Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who distributes FC and related products in UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Who distributes FC and related products in UK Reply with quote

Hi all, ive been getting my stuff from a local gaming store but recently there supplier Esdevium hasnt had the stock in of what i wanted. Does anyone know anyother UK based distributers of FC stuff please so i can pass it on.

The shop havent asked me to ask and i dont know if they will even use it but if i can get my stuff and they get an order i dont see why they wouldnt.

Regards
Zero
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count_zero99,

Don't know where you are based, but Liesure Games in North London runs a mail order service and usually seems to have a good stock of stuff around. I also use The Orcs Nest during my regular Central London trips, and The Game Shop in Aldershot, both of whom usually have a good selection of SFU things. I have yet to discover a local store in the Bristol/Gloucester area (mainly because I haven't looked). There's a reasonably active group in Exeter that Kang plays with, and I think they play at a store that stocks SFU merchandise, but I'm not sure what the shop is called. Finally, there is also a shop in Swindon (The Hobby Shop I think).

There are also a number of UK-based internet traders, but I won't mention them because SVC doesn't like internet traders very much.

Finally, look for some of the war game conventions and meetings around the country. I managed to pick up a fair bit of stuff at "Attack!" in Devises last year, and there's also Euro GenCon (which I think was in Reading last year).
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esdivium is THE distributor in the UK. The only other "distributor" decided not to carry SFU. The stores (Spirit Games, Leisure Games) buy from Esdevium; some stores (including those) also buy from Alliance warehouses in the US (which supplies the internet traders, who stock things sporadically and usually order only when they have an order). Esdevium restocks like every ten days, and I'm surprised if there are things you want they don't have pretty quick.

As a general rule, if you want a given product and the store cannot get it from Esdivium, Email me (design@StarFleetGames.com) and tell me the item, the store, and the date you tried to order. I will speak with Esdevium and arrange for them to resolve the issue.
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info. It appears human error got involved. Ordered Briefing #1 and Border Box #1 from the local shop. I was then told that Border Box #1 wasnt in stock. So I had to order it online, they didnt know when they were going to get in back in. Id have sooner got from them but i needed it soonish.

So I go into the shop to get the breifing. And a box of minis is put in front of me. Im like Shocked erm whats this?

Turns out it was the briefing that wasnt in stock and the minis that were. Where the error came from im not sure but i couldnt cancel my online order as it had been despatched.

So i was a little annoyed that i couldnt support my local store, so i ordered some more Fed Commander stuff.

All is well again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: