Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omega races
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Omega races Reply with quote

So how soon before we see some of the new Omega races like the Bolosco
Qixa, Rynish, Vulpa, Zoseman Marauders, Xorkelians, I missed on the map what the "JF" designation stood for, Tazol, Wallimi, and Branthodon?

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xorkelians aren't an Omega race. They're on the other side of the Galaxy, and it's unknown if and when the SFU timeline will advance far enough for them to appear in SFB.

For the others...

We still don't even know if and/or when the Andromedans will show up. Have a little patience.

Razz
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior,

I think Mike is asking when these mentioned, but not yet published, empires would be published in SFB.

If I am correct, he will be better off asking on the legacy BBS, as that is where SFB development is done.

If Mike did mean when published Omega empires will be published in Federation Commander, there is no real answer for that. I know there are some informal efforts to figure out how to "translate" the rules. I know there are some (e.g. Gary) that really want to see that. However, there are many other items ahead of it in the queue, and these need to be seen through before any official effort can possibly begin.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Omega races Reply with quote

MikeBurke wrote:
So how soon before we see some of the new Omega races like the Bolosco, Qixa, Rynish

They are already published, in Omega 4 and the Omega Master Rulebook (plus the Qixa get a few extra ships in Omega 5, too).

Quote:
Vulpa,

It's still somewhat up in the air as to what ships the Vulpa Confederacy use that aren't similar to pre-existing Maesron designs - though time will tell.

Quote:
Zosman Marauders

No sign for a while, save for a few notes Bruce Graw wrote up for Captain's Log a while back.

Quote:
Xorkelians

As stated already, not an Omega empire.

Quote:
I missed on the map what the "JF" designation stood for

Jindarian Freehold - again, not much more than what was described by Bruce in CL.

Quote:
Tazol, Wallimi,

Both founding members of the Maesron Alliance (along with the Vulpa) and who remain the most prominent species in the post-Collapse Alliance.

Quote:
and Branthodon?

In Omega 4 and the MRB.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok some of these things I was not aware of. I'm just looking through the rulebooks I have and am seeing these things. I have Omega 4 on order. I was not aware of this "legacy BBS" that you speak of, where would I find that? As for Jindarian Freehold then I will use one of the two fleets that came with F1 to represent that. I like to use the Black fleet for the Alphas and the Red for the Omegas.

I have not been able to get the Captains' logs and am missing quite a few. My collection stopped in the early teens and it's in the 30's now? I need some new Captain's Logs.

I really don't know anything about Fed Commander. I haven't tried it yet. I don't know anyone near to me that has. That's not saying that there isn't anybody. I've always been a die hard SFB guy. I've seen the pewter miniatures and think they are neat but I'm presently not able to go shell out that kind of money for that yet. I wouldn't mind having a fleet of those to sit on the shelf to look at though. Even the Starline miniatures and Megahex, I never really got into those through the years.
When I first saw Fed Commander, I thought Oh, no they did away with SFB! I nearly paniced because I wasn't really sure if I was ready to migrate to that yet. The last time I even did anything with any of this was back when Prime Directive was a new product. I hadn't even tried that yet. Now I enjoyed F&E, played it once. I have the game but nobody around here has a clue as to what to do with it and I end up using all the extra counters in SFB. The F&E stuff helps alleviate the lack of counters issue.

So as for the Xorkelians not being an Omega race, does this mean they are from the Tholian/Seltorian original neighborhood? Would they go along with the pirate ship from that neighborhood that was released in the old Starletter? The reason I ask is that I had not heard of any other references to anything that would come from the opposite side of the galactic rim. Omega was not exactly on the opposite side of the Galactic rim as I understood it. I have been out of the loop a little while and I'm trying to catch back up.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeBurke wrote:
I was not aware of this "legacy BBS" that you speak of, where would I find that?

www.starfleetgames.com/discus

Quote:
So as for the Xorkelians not being an Omega race, does this mean they are from the Tholian/Seltorian original neighborhood?

No. They live on the other side of our galaxy, and they're not nice.

Nothing else is known about them.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legacy BBS: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus

Map of Galaxy, showing the Xorks as inhabiting the Kappa through Omicron sectors.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Milky Way galaxy, as-depicted in the SFU.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! Beat you by a whole five minutes Razz Razz Razz Razz
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a good many Captain's Logs on E-bay,
ADB also has them available #18 up: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=10
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have seen the legacy bbs board. That's one that wouldn't let me login to it.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want contact Eric or one of the other admins about that. That board is where the vast majority of the SFB (and F&E) people hang out the most.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeBurke wrote:
Ok, I have seen the legacy bbs board. That's one that wouldn't let me login to it.

Were you trying to use the same log-in as you use on the Fed Comm forum? If so, that's why it wouldn't work.
Even though they're located on the same server, they are two seperate forums and you have to register for them seperately. Although, if you're lucky - you can get the same ID on both of them.

If you have registered on the BBS and it still won't allow you to log in then Will is correct and you need to contact the SysOp.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got into it but it would be a lot more comfortable if it was just like this one. The phpbb is easier to operate and not as confusing. (They can be converted, because I have a friend whose board was converted) (just a thought)

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The phpbb is easier to operate and not as confusing. (They can be converted, because I have a friend whose board was converted) (just a thought)

A thought best kept to yourself Laughing --- SVC made his thoughts on the two boards/systems known --- more likely to lose the phpbb than discus---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: