Archive through January 24, 2014

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Federation & Empire: F&E COMPUTER PROJECTS: F&E Cyberboard Development: Archive through January 24, 2014
By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 11:53 pm: Edit

I found it. Buried super skinny in the far bottom right of the screen hidden by the Windows icon bar I keep down there.

Good tip to have though!

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Monday, December 30, 2013 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Lar,

If you haven't already done so, could you please add an "RDF" marker, added for each empire along with the PDUs? Right now there's no residual defense factor marker.

Thanks,
T

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Monday, December 30, 2013 - 11:47 pm: Edit

I can do this. I have refrained from doing so in the past because it is not an actual unit, making a marker for it might give players the wrong impression.

Should it have a 0-3 factor on it per rules 508.211 and 508.24?

By Chuck Strong (Raider) on Monday, December 30, 2013 - 11:59 pm: Edit

May I suggest then a counter marked as such:

WiNON-UNIT
WRDF
Wwwi0-3

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 01:46 am: Edit

Lar, cool. The reason why I wanted it is that I like to mark liberated planets with an RDF to remind me that it's there - and now I have to use a PGB with a note.

And 0-3 factor is fine, as is Chuck's suggestion.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Ted It has been added (one for everyone).

L

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 11:22 am: Edit

Thanks! When is it going to be released?

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 07:53 pm: Edit

Poke. Waiting with baited breath!!!!! :)

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:03 pm: Edit

Googly eyes want it! o_O

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:34 pm: Edit

LOL...I got a chunk of it done last weekend...3 day weekend this weekend so I am hoping to get it wrapped up (mainly the work that is left is on the scenario front).

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 02:28 pm: Edit

SVC: Email sent. Please refresh my memory on where you would like the two zip files sent.

These will replace the items at the top of this page. I noticed today the files up at the top are no longer working for download.

Thanks.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 02:31 pm: Edit

Send the files to Simone and give her some guidance where you want them put.

And/or have the links at the top of this topic changed to the new files. Whatever is best for you guys.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 02:34 pm: Edit

Gotcha, and thanks.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 02:39 pm: Edit

Took me a bit to refresh MY memory what we were talking about. Too many moving parts in this universe.

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Yeah it had been a while. I told myself that since i had you place the announcement that it was coming soon in CL47 that I dang well better get it posted before CL48

By Lawrence Bergen (Lar) on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:17 pm: Edit

BTW I am testing some text changes in some of the Counters. Fed CA, CC are two testers. I think I like them couldn't decide on them though because the downfall is that the text size is slightly larger and on units that are very busy there would cramming and angst. Thought I would avoid that for now.

There are many changes to this box. You get a full brand new capital chart for all...I did leave the old. Renumerated battle charts and new battle hex counters. Scads of new markers in a shiny new reorganized format. A couple of playtest maps (one for a scenario I am toying with). Loads of counter updates and fixes.

By Will Culbertson (Willhc) on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:10 am: Edit

Can't wait to get a hold of it Lawrence! Many thanks on all the hard work (you and everyone else involved).

By Mike Oliver (Mholiver) on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 05:24 pm: Edit

Please I need my fix soon.........total of 33 days in the Hospital on 5 trips from Aug to now....Im ready for working up some new ideas.....feed me

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 05:29 pm: Edit

GIVE ME THE NEW CYBERBOARD GAME BOX OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!

Wait. Let me rephrase that.....

I greatly anticipate the new cyberboard game box! =)

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 05:52 pm: Edit

... and at 0617, variables takes BIR to 10, the Hydrans roll a 6, the Coalition roll a 4 (adjusted to 2).

The Hydrans do 50% of 407 = 203 damage, annihilating the attacking coalition force.

The Coalition does 37.5% of 120 = 45, mauling 2 PDU, destroying two more, and killing 15 homeless fighter factors.

Admiral Ted has died, no new Cyberboard Game Box for us. BOO!

By Tony L. Thomas (Scoutdad) on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Mike Oliver:
I don't know if you read all the F&E threads or not... but this will interest you, being a hometown... well, home state Tennessean and all.

Since ADB will not be at Origins, the F&E crew will not be at Origins either. This means an alternate location for that event is being sought... and it looks like Nashville TN is the winner.

If you really need a fix - there will be 7 straight days of all the F&E you can play - about 90 minutes away from you.

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Quote:

... and at 0617, variables takes BIR to 10, the Hydrans roll a 6, the Coalition roll a 4 (adjusted to 2).

The Hydrans do 50% of 407 = 203 damage, annihilating the attacking coalition force.

The Coalition does 37.5% of 120 = 45, mauling 2 PDU, destroying two more, and killing 15 homeless fighter factors.

Admiral Ted has died, no new Cyberboard Game Box for us. BOO!

GAH! :)

And this is why I often pick BIR 3 or less when hitting Hydrax for the first time....

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 03:27 am: Edit

I'm with Ted!

I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than be without the new Cyberboard box for even one more day!!

By A. David Merritt (Adm) on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 07:40 am: Edit

Slidarian Corporal;

Randy; Would 10:00 be a good time for your bamboo insertion?

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 07:51 am: Edit

Yes please.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation