Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Chance for decals.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Last Chance for decals. Reply with quote

I have "restocked" the web store and accepting orders for the Star Fleet decals again. You have until 6pm Friday to place your orders. There is a limited amount of each decal set available for purchace. Orders will be filled as time permits, and availability of supplies. Expect waits of up to 6 weeks if you are ordering Federation Decals, especially custom name requests.

If sales stay static and the lack of support continues, consider this a 6 month notice for the rest of the line.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me what kind of machine I need, Mark, and ADB will at least look into taking over this task from you, since you clearly don't want to do it.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC -
Email sent this morning.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Tell me what kind of machine I need, Mark, and ADB will at least look into taking over this task from you, since you clearly don't want to do it.

You are looking at 2 to 3 Alps printers at $1100 ea. About another $500 to $1000 worth of ink carts. Paper runs around $200. That should last you 4 to 6 months (if one of the printers dosen't break). You'll also need to run them off a PC, as Mac support left 8 years ago. Depending on your graphics program, you'll have to buy a licence for that machine as well. So that's $150-$400 depending on what you use. Then you have to learn how to actually print them and set up the art work. You are looking at 4 to 6 weeks to learn. Printing them will take around an hour per sheet plus triming and packaging. But all of this is useless without the art work to print. That is going to take months to create.

I never said i didn't want to do it. Putting words in my mouth (again!). I don't tell you how to run your business. Never have. Not my concern. I'm sorry you don't like my decisions. Many you make I don't like either, but I have to look out for my business. Star Fleet universe decals have not been profitable for the time it consumes and resources it takes from my business. I am consolidating the line to what does sell. Those who have actually taken the time to write me have been assured they will be able to continue to buy them from me as long as they want. I'm just not going to throw away money made from selling the decals and accesories I make for for military subjects just to keep a line of slow or poor selling decals on my web site.
Vanguard
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that he doesn't go to a bulk printer anyway, which would allow volume printing, but cut out the 'customization' aspect to a minor degree, (Which could be overcome simply with registry sheets, etc), I'm seeing an Alps Microdry printer for about $300 most places I look (such as Office Max). The newest one I could find was $500 to $600 for the MD-5000 printer, with a cost of $10 per color for each ink.

The big adventage to Alps printers was that they printed white, which is a rarity in the field. This is most obviously useful on transparency, which is what we're looking at. Professional printers, though (even ones such as Kinko's), will have this capability as well, as they do photo transparencies all the time.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more arguing please. (No, you aren't arguing yet, but I want to stop it before it happens.)

Mark,

No one is telling you how to run your business, no matter how uninformed they are. Please just email Steve and continue the conversation in email.

Neale,

Please, just let it go.

Thank you all.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark: I don't know what's going on in your life to provoke these outbursts of hostility, but I'm sorry you are upset about ... whatever it is you are upset about. Your customer service has always been ... well... terse would be one term, but something has turned you just nasty. ADB has supported you for years and every dime you have made from my customers has been because of that support. I haven't made a dime from you. If you want to keep doing decals, do so! If you don't, I cannot make you and you certainly do not expect me to beg you. Your last email talked about how badly I have treated you, but seriously, where, when, what? The only thing I can think of is that somebody else spelled your name wrong and the minute you complained to ME (you had never done so, despite being unhappy about that for some period of time) it was fixed. You sent me some stuff to upload and I sent it to the webmaster who didn't get it uploaded because he was in the hospital (he subsequently DIED). When you reminded me of it, it was uploaded the next day. (Hint: Months of stewing about how upset your were isn't my fault. All you had to do was ask me to fix it and it got fixed the next day. Get it?) Your idea that I am somehow orchestrating people to complain about you is just silly. If people are complaining about you, it's because of your public meltdowns and arrogant attitudes on the BBS and forum.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: