Decals for Miniatures

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Starline 2400 Miniatures: Decals for Miniatures
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Archive through February 05, 2008  25   04/10 02:05pm
Archive through October 05, 2008  25   10/06 11:15am
Archive through September 09, 2009  25   10/14 02:57pm

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Always nice to have another supplier out there. It's good to have you around Bob.

By Bob Pomroy (Hobbybobp) on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Hi all! Pomroy Productions has some product announcements:

1. New releases: I've added new decal products, including Seltorian insignia and battle damage/field repairs. The Seltorian insignia are avalable with white, black, and orange backgrounds.

2. White printing: Several products (Gorn, ISC, and Seltorians) are now being printed on white decal film, allowing much better color coverage.

3. Fed lettering size: Block lettering size now exactly matches TOS Enterprise.

The Pomroy Productions web site (www.pomroyproductions.com) has not yet been updated, but it will be soon!

Thanks!
Bob

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Thanks for listening and responding to requests Bob.

By Bob Pomroy (Hobbybobp) on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:16 am: Edit

My website has been updated with examples of each block-style strip, showing the smaller font size for primary hull markings. The Twins game last night pre-empted production work on the actual decals, but samples on ships will be up soon.

By Marian L. Hilliard (Marianlh) on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 02:57 pm: Edit

I just got some of Mr. Pomroy's Klingon decals and they went on very nice. They lay down flat and there wasn't any adverse reaction to the decal solvent or setting solution. And even under a magnifier the image quality was pretty good.

I used Micro Set and Micro Sol and applied the decals over a coat of Testors clear gloss lacquer.

I also applied some Battletech decals last night from another seller that weren't nearly as good. Want to get into making Battletech decals, Bob? :)

By Bob Pomroy (Hobbybobp) on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Why, thank you! I'm quite pleased with my decal paper supplier; the film itself is very thin, but not too thin. I seal them with Testors Dullcoat before I mail them out.

I too use Micro Set and Micro Sol. I've used Walthers also, but I like Micro Sol better.

I intend to produce decals for many different games (both SF and historical), and I'm happy to field requests. However, in deference to Mr. Cole, I'd rather deal with these in personal messages, and stick to SFU requests here.

Thanks!
Bob

By Bob Pomroy (Hobbybobp) on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 10:05 am: Edit

I forgot to mention this here (I've posted it on the FC forum).

Pomroy Productions has released four new Federation decal sets, available in both block and rounded font:

FA/E-21: Additional Constitution class CAs
FA/E-22: Additional Fast Ships
FA/E-23: Galactic Survey Cruisers and Police Ships
FA/E-24: Additional Strike Carriers.

Samples of these strips are available on my web site (http://www.pomroyproductions.com/index.php?p=1_15_Products-Federation).

I've also put up a comprehensive list of all Federation ships and registration numbers used on my decals. A link to the list is available on the Federation Products page (above).

Thanks!
Bob

By Marian L. Hilliard (Marianlh) on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Bob,

Sent you an email about custom Klingon lettering. Thanks!

By Bob Pomroy (Hobbybobp) on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Pomroy Productions is getting an ALPs printer... We'll be able to produce decals with even better quality!

Keep watching this space for additional news!

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 02:47 pm: Edit

Awesome news Bob. You and I will be talking, for sure.

By Dean Gundberg (Star_Ranger) on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:11 pm: Edit

ALPs Ooooo, so you will be able to print white too and a wax based ink so no problems with the ink running in water.

By Bob Pomroy (Hobbybobp) on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 01:20 pm: Edit

Hi all!
I'm about to test my new decal strip of starbases (Fed block and round, Klingon, Kzinti, and Hydran). They look good on paper, but I need to put film to metal to make sure everything works.

I've also finished a draft version of windows and portholes, but I'm dubious of it. Again, testing will tell.

Stay tuned...
Bob

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 04:37 pm: Edit

I have a feeling the windows will work out better once you have your ALPS printer and can print white and yellow-printed-on-white.

By Mark Tutton (Starfighterace) on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 05:49 pm: Edit

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:28 pm: Edit

Question on Star Fleet Auxiliary Ships, such as small and large auxiliary cruisers, APTs (like the SFAS Cedar Falls, in the second Juggernaut story), etc.

Would these ships have NCC-numbers? I'm assuming they do, and used NCC-31013 for the unlucky Cedar Falls.

Or would they use something like NAC (Naval Auxiliary Contract)?

The decals I did for my mini of the Cedar Falls are so tiny, even if NCC is wrong it's not going to matter. However, I'm working up to do the light auxiliary cruiser-0086 SFAS Janet McCammon and need to figure out if it's NCC-0086, or (something-else)-0086.

Thanks!

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:34 pm: Edit

I don't know, Will, and leave it to your imagination, but I'm guessing there are so many of these guys that you should probably use NAC (Naval Auxiliary Contract) instead of NCC (Naval Construction Contract).

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Sounds good to me. Thanks SVC!

By Nick Samaras (Koogie) on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 06:41 pm: Edit

Folks,

I just received some of Mark's new Fed decals. If you though the originals were good (and they were), these are fantastic looking!

The colors are vibrant and the lines are super crisp!

I have not had the opportunity to apply them yet but all in all they are very impressive; I will definitely be ordering so more.

By Aaron M. Staley (Awwwdrat) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 03:50 pm: Edit

OH-YEAH! Doing the snoopy dance! No longer do I have to hand paint my Vudar insignias! Mark Tutton just finished them up for me.

(From the movie "Despicable Me") - OH-YEAH!

Mark is the MAN!

By Kevin H. Smith (Khsmith) on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 09:52 am: Edit

Since it looks like the producers of decals read this page, I would like to make a request. Could someone make a sheet of the old style Kzinti carrier symbols. The solid green color symbols is what I am talking about. I like the fleet and clan symbols, but I am sort of a traditionalists and having the early style designators for the Kzinti carriers as decals sure beats cutting them from film or masking tape to paint on.
If this has been suggested before please excuse my reittieration of the subject. I have bought decals from both Pomroy and Starfighter. I am very pleased with both. I have begun redoing ALL of my vast fleet of minis and finding the decals has GREATLY improved the looks from my original hand painting of the fine details.

By Mark Tutton (Starfighterace) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 10:31 am: Edit

I got that artwork. Created it years ago. Drop me a note thru the web site. starfighter-decals.com

By David Olmstead (Werwulf) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 01:07 am: Edit

Hi,
New to the board and had a couple questions about 2400 series decals. I'm looking at getting 2500 series mini's from Mongoose for their Call to Arms Star Fleet rules. I came across the Star Trek decals form Starfighter decals designed for the 2400 series. Has anyone used these before and has anyone tried using them on the 2500 series mini's as these are bigger than the 2400. If so how did they work out? Thank for any help.

By Nick G. Blank (Nickgb) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 02:25 am: Edit

There are 2500 series decals here.

http://www.tenneshington.com/

By Will McCammon (Djdood) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 01:05 pm: Edit

Tenneshington does indeed market custom-printed decals for Federation ships in Starline 2500 (you choose the names of the ships on your sheet).

However, ADB/Mongoose also sell a sheet of pre-printed decals (no choice in names) themselves.
Starfleetgames Store Listing

Both products are made specifically to fit the larger Starline 2500 minis. The ADB/Mongoose sheet is significantly cheaper. It really boils down to how important name-choice is to you.

By William Stec (Billstec2) on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 09:59 am: Edit

Does anyone have some decals for the Starline 2400 Kzinti ships that they don't need? I need some for a Kzinti BC and 2 FF that I'm working up for use at Origins. I can get by without decals if necessary, but decals would be prettier looking. :)

By J. Mance Haines (Warduke) on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 12:09 pm: Edit

Where do folks get their 2400 Federation name lettering decals from?

I ordered a set of Mark's Starfighter decals, and they come with the ship NCC numbering, but no names.

I have ordered a set of 2500 fed decals from Tenneshington, but until they have their 2400 decals out, are there any other sources?

Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation