Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Gameroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
I have to play on our kitchen table, but at least I have an 8-foot x 4-foot overlay for it.
We've got a game coming up on Monday, so I'll post a couple of pics of the game, the gaming group, and the "Man-Cave" where all the minis are painted / stored!

Well, it only took 47 days - but here are the promised photos:
The 4-foot by 8-foot overlay on the kitchen table:

This is near the end of the first turn of Combat Rally. Note Steve Cole in the upper left corner of the photo. This was when he stopped by our place on the way home from DragonCon.

Here is a photo of my workroom. It's kinda like the inside of a Hydran ship: small, but comfortable...
[/img]
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see SVC hanging out in the corner of your gaming picture.

I wish I had a dedicated workspace. My computer desk isn't right (too dark, too small of a flat space). I do all my minis either outside on our patio table our on the kitchen table (which of course means everything has ot get packed up pretty much nightly so the table can get used for gaming, eating, sewing by the wife, etc.).
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lucky - my wife ahs pretty much "given" me a dedicated workspace to work on ministures ever since we've been married. Now mind you, in some of the rented apartments we've lived in - it's been an awful small workspace. Smile

Since we're buying this one though, she let me actually build a dedicated workroom! You have to love a gaming wife!!!
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previously, I've had a small but dedicated work space for all of my models, which has allowed me to keep things in place during construction and painting. Where I am now, however, we have a table which houses a pair of computers, the space between which has to be multi-function as this is also where we eat our meals and do study/work.

What I've got is my paint and tool box at the back of the bench, and a piece of chip-board which acts as my modelling mat (it's about 13x26 inches). It's more cramped than I would like, but it allows me to put the board on top of my box and make enough space to eat or write at the desk, and then bring the board down when I do my models. It means I can keep things on my work space and just move the whole board instead! Of course the downside of this is that the board is small and cluttered, and that Vulcan wouldn't fit on it - it had to live in different places at various stages of its construction.

When we get our own place eventually, I think we'll have a dedicated bench or desk for modelling and other craft activities, as my wife also does various craft (including plastic model kits).
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davec_24 wrote:
Previously, I've had a small but dedicated work space for all of my models....

Cheeky $od! We gave you at least half a table!

Davec_24 wrote:
...and a piece of chip-board which acts as my modelling mat (it's about 13x26 inches)

Oh, so that's where it went! Wink
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
Davec_24 wrote:
Previously, I've had a small but dedicated work space for all of my models....

Cheeky $od! We gave you at least half a table!

Yes, but I'm referring to the past few years, where I have had about the same sort of space as I have now, perhaps slightly larger. I had enough space to build a flower class corvette at your place, so it can't have been too bad - in fact, it was two of the mats that now constitutes my workbench, plus a little room for tools and things at the side. All in all, a decent size... except of course my little brother couldn't keep his workspace tidy and would shunt rubbish and things onto my side of the table...

Kang wrote:
Davec_24 wrote:
...and a piece of chip-board which acts as my modelling mat (it's about 13x26 inches)

Oh, so that's where it went! Wink

The mat is indeed from my old model bench, in fact I think I've had this one since I was about 9 and it's covered in paint. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: