Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scenario 8DK4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Scenario 8DK4 Reply with quote

In Scenario 8DK4, it asks for a WYN Barracuda-class DW, is it refering to the Wyn Cluster War Destroyer? Its counter shows it as a DD not a DW, but its the only thing I can find?

Also, same scenario it stays to use two converted ship from either the Klingon, Lyran, and Kzinti. Its says to use a converted F5 but substitute a D5, a Lyran DD substitute a CW, and a Kzinti FF substitute a CM?

Last edited by asguard101 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WYN do strange things with the ships that they capture from other races...

It's been long enough that I don't remember exactly what the WYN conversion of a Lyran Destroyer looks like, but you could probably get away with substituting a CW or a CL for the time being.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that the WYN War Destroyer and the WYN DD are one and the same. So far as I can recall, the WYN only had one native destroyer class.
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior wrote:
And yes, I'm pretty sure that the WYN War Destroyer and the WYN DD are one and the same. So far as I can recall, the WYN only had one native destroyer class.

I thought so at frist too, but in the DK Ship Guide it refers to the Destroyer as a "Mako" and the Scenario refers to a "Barracuda" Destroyer. So I'm a little stumped.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably an oversight. Just run it with the Mako in the meantime.

If you don't have a counter for a ship (and you don't), then it's not available in the product or the boosters (there's a counter for every card found in the boosters). The ship might be available in an issue of Captains Log, but I doubt it as it's not found on the Master Ship Chart.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Megahex Module, the counters for that ship say DW, if you want those instead.

junior: This is probably useless information, but there were not any counters for the normal dreadnaughtes found in the BA boosters. (Another reason to get the megahex module)
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Scenario 8DK4 Reply with quote

asguard101 wrote:
In Scenario 8DK4, it asks for a WYN Barracuda-class DW, is it refering to the Wyn Cluster War Destroyer? Its counter shows it as a DD not a DW, but its the only thing I can find?

The Barracuda is the FF, not the DD, so that is a typo. It should say Mako.

The Mako is referred to as both a DD and a DW. The reason is because it is their only destroyer design (thus the DD), but it is easily the equivalent of any of the war destroyers (thus the DW). So, in the case of the Mako, DD and DW are used interchangably.

Quote:
Also, same scenario it stays to use two converted ship from either the Klingon, Lyran, and Kzinti. Its says to use a converted F5 but substitute a D5, a Lyran DD substitute a CW, and a Kzinti FF substitute a CM?

Eventually, we will see designs for the converted/purchased ships of other empires that have been drastically upgraded. So, to get the effect of a converted and upgraded F5, use a D5. To get the effect of a converted and upgraded Lyran DD, use a CW. And so on. The scenario is trying to tell you the "real" ship to use, but, since it doesn't exist, also another ship you can use so you can play the scenario with ships that do current exist.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thank you for the info. Is their FF in a schedule any where?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in the mix for Hydran Attack, but there is nothing set in stone yet.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: