Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander's Circle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Commander's Circle Reply with quote

http://www.starfleetgames.com/fccc/login.php

There has been some discussion of suggested changes to the Commander's Circle Resources page. Perhaps it would be helpful to put all the ideas in one area.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion: Delete or archive older files that have been revised, such as the various versions of the Robot Rules.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion: Post a new file containing a complete list of published scenario titles and the products in which they are found.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If such an index of scenarios is published, it would be a boon to have it list the "number of players" with each scenario. I spend more time trying to find 3-player scenarios than any other set-up activities (my primary [weekly] group is usually me and two friends who will never play as allies).

Granted, doing this could become a new version of the SFB "Crawford Box", but it sure would be helpful.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Commanders Circle Reply with quote

Now that is interesting. I like to play Klingon, but will play Lyran or Orion as the need arises. As an Orion, my services are inexpensive at 20% of the BPV of my ship, with a bonus of 20% of target BPV if I complete my mission...and I have never failed in my mission. So if your friends do not want to play together, maybe they will hire out?
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is more a problem of one of them being hyper-competitive and solely interested in playing as a Klingon. I'll ally with either of them, no problem, but that just means I'm essentially always playing the other (Klingon) guy as an opponent (he's not into "allying" as it "isn't Klingon"...). In an attempt to get some variety, I've been using as many 3-player scenarios as I can. It's interesting to watch Mr. Klingon not attack my ships.

Regardless, I do a lot of flipping through the various rules booklets glancing at the "number of players" entry. The other group I play with also ends up with odd numbers of players pretty frequently (3, this last week...)
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ - then pick a scenario with no Klingons in it Wink - perhaps the new document should list the races involved, too?

This would be handy as some players will not have all the FC modules, so there's no point considering a scenario that has Hydrans in it if you don't have Distant Kingdoms, for example.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most scenarios list alternate race selections in the Force Dynamics section.

Getting someone to play a different race when they have Klingon-goggles on... that's difficult.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
It is more a problem of one of them being hyper-competitive and solely interested in playing as a Klingon. I'll ally with either of them, no problem, but that just means I'm essentially always playing the other (Klingon) guy as an opponent (he's not into "allying" as it "isn't Klingon"...). In an attempt to get some variety, I've been using as many 3-player scenarios as I can. It's interesting to watch Mr. Klingon not attack my ships.

Regardless, I do a lot of flipping through the various rules booklets glancing at the "number of players" entry. The other group I play with also ends up with odd numbers of players pretty frequently (3, this last week...)

I guess at least you always know where you stand with him. Is he going to attack me? Yes. He's a Klingon.

PS Has he got the knobbly forehead, or is he a TOS Klingon?
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustache-twirling old-school Klingon now. It took a few months for him to stop whining about not having photons though...
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Most scenarios list alternate race selections in the Force Dynamics section.

Getting someone to play a different race when they have Klingon-goggles on... that's difficult.

Oh that's not hard at all.
Flash him some KRs, only show him at a distance until the game begins. Before he knows it, he'll have played 2 turns as a Romulan.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hijacked!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: