Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about Memphis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: What about Memphis? Reply with quote

Anyone out there in Memphis playing Fed Com? I'm trying to get the guys in our gaming club (Adeptus Memphis) interested. Right now most of the guys are heavy into Flames of War, but I have gotten several to play, and they have enjoyed the game. We meet at Gamerz Depot in Olive Branch on Thursday evenings. Drop on by if you're in the area.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atomic:
Have you checked the Commanders Circle?
There are 4 Memphis players registered and 1 Cordova, TN. Each of them list email address' and 2 of the phone have phone numbers also.

You might also checkout Arkansas and Mississippi. I know there's at least one player located in Olive Branch Mississippi that might be close enough to consoder.
atomic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Scoutdad. I checked and will send emails to those folks. Posting here just required the least amount of effort. Smile
Warhammer
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm here and part of the local boardgame group. Look up MSBGC on the web and you should find us. We have wargame days at Gamerz on the 2nd Saturday of the month, meet at MidSouth Gaming Center the 3rd Saturday of the month (and soon on Sunday nights), and at Garibaldi's by the UofM on the 1st Saturday of the month.

There are several people in the game group that are interested in playing FC or even SFB for that matter.
Warhammer
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a group of 7 players today at the Midsouth Games Center. We split into two groups. We had a combined Rom/Klink force go against a Fed force. 500 points to aside, the Feds came out the winners due to some hot dice and a lack of map specific rules. (On one map we had a Fed NCA crush a K5R while a King Eagle couldn't bring its plasma to bear in time and a mutual disengagement was brought on by a lack of specifics regarding the map rules.

On the other map, the Klinks got smushed pretty good. 5 of the players want to make this a regular game in the rotation with possibly playing a series of linked scenarios or a mini-campaign.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Gamerz Depot with a friend Sat. morning (fourth of July) and they had a big Flames of War game going. The owner (can't remember his name, he was nice though) asked me what games I did and I told him that the main thing I was into right now is FC, and he said they usually had several guys playing FC on the second Saturday of the month (which I assume is Warhammer's group). Wish he'd had some FC boosters or minis in stock, I'd have loved to have bought something there.

Figures that the one time I get to go I'd be a week early Sad
Warhammer
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in playing in Memphis, I will be running a session of FC at MidsouthCon this next weekend on Friday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: