Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFB Module G3 cover
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Preview Upcoming Cover Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanguard
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davec_24 wrote:
Kang wrote:
Not part of an aviation family are you, perchance? Wink

Not at all... Wink Ships have navigation lights too, of course, but then they are pretty much done the same as they are in aircraft. Having them the wrong way around could be rather dangerous with a ship or plane, though with a starship, the distances involved are so great that navigation lights are probably fairly superfluous anyway...

Impulse formation.
RCS Docking.

After that, yeah, they're not that much of a function. But, then again, they're not exactly illuminators, and don't take a lot of power when the ships have tons to spare for little things like that.

This isn't far off from modern navies, though. The ships have the formation lights on all the time, but they're primarily only useful for docking, formation maneuvers, or night-spotting if need be.
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and they look cool. You didn't add that to the list of uses. Wink

I suppose you might as well have the lights just in case they come in useful really - as you say they're hardly much of an effort or power drain when the ship has so much other, more complicated items fitted already.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: SFB Module G3 cover Reply with quote

AdamTurner wrote:

Now I'm getting the urge to go buy all the SFB expansions with great cover art (which they all have) Shocked

I love the CX (Blue warp-nacell domes, cool...)

Be nicer on the NCL's next time though Wink
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the CX, was it a licensing issue to not use the squared off version of the warp nacelles as used on the Enterprise-A and the Reliant?

I only like Andros when they forget to transfer their power from the panels and they pop like Seltorian on a hot light!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not the answer you are looking for but if you start sticking Squared Engines on the X ships you blow the Tatical Intelligence rules in SFB =) Razz The CX, CB, CC and the CA are suppose to be indestinquishable from each other untill you are close enough to start counting Phasers. Adma used a little more creative License than I may have like but the ship still looks hot and sexy Twisted Evil

And as far a licensing goes I am sure it would be against ADB Licens since they only cover TOS and the Animated Series. Besides the SFU went its way and Paramount went thiers. We had a NCL with Rounded Engines before they Sketch the Reliant.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Preview Upcoming Cover Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: