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 07:46 pm: Edit

Good to know. Thanks.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation