Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overpowered Races
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Race is the most Overpowered?
Federation
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Klingon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gron
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Romulan
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Kzinti
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lyran
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Hydran
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Tholian
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
None of the above
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, submarines are dishonourable, then. Plus they can fire while still 'cloaked' Twisted Evil
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
In that case, submarines are dishonourable, then. Plus they can fire while still 'cloaked' Twisted Evil

Indeed, submarines could also be called dishounourable by the same argument. Notice of course that I never said a cloaking device is necessarily dishonourable...
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't firing at a ship class smaller than yours or multiple ships firing at a single ship be dishonorable ---

Sounds like you all need to set up a map ---- charge all weapons come out to center and alpha strike --- return to your corners, recharge and come out and do it all over ---

Me thinks your all grasping at straws to cover your lack of ability to defeat these tactics, so you consider them dishonorable --- Until everyone uses the same ship with the same weapons etc the only honor is in how you handle the defeat your given or the chivalry given your opponents --
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dishonorable" is an epithet applied by those who are unable and/or unwilling to accept the truth that in war there are no rules.

Razz

War is Hell. Whether or not it's 'dishonorable' to shoot a fleeing soldier in the back is something that the philosophers and grey beards can argue over for the next millenia. What's more important to me is that once he's dead, he can't come back and try to shoot me in the front.

And if you persist in your ridiculous arguments, then remember that the most honorable empire in the setting is the Hydran Kingdom. A Hydran fusion ship lets YOU take the first shot before closing to point blank range and turning your ship into a radioactive hulk.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior wrote:
And if you persist in your ridiculous arguments, then remember that the most honorable empire in the setting is the Hydran Kingdom. A Hydran fusion ship lets YOU take the first shot before closing to point blank range and turning your ship into a radioactive hulk.

Ok now we have a nomination for the dumbest race in the SFU Laughing JK JK JK...

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dal Downing wrote:
junior wrote:

Ok now we have a nomination for the dumbest race in the SFU Laughing JK JK JK...

Hydrans are so smart that even their weapons are intelligent!

To demonstrate, I'm going to let my Gatling Phasers continue this discussion for me...

Twisted Evil
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
Sounds like you all need to set up a map ---- charge all weapons come out to center and alpha strike --- return to your corners, recharge and come out and do it all over ---

Me thinks your all grasping at straws to cover your lack of ability to defeat these tactics, so you consider them dishonorable --- Until everyone uses the same ship with the same weapons etc the only honor is in how you handle the defeat your given or the chivalry given your opponents --

I don't think anybody here was ever seriously accusing any race of being dishonourable, certainly I read it as a joke anyway. Either way, why would anyone be clutching at straws to cover their lack of ability to defeat these tactics when what's under discussion here is cloaking devices? They're not exactly all-powerful enough that someone needs to go as far as acusing their use of being dishonourable because cloaking devices can't be beaten...
erie_gp_man
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's more important to me is that once he's dead, he can't come back and try to eat me in the front.

fixed it -
you've never faced zombies then?
Happy Halloween
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erie_gp_man wrote:
Quote:
What's more important to me is that once he's dead, he can't come back and try to eat me in the front.

fixed it -
you've never faced zombies then?
Happy Halloween

If he's running away from you, then you've got enough time to set up the head shot.

So no, I've never faced zombies.

Wink
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

er..That zombie is running *away* from you?

Try to keep up. Run. Do not look behind you.

If whatever is behind you can scare off a zombie....
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Ibekwe wrote:
er..That zombie is running *away* from you?

Try to keep up. Run. Do not look behind you.

If whatever is behind you can scare off a zombie....

If I stipulate something from the start, then it's best not to ignore it.

As I said...

Quote:
Whether or not it's 'dishonorable' to shoot a fleeing soldier in the back

And in any case, you've taken the conversation wildly off-topic. Zombies are, at the moment, not a part of the SFU.

Except maybe in that scenario that has a bunch of plants take control of a Gorn starship.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And in any case, you've taken the conversation wildly off-topic.

Whoa, we had a topic???

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not saying you can't use a dishonorable weapon (the crossbow was dishohnorable before muskets, but it could take out a heavily armored knight, so people used it.) In fact, that part was somewhat of a joke. I just think the cloaking device is overpowered, especially if you have the same or worse turn mode. (once played Fed BCF vs BH and WE, and no one ever fired anything other that phasers and carronades! Shocked )
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
(once played Fed BCF vs BH and WE, and no one ever fired anything other that phasers and carronades! Shocked )

Didn't the Romulans get toasted then? In a phaser duel, I'd have thought the BCF was fairly well off as the early series Romulans haven't got a very decent phaser armament while the BCF has. Also if the Feds were using their carronades, this would give them an extra edge in close-in firepower.
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klingons would become overpowered if that Bird of Prey that could fire while cloaked were ever brought to FC.

Star Trek 6 was great! It amazed me that a Heavy Cruiser and a Battlecruiser were needed to take out that thing.

Really, I've only got Klingon Border and in that box are some pretty balanced races.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: