Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pasadena, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Pasadena, CA Reply with quote

No group yet, but trying to get one together. Game Empire (formerly The Game Zone), just west of Colorado and Sierra Madre, is trying to get a group together to play. Previously there were a few of us meeting there on Saturdays, but schedules got problematic. And there was also the small detail that frequently all of the game tables would get filled up by sprawling tabletop miniatures games.

Currently, the hope is to get things going on Monday nights. At the moment there's no real group, but the store owner is a fan of the game and is more than happy to play if an opponent is needed.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, Monday night games consist of me versus the store owner. But we had some new people show up last night. One was a newcomer that we explained the rules to, and the other was an SFB vet (paraphrased comment upon seeing how the power is handled in FC - "Well that just got rid of about half the complexity and time right there!"). The store owner also mentioned that he'd been teaching the game earlier in the day. Games consisted of the new guy in an F5 against me in a Tholian DD (and he learned the hard way why you don't HET into the forward arc of a Tholian DD at the start of a turn...), and a Fed FF (me) and Fed CA (SFB vet) against a Klingon F5 (new guy) and D5W (store owner).

Once again, if you don't live too far from Pasadena, CA, feel free to drop by on Monday nights any time after 6pm.
devolution
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still play on Monday nights? I see FedCom listed as a Monday night event on the Games Empire website, so hopefully you guys are still going strong.
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played there two weeks ago and met Junior and another player (who I do not believe posts). I'll be there next Monday again, so if you show up you'll have at least one person against which to play.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still play. Unfortunately, we're still a small group and Flames of War (which is played on the same night) is tempting our regulars (including the guy that The Rock played a couple of weeks ago). My own availability is limited based on when I manage to get off work, though I usually manage to make it in by 7 (8 at the latest).

But you've apparently got a guaranteed opponent next Monday.

If no one's currently playing when you arrive, then talk to the store owner. While he tends to play Flames of War more often than not, he's a FedCom player himself and will be more than happy to direct you to anyone in the store who plays.
devolution
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I'm finishing up Summer classes next week. I'll see about coming by and checking it out (probably not next Monday, but the week after.)
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday nights at Game Empire are starting to get very crowded - and not with FedCom players, unfortunately. So we're considering changing the night that everyone meets on. In addition to getting more table space, it should also hopefully free up some players who are otherwise occupied that night.

The change is still tentative, but we're going to try out Wednesday nights. The change will start a week from this Wednesday, on September 3.

You can also post your interest in playing a game at another time by posting a note on the store's Yahoo Group - http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gameempire91107/

There are a few of us who regularly check the group, so you should be able to get a game even if you can't make it into the store on the regular night.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been hearing, the Wednesday night games have been a great success and we've had an influx of players over the last few weeks. So feel free to come on down and join in if you're in the area!

Unfortunately I myself haven't been able to put in an appearence at any of the recent FedCom nights. My job is connected to the market, and... well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: