Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Functions Phase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missmatronic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Other Functions Phase Reply with quote

Just purchased ORION ATTACK last night and had the privelage of letting my friend pit some pirates against us. We had a neat game.

I finished my evening going over all the goodies in the new pack. I really think the MITS cards clear up a lot of turn order procedure issues and find them quite invaluable.

I did notice in the MITS cards that Tractors are listed before Transporters in these. Is this confirmation of a new rules change that passed me by. Until now I believed Transporter functions were performed before Tractor beams. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Other Functions Phase Reply with quote

missmatronic wrote:
Just purchased ORION ATTACK last night and had the privilage of letting my friend pit some pirates against us. We had a neat game.

I can't wait to get my copy and play some games... wait, I've had the playtest rules for months and have already played multiple games. Rolling Eyes I do think that Orion Attack will be the best expansion yet. The pirates can be played so many different ways, you never get tired of them.

missmatronic wrote:
I finished my evening going over all the goodies in the new pack. I really think the MITS cards clear up a lot of turn order procedure issues and find them quite invaluable.

Woot! I'm really glad you like them. We started using those before the first release of Klingon Border and have used them ever since. They have become a standard part of all of Battlegroup Murfreesboro's Fed Comm kits... although the name MITS will take some getting used to...

missmatronic wrote:
I did notice in the MITS cards that Tractors are listed before Transporters in these. Is this confirmation of a new rules change that passed me by. Until now I believed Transporter functions were performed before Tractor beams. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this?

The initial version read Transporters - tractors, as indicated in rule (1E2e). This was the version submitted to ADB. During review of the pre-production run, I asked Steve where exactly in the other functions phase the WEB step should go?
His response was, "Based on SFB, it is now Web then Tractor then Transporter then Cloak."
As this is a change from the printed rule, a clarification should come from SVC or MJWest.
missmatronic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!! Thanks a lot Scout Dad-E-O! That is a comment of great interest. That really was a great idea to have those finally printed. I followed with interest on your development of those when I was just a humble guest of the forum.

"Get your stinking MITS off me, you damn dirty Orions!!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: