Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please do not send private messages to Steve Cole

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Please do not send private messages to Steve Cole Reply with quote

My Mac OS9 system and the PHP software for this BBS do not play well together. It takes me half an hour to dig a private message out of the matrix, and that's time that comes out of designing new games.

You can Email me (design@starfleetgames.com) if you don't want to say your thing in public.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can things be said to you here if you don't mind that it's in public, or should I email you anyway?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I you want the best chance to get your message to Steve, email him.

If that hiccups, email him, then alert him on the "Hey Steve!" topic on the legacy bbs.

Failing that, he does (obviously) follow this forum, but much less frequently than the other forum or his email.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Thanks Mjwest.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do read the board every day, but don't always read every topic.

Email gets to me (most of the time) and I answer most of it the day I get it. Things that take a little digging/doing may wait a day, and things that take a lot of doing/digging may take more. Submissions go into a submission file and get looked at in turn; the current wait is 6-14 weeks. Questions get sent to the Q&A guy for that game and only go to me if the Q&A guys need my help.

So, you can post here or you can Email me. just don't send me a private message please.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I had an Idea about the Orion pirates Map panels problem. The first rulebook seemed to indicate that stars would eventually be added to the game as terrain. one might argue "why not just use counters?" but they could have said the same thing about planets (which were on both). so I propose the idea of star map panels for the next set.
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
Okay, I had an Idea about the Orion pirates Map panels problem. The first rulebook seemed to indicate that stars would eventually be added to the game as terrain. one might argue "why not just use counters?" but they could have said the same thing about planets (which were on both). so I propose the idea of star map panels for the next set.

Thats not a bad idea. A Solar body would be interesting.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a solar body could be amusing, other than the minor detail it would be about four maps across. Simple way to simulate it is that nobody can move off of THAT edge of the map since it's a star and your ship would melt.

This actually isn't a topic for this kind of conversation, and I don't want it to turn into a random collection of unrelated notes nobody will be able to find later.

We already decided that FCOA will include some sheets of cardstock play aides. Actually, it turns out, the new counters cost more than the old counters and maps combined so there isn't a lot of economic slack in the product. If we had maps scheduled to go in it, we would have to raise the price by $5 or $8.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could put two of the panels in one set and two in another, but play Aides are good too.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Steve said, this is not the spot for that conversation.

I am locking this topic because the first message contains the necessary information.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many different ways to keep track of those things, great and small , unique and periodic, which I need to do. I try, once a year, to consolidate all of my notes, iists, stickies, reminders, emails to myself, scraps of paper, napkins with cryptic symbols, and other things onto one single MAGICAL LIST OF THINGS TO DO.

So, you are invited to send me reminders, suggestions, advice, tips, hints, clues, or anything else about anything else that I said i would do, should do, tried to do, meant to do, forgot to do, intended to do, promised to do, said in print that I would do, and somehow for some reason did not actually do.

If the list is all in one place, at least everything on it will get seen at least once a year.

I am not going to give you the current list, because I don't want to make you read it and compare it to your list.

Email me. No matter how obvious or ridiculous, how self-evident or outlandish, if I need to be doing it I need to put it on my MAGICAL LIST OF THINGS TO DO.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody sent one this morning. It was deleted unread as it was too hard to get to.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: