Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fleet scale Royal Hawk and Nova Hawk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Fleet scale Royal Hawk and Nova Hawk Reply with quote

I was looking over my Romulan ship cards for an upcoming tournament and I noticed that the Fleet Scale Royal Hawk has a PV of 100 while the Fleet Scale Nova Hawk has a PV of 101. Looking at the cards I see no other differences.

In Squadron Scale, both ships have a PV of 192 and differ only in the plasmas, the Royal Hawk has 1 R and 2 F torps while the Nova Hawk has 2 S and 2 F torps.

I can understand the squadron scale same PV different torps, but the 1 PV difference between the Fleet Scale versions (with identical cards) is confusing.

Any ideas?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the cards handy, but, I believe the 1 point value difference is because the RoyalHawk's Pl-S has an FA arc, but the NovaHawk's Pl-S has an FP arc.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's it.
Dang - need to look a LOT closer.

Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remeber being confused by that one too.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to be sick...
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I think I'm going to be sick...

I don't quite follow ...

Anyway, the reason for the different arcs is because of what the Pl-S represents. In the case of the RoyalHawk, the Pl-R is FA, therefore its fleet scale Pl-S should also be FA. However, the NovaHawk's Pl-Ss are FP, therefore its fleet scale Pl-S should also be FP. Therefore, the otherwise identical fleet scale ships have that one slight difference.

FWIW, Steve originally planned to combine the two fleet scale ships into a single ship on the NovaHawk card, then use the fleet scale side of the RoyalHawk for something else (most likely a fleet scale Battlestation). However, the general concensus was that both ships should have their own fleet scale flipside, even if they are identical. That was when I pointed out that the fleet scale ships are not exactly identical ...

(I know no one wants to know the backstory. But, there it is.)

Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
I remeber being confused by that one too.

Post Count UP UP UP!!!

I think thats why he is going to be sick. Maybe its just me but I am a bit sick of Pinecones inserting "meaningless sentence here" posts on EVERY active thread. It's getting old. And yes I am the jerk but for the love of all that is good in Internetland someone had to say it. Now if you must ban me for being so judgemental I understand, I will take one for the team.
Paul Grogan
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I happen to agree - Forums should be kept clear of meaningless "me too" posts.

(although I suppose me posting here I guess is the same kinda thing - Oops), but it does need to be said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't wan't him to feel like he was the only one who missed that. Are you going to give me a hard time about this all through out my time on the fourms? I don't want you to get banned, or myself either. I apologize for that if you don't think it was important. I'll try to stop posting useless things, but what do you consider useless?
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike West:

Actually, those backstories are very interesting and go a long way to explain the reasons for some things. There are those of us who do want to know the truth...
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to make this post here because, while totally off-topic, it is where the comments were made. After this post (yes, I am claiming last word here on this), I will delete any followups. If anyone wants to have a discussion on "meaningless posts" (and whatever that means), please do so in an appropriate thread in the General topic.

For the record, pinecone's post here was perfectly fine. However, I can also see the issue from other posts that have been made. But let's please move the discussion to somewhere more appropriate.

Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: