Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fed DDL (and DNF too) and Plasma Fs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Plasma-F launchers include a stasis box that allows the torpedo to be held indefinitely without power. As a result, you're allowed to start any game with your Plasma-F torpedoes fully loaded.

(trivia note - in earlier editions of Starfleet Battles, there was an "Orion Drug Runner" ship that was basically an LR with two Plasma-F launchers in the wing option mounts; the Plasma torpedoes were on the ship so that the built-in stasis boxes could be used to store drugs)
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Doyle wrote:
Quote:
I TOLD you not to purchse your Photons from "House of Kang..your total Federation Weapons Warehouse"

But Kangs prices are so good......

Plus I offer only the best customer service....
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGOPTIMUS wrote:
Sweeper wrote:
One of the things folks tend to forget(I know I do on occasion) is that PL-Fs can be held indefinately. So if the scenario allows it, the squad DDL can suck up battery power to pre-arm at least one of the Fs. This will allow a few more options on Turn 1.

Ah, but recall that plasma Fs are fully loaded at the beginning of the scenario anyway, unless otherwise stated.

Ah, so it is, I was thinking something else.

Heh, with the ease of weapons swapping in Fed Com, I wonder if anyone has swapped the PL-Fs on the Fed DDL, BCF, or DNF with PL-Ds just to see the result.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to Necro but Where is the Federation DDL or DDF that is being talked about in this thread?
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fed DD was published in and early issue of Communique (#4??). There's also a revised version in the Commander's Circle. The DD card just mentions that you can swap out two photons for plasma-Fs (making DDL) or drones (making the DDG). The DDF isn't in FC yet. IIRC, it was published in CL31 for SFB.

The Fed DNF was included in Romulan Border and Booster 18.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OG
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Lowest Bidder Reply with quote

TJolley wrote:
Yea..range 2-3..less than a 25% hit rate...couldn't hit a barn from inside with the doors closed

I too have suffered from this problem. I used to love the Feds in SFB but I just don't seem to have the same luck with my dice in FC. They're also quite a power drain and because you have to "pre-arm" them it puts you at a reserve energy disadvantage during the turn. I can never seem to make photons worth the power they take to arm. Sad It's actually this that has put me off playing the Feds in FC, at least in duels - they're better in a fleet action because massed and concentrated torpedo fire can still hurt pretty bad even with such a low hit rate. However, playing with minis gives you incentive to play with the Feds because they look pretty. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: