Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW to FC Online/SFB online, Question about cloaked/hidden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raizer
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: NEW to FC Online/SFB online, Question about cloaked/hidden Reply with quote

Im back in the fold of STB/FC/ I purchased the rules last week on ebay and an online account few days ago. Ive been tooling around with engine offline, slowly figuring out the process. Im confused on cloaking devices.

-how to enable them in either FC/SFB with the on line program
-how to pay energy for them in FC
-I know how to hide a piece but I cant reveal it again-cant click on it
-Im not sure how the whole process works-or if there is even a process with the program for cloaked/hidden ships
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) There is no hidden movement supported by the client due to the possibility of cheating.

2) Currently, cloaking is not supported at all. You need to subtract the energy from the available by hand. I am working on this but I am stuck thinking about how the UI would work. Should the player have to manually pay each impulse or automatically pay for the player until he says stop and if it is the later when should it be paid?

3) In theory, you should still see it on your board but it should be hidden on your opponents.

4) As I said in 1), it currently doesn't.
jpat
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be way off here in how I'm interpreting the question, but (at least in FC) a cloak doesn't totally hide a ship--it's a "lock on" issue, per (5P)--and there's thus no need for hidden movement.
raizer
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah I now see its simply a range increase or a damage reduction, or both, depending on the weapon system and the fade/cloak
I didnt see anything in the online interface for dealing with this-but did see the cloak cost on the online ssds
Do you guys simply ignore the cloaking devices for online play? or just have the cloaker keep the available energy needed to cloak and go by the honor system
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: