Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Guide request for FED DN, CA, TUG and SC/DD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiraiya1969
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Visual Guide request for FED DN, CA, TUG and SC/DD Reply with quote

I am getting ready to place decals that I purchased from http://www.starfighter-decals.com/ on the above models.

While I know where most of these decals need to go, there are a few, such as photon and drone rack launchers, that I do not.

Does anyone have pics of minis with Mark's decals or visual guides akin to he ones found on other ships from SFBs website before I get started. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website has decal placement instructions. Check the master index

http://www.starfleetgames.com/masterindex.shtml

under "decal" and you'll find them.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/decals.shtml

Anything not on that list means Mark never sent it to us to upload. You can ask him to send the placement guide for uploading, but he was in quite a snit before (why is anybody's guess) and he may not do that.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can search back through the threads in this forum to find several.

Any of mine that you find have Marks; decals as well as several others.

Just to give you some other info though, the photons go on the raised B deck area just below the bridge, facing forward. The drone racks are much more subjective, I've put some on the saucer top and bottom and on the sides and bottom of the secondary hull as well.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[cross-posted with OGOPTIMUS]

Sarpeidon -

Like SVC said about the placement guides.

Regarding the photon torpedo tubes (black dots with red outlines) and drone rack (the gray rectangles) on the decal sheets;
On the Fed CA, DD, DWH, and DW minis, the photon tubes are the bumps on the front of the upper "tear drop" that the bridge dome sits on (the plastic ships only have two bumps, but use all four decals).
On the FF and FFB, the photon tubes are the individual bumps on either side of the shuttlebay door (on the bottom front face of the saucer).
On the DN, DNL, DNG, and DNH mins, the photons are bumps on the upper front face of the saucer (the plastic DN only has two bumps. Again, use the correct number of decals - the plastic is pre-SFU and wrong). The BB is similar, but has additional photons on the forward and aft faces of the secondary hull.

This painting contest thread from the legacy BBS might prove useful.

The drone racks have never been definitively located - you can pretty much put them wherever "looks good". Racks that displaced photon torpedo tubes on refitted ships could obviously be placed where that photon would have been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: