Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online FC players
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damiconj
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Online FC players Reply with quote

Hi all,
I bought both Klingon and Romulan Border in Dec. and played a few games with my dad and brother while I was at home over my winter break. I really enjoyed the game and would like to get my FC fix while i'm away at college but I have had trouble finding many players, let alone finding FC players, on the FC/SFB online server.
I was wondering if there were any FC players out there who would be willing to play an online demo game with me before I decide if I want to subscribe to the online service? Thanks and good gaming to all.
jpat
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested, but I need to brush up on some rules. It's been a month or two since my last game (which was only my second), and I'm pretty sure I've lost some of my understanding of the rules.

I too only have a demo account, so it'd be a pretty straightforward duel. PM me if you're interested. You may find a more experienced player out there to show you the ropes, and that'd be OK too. Very Happy

Jim
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, as a general annoncement, if anyone sees me on the client feel free to ask for a FC demo. I'd be happy to show people the ropes. If you would like to schedual a game that is cool too.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to schedule a demo game with anyone who needs one.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I am going to have my wife renew my SFBOL account (and add FC) for my 25th anniversary present (It's nice being married to a gamer who understands the correct priority forthese things). in about 3-weeks, I may have you walk through a game with me... just to help me knock the rust off and learn the differences between SFBOL and FCOL.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I am going to have my wife renew my SFBOL account (and add FC) for my 25th anniversary present (It's nice being married to a gamer who understands the correct priority for these things). So in about 3-weeks, I may have you walk through a game with me... just to help me knock the rust off and learn the differences between SFBOL and FCOL.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, just let me know.
jpat
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give a public thank-you to Kerry for destroying me, er, showing me how to use the FCOL client. He's a very good and patient teacher, though not a softie. Very Happy

Now that I know a bit more about how the mechanics work, I may actually have to learn how to play FC. Laughing
TJolley
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong on getting the client working? Running OSX 10.4.8, and a new Java update was installed today before I tried to run the client for the first time.

Client seems to start up OK, but everything is grayed out, no games, users, rooms, etc..what am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Just trying to get on with the demo account for the moment
guentherm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJolley wrote:
Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong on getting the client working? Running OSX 10.4.8, and a new Java update was installed today before I tried to run the client for the first time.

Client seems to start up OK, but everything is grayed out, no games, users, rooms, etc..what am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Just trying to get on with the demo account for the moment

I have similar issues as the Toddster....

I'm intrigued by the possibilities FCOnline poses...just that I can never seem to get it to work on my MacBook

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup..."
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulse Activity Phase: Impulse 7
Scoutdad deactivates cloak

My friends who work at Dell all agree on a solution to your conundrum. Their unanimous suggestion was, "Buy a Dell PC" - but that would mean job security for them, so ake the advice with the humor that was intended...

Impulse 8:
Play energy token to accelerate
Pays energy cost for H. E. T.
Pays for Evasive Manuevering Smile

Next Turn: Reactivites Cloaking Device to avoid incoming firestorm...
TJolley
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:

My friends who work at Dell all agree on a solution to your conundrum. Their unanimous suggestion was, "Buy a Dell PC" - but that would mean job security for them, so ake the advice with the humor that was intended...

Got it working..when going into try the Demo account, you need to g into the production room, not the Demo room..dunno why...but it works..

As for the Dell, a have a Dell, but I have a real OS on it (Linux), not that worm, virus, spyware, malware POS Windows crap on it....work in IT so forced to use Windoze at work, but I tell ya what, never been happier since I dumped that MS crap...I actually enjoy working on computers again Smile
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could get them to switch from WinDoze to Linus at work, but somehow... they just aren't willign to switch the company-wide (160+ offices) network from MS to Linux just to make me a happier camper Crying or Very sad
TJolley
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
Wish I could get them to switch from WinDoze to Linus at work, but somehow... they just aren't willign to switch the company-wide (160+ offices) network from MS to Linux just to make me a happier camper Crying or Very sad

Yea, i cheat..I run Linux as my primary OS and use Open source apps to do the vast majority of my deliverables (OpenOffice on Linux, NeoOffice J on Mac), but I also run VMWare to run Windoze so I can log into the corporate network on the corporate image and run the crappy Windows apps I have to do some network admin stuff
mahatmamanic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've read through the FC rules, and played a small piece of one game online (there was only enough time for the other guy to show me the basic controls and the flow of play in the client...we got through two or three impulses all together).

Anyhow, I'd love to find some people to play a few full games against and get a feel for the online game. Is it generally easy to find opponents? It seems like most of the time, the players logged in are SFB folk?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: