Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does SFB have a "Master Rulebook"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnum357
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Does SFB have a "Master Rulebook"? Reply with quote

After the creation of SFC (Starfleet Command) and since I play Federation Commander a heck of a lot more then SFB, I don't think I will be using my old SFB material anytime soon.

But... just incase I do go back to SFB, I was wondering if ADB sells a complete manual of all the current rules in one book. I have heard rumors of a "Master rulebook" for SFB, but I have never seen it. Does ADB sell anything like this? I'm just talking about core rules, it wouldn't have to have senarios or specific information on each ship class.
TJolley
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure do have a master rulebook.

http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=5412&Category_Code=SCR
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is indeed an SFB "Master Rulebook" and it is probably the most useful SFB item I have ever purchased. It's quite convenient to have all of the rules from section A to section P in one place.

It can be found here: SFB Master Rulebook
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you are interested, there is also an Omega Master Rulebook - which covers material from the first 4 supplements, as well as several Captain's Log articles - and while there is no Magellanic Master Rulebook as of yet, all you really need is Module C5 to get you started with them!
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw these at the store yesterday. I understand that there have been some updates. In these master rulebooks, do they cover all the rules that come in all the modules? I didn't just jump right out and get one because I have all my rules all spliced together by the reference numbers. I am still trying to catch up on some stuff.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, it covers the rules from Basic Set, Advanced Missions, C1-C2-C3, Module J1-J2, and Module K.
Everything is updated an coallated so all the rules are in the correct numerical sequence.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It covers more than that! It has the advanced plasma rules from R10, it has Prime Teams from S2, and it has the Jindarian rules. It does not have the simulators, Magelanics, or Omega.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
... and it has the Jindarian rules.

I did not get the Jindarian rules in my copy of the MRB (revision B). I see both D25 and D26 (Jindarian Armor and Boarding rules) in the table of contents, but the rules were not included. Perhaps my copy is missing those rules? Thanks,

Garrett
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Odd. I don't have D25 or D26, either. But I do have the rules for the various warp rail guns ...

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These would be matters to ask Petrick, who rarely comes to this forum. Try Emailing him.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the place to mention that I caught a typo in the R-10 SSD book?

In the black bar across the top page, page 19 Federation New Heavy Fighter Carrier is missing the letter "T" in fighter. It's not like it's a life or death deal or anything, I'm just trying to be a good Boy Scout and do my good deed of mentioning it. It's probably old news. You might ask where have I been and I'd tell you that place between the ISC and the Omega sector.

I was looking for the Leinster.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: