Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONLINE FC CAMPAIGN: Commanders Choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...crap. I completely forgot about the campaign, (what suffers when you try to get a life. :-/ ). I'll let SD take the lead on this one and be military advisor/captain for him.
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeper wrote:
...crap. I completely forgot about the campaign, (what suffers when you try to get a life. :-/ ). I'll let SD take the lead on this one and be military advisor/captain for him.

Well I just got home, from a weeks vacation, so I'm available again. Sorry I vanished, but it's expensive to use the net from out in the middle of the Caribbean. lol
Mazza
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, well guzzoid and I will stick together then.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll take it that Sweeper and SylvrDragon wish to stick together leaving us with three empires?

Ok, well we could do three empires, but there are always problems with three in a game like this. Perhaps it makes more sense to change things up a bit and split into two factions and two a General War sort of thing.

If everyone thinks this is a good idea, then we could use the race we have selected, or if anyone wants their own race they could have it, but since it is all one big happy faction the responsibilities can be divided amoung the faction members.

How does that sound?
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread_Lord wrote:
Ok, I'll take it that Sweeper and SylvrDragon wish to stick together leaving us with three empires?

Ok, well we could do three empires, but there are always problems with three in a game like this. Perhaps it makes more sense to change things up a bit and split into two factions and two a General War sort of thing.

If everyone thinks this is a good idea, then we could use the race we have selected, or if anyone wants their own race they could have it, but since it is all one big happy faction the responsibilities can be divided amoung the faction members.

How does that sound?

I'm cool with whatever dude.
Sir_Krotar
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen much posted lately regarding the campaign. Is it on hold or is it going?

My schedule is opening up now, and I would really enjoy playing out battles. My biggest problem with the campaign were the strategic rules, which seem more complex than many of the SFB campaigns that I am familiar with. Even though FC would never give me a headache, I am afraid that the strategic rules might.

If the holdup for the campaign is the lack of another player, perhaps there's someone out there that would be willing to be a partner with me (hopefully someone that enjoys brainstorming with me over the campaign rules). With a partner, I'm sure that it would be much less intimidating and taxing for my schedule.

If the campaign is going, please contact me if you need a captain for hire. No assignment is too dirty
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I haven't gotten much of a response from the players who signed up for the campaign, so at this point I would have to say that no the campaign isn't going off.

It's too bad, but I understand how real life can get in the way of gaming. I'm afraid that in a campaign such as this, all the players have to really want it to work, otherwise it doesn't. Not a critism of anyone, but I believe that to be lacking here.

I'm surprised to hear that the Campaign rules are complicated. Any part in particular that doesn’t make sense? Perhaps it is a matter of the wording?
Sir_Krotar
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, I thought there were too many economic options to consider (for example, convoys). And for every economic option, one needs to consider the defensive countermeasures.

If I had time, I would like to play with this set of rules because it reminds me a lot of the flavor of F&E. But with less time, I would like to play a campaign with simpler rules that focus more on straight combat units (i.e. Ted's Master's Maze).

This is really disappointing that we cannot get a campaign going.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes I can understand that. There is always a balance in these sorts of things, and I believe the goal of the rule set is a light weight F&E feel.

I think the rules are pretty good at pursing its goal, but anything can be polished and improved.

Yeah, I agree that it is really disappointing. Online campaigns are tough. Honestly I have yet to see one truly succeed from start to finish. Ah well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: