Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

federation commander campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Howard: It was a game of two halves, innit. Everyone gave 110% effort and played for the full 90 and Tigers will massacre Quins. Even with the charity shirts (sorry, some things are simply inexcusable) so bleah. Wink

Fire Dec is so big some is being resolved before the rest is written down. Will try to give summary when I have some idea what it is. Shocked
Famous last words #11: "That's a very big fleet!"
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The small engagement - 9xFed FFs vs 2xBDDs, 3xLyran FFs etc ended with a crippled FF and minor internals to a couple of Lyran DWs.

The big engagement is still escalating. Looks like 2xBH and a Lyran FF are about to pop, and a Gorn BB is getting a lot of photons and working out return fire.
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both BHs survived. One is two bridge boxes. And that's it.

One D5W badly crippled

One Gorn BB stripped of almost all weapons but able to launch a fair bit of plasma

One Lyran FF popped and the other will, but they can't be talked into doing now.

Leaving this on the table and gettig people here at the weekend.

And goodnight from Kingston! Very Happy
DArc_Tangent
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff from Kingston! Smile

I just can't imagine doing a battle with that many ships. Our command rating system makes battles a bit more managable, but we are still looking into ways to preserve a game from one week to the next. Unfortunately, we only get one night a week and, as we use the hexless system with miniatures, documenting last positions is problematic. I'm thinking just measuring distances from two edges of the table, but we'll see when we have our next major battle.
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Arc Tangent: Thanks. (laughs) There are...circumstances ... behind this battle that are politically current in the campaign - so I can't talk about it Rolling Eyes . But I suspect we won't see an engagement like this again for a while.

I have a few ideas to speed it up next time we have a really big fight: An Admiral who runs the battle and doesn't actually fly any of the ships is the main one. Think the players might enjoy trying that, which helps.

Think doing this with miniatures might prove tricky. But you are playing a different type of campaign to us, and I think the concentration you have on individual ships and the crews' abilities works well with the individuality miniatures give you, which you just can't get with counters.
DArc_Tangent
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle Report: PallidaMors vs DArcTangent. New game: after 30 minutes of exploration economic build-up I discovered a planetary system I had previously explored and was set to conquer already occupied by my opponent with a Starbase build in progress. My fleet of 1 battleship, a dreadnought and 10 frigates attacked the base while being pounded by his base, single capital ship and support vessels. It was terrible. In a matter of minutes the frigates were toast and only the battleship and dreadnought were left. They nearly had the base, but apparently upgrades were being performed even as the battle progressed and both vessels went down. Total battle time less than 15 minutes.
I quickly rebuilt a fleet of 1 battleship, 2 dreadnaughts, a battlecruiser, 15 frigates, 4 support carriers, and a mobile-base and launched them into the fray. The fleet tried to occupy the starbase while the mobile-base stopped just inside the gravity well of the system and began converting into a Starbase. Unfortunately, my opponent had also had time to build up his fleet. My fleet pounded his base again and again the battleship was lost and I tried to pull back and regroup to no avail. The thrice damned starbase of my opponent pursued the fleet and closed to firing range with my starbase - which was not operational. This battle lasted a bit longer...like 20 minutes with the result of his loosing a capital ship and some support ships to my fleet (the remaining fighters actually took out his badly damaged capital ship) and I lost the still-born base and the fleet.
After another 45 minutes of exploration in a different direction from his empire with more intensive research and another economic and fleet build-up we decided to call it for the night and continue sometime today.
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon from Kingston, where the Megabattle has resumed.
Twisted Evil

T3 Imp6: 20 or so Klingon drones launched at the KCN. 460 points of launched plasma at various pursuing Fed DWs and D5s that got a little to close, a little to slow. 150 points has so far hit various DWs in doses of 30. Btween 5 and 7 internals on five Fed DWs.

Fleets are now about range 2 from eachother.
GRLs are Range 9 from the Shipyard.

Fire Dec underway.

BH and BB about to go pop.
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3 Imp6: Gorn BB and BH have exploded. Drone killing.

NH and 2xFHK launch 3xPlasF at a Fed FF 3 hexes away that must go forward.

T3 Imp7: All GRL fleet plusses (that can)

Core of Fleet is KCN, 2xGorn DNH, NHK, 2xFHK, Lyran BCH, CC, CA. Most have all their phasers and an F torp or two. They are travelling at speed 32 toward the Base and Shipyard, slipping right to go round the drones, and the Lyrans are about 8 from the Shipyard..

Various KFs plus, but most of their fleet has fired and the question is if and which way they turn. They slip right behind the GRL fleet and the range has open to a minimum 4 between the fleets.
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3 Imp7 Fire Dec: Base is firing 6 Ph4 at the front of a Gorn DNH (on the spike to keep its RS plasma in arc), lots of drone killing. D hulls firing at the 2 blocks of torps that will hit subpulse one of Impulse eight.

Gorn DNH took 50 internals. Badly crippled and popped D5s from plasma strike.

Romulans launch 3xPlasS, 6xPlasF and 4xPlasD at Shipyard Range 6

6xRtorps hit and blow up the BS

Big Bangs and Primary colours! Yeah!
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3 Imp8: Movement done in one go for the whole subpulse. Nice phaser spike on the SY for the big Rom ships at range 2, Lyrans spike at range 4. KFs are turning to chase next turn.

Fire Dec: GRLs declare EM for next turn (hence plasma launch last fire dec) and fire at the SY with phasers. Shipyard (when Plasma hit) explodes. This is taken as done.

KFs fire remaining frigates and E5s at the back of the damaged Gorn DNH do 94 more internals!
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMing fleet gets off at the cost of a BH (player agreement)

Battle over! It is done!

Congratulations to all players. We didn't know if it could be done, but it has.

The big strategic result is that the Klingon loses his BS and Shipyard, which has economic, strategic and tactical implications.

Dead Klingons

2xE5, D5, BS, Shipyard capable of building frigates and destroyers.

Crippled Klingons

D5W, D5, F5W, E5

Crippled Fed

NCC, CS, 2xFF

Damaged Fed

5xDW, 5xFF

Dead Gorns

BB, DNH, BDD

Dead Lyrans

2xDW, 4xFF

Dead Roms

3xBH, SEA, SNP

Crippled Lyrans

DW, FF

Damaged Gorn

2xBDD

Damaged Roms

SKA
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent record of a massive battle, my compliments to you all on behalf of the warcollege. we will not be posting any battle results for at least a week, we were suposed to get together this last friday but to many of us were sick or out of commission.

PM
pauls
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER Reply with quote

The Bean counters will be a long time reckoning that one up

I had great fun for the two sessions I could make it for and hope everyone had a good time with the last bit.

I may have to open a bottle of wine now to toast the fallen heroes of the Gorn expeditionary accountants. Futures in new BB construction are very fluid at the moment as are those of the FFs DBB's seem a solid investment oppotunity:)

Owen a great big thank you for keeping this battle and our whole campaign on track.

And 241-1 in the cricket pretty good day all round. just need to get the Rugby right!
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From federation intelligence:

A detailed communique from field agent Eridan Hawk, GSI agent operating in Tholian Zone Byzantium, his mission to report on the newly discovered Seltorian Hive.

In conclusion of the 1 year long mission assinged to this field agent the following facts were compiled.

1. the Seltorian hive is compsed of roughly 40 vessels of standard classification ranging from frigates up to Dreadnaughts, the mightiest of these ships is a battleship sized vessel that actually is larger than the largest battleship keel laid in any spacedock. these massive ships are capable of maintaining a seltorian force in action away from any stationary base, they in effect are bases on a mobile warp platform.

2. The Seltorians control and maintain several robot machines that they are in fact the progenitors of for what purpose is yet to be determined. One of these massive units is miles long and capable of reducing a terran body to rubble and reconstituting it as fuel.

3. the Seltorian hive is oblivious to the existance of any of the established empires, this is a resonable conclusion given that the established 6 empires have only recently (within the last 8 years) established borders that adjoin the Seltorian Hive.

4. It is interesting to note that the Seltorian civilization is exceptionally old, and yet maintain a fairly small, yet strategically centered area in the exact center where the Alpha and Beta quadrants join. Through examination of several ruins located outside the expanse of the Seltorian borders it has been determined that the Seltorians used to occupy or have had colonies of some type far out from thier current borders.

5. The disturbing truth of the Seltorian Colonies is housed in classified Solarian Church Records at the Holy see in current Hydran Vanguard territory.

6. Our field agent managed to review the church records (at great risk to his life) and found that the Seltorians "surge" every 1,000 years away and out from thier hive. This surge lasts 10 years from what has been reviewed in the band of abandoned seltorian colonies that radiate out from the Hive borders, at the end of the 10 year surge the Seltorians inexorably draw back to thier hive space.

7. the far borders of the hive contain traces of an unidientified gravity/sonic wave that is strong at the center and then noticibally degrades to zero presence at the end of the hives borders. this is caused by an unknown source that is centered at the middle of hive space. and the Seltorian Biomass as a whole is tied to this wave, removal from this wave renders seltorians inert and they eventually mortify if the absence from this wave is prolonged.

8. according to surviving church records which reference a dead civilization known as the Innner Stellar Concordium, the last surge obliterated the known galactic powers of a millenia ago. thougha splinter group of this concordium is rumored to have survived.

9. the Last surge was 998 years ago

10. the next surge is 2 years away.......................................

Formal Conclusion of the federation Strategies and Tactics Bureau, parent department of the GSI. The current state of the 6 formal empires and most importantly the 4 powers that border the Hive is that even if joined in a unified front all of the combined powers would be hard pressed to survive, our current strategy of a war on two fronts may not be adviasble. The Solarian churches respectable influence must be garnerd to educate the empires of this threat and the Patriarchial Fleet must be diverted from the war looming in the Lyran Clans.Diplomatic recomendations are as a result being forwarded to the diplomatic corp, as well as a colony solution or ARK in case of potential Federation extermination.

Intellignece Marshal Gia Knista
Head
Strategies and Tactics dept.
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Trade Agreement Reply with quote

TRADE AGREEMENT
LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC AND THE KINGDOM OF HYDRAXIA

THIS COMMERCE AGREEMENT IS BINDING AND IS ENTERED INTO TO ESTABLISH A TRADE ROUTE BETWEEN THE LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC AND THE KINGDOM OF HYDRAXIA FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF BUILDING OUR TWO GREAT REPUBLICS AND IMPROVING THE OVERALL WELL BEING OF OUR TWO PEOPLES. THE BENEFITS ALLOWED BY THIS AGREEMENT ASSISTS BOTH REPUBLICS TO ACHIEVE THEIR RESPECTIVE GOALS OF KNOWLEDGE, COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES, AND ECONOMICAL DEVELOPMENT.
ARTICLE I
BOTH NATIONS WILL BUILD COMMERCIAL STATIONS FOR THE MASS EXCHANGE OF GOODS AND SERVICES. THIS TRADE IN SERVICES PROTOCOL WILL INCLUDE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ONE GOVERNMENT TO THE OTHER GOVERNMENT IN TIME OF SEVERE DISTRESS. ALL NORMAL TRADE IN SERVICES SHALL BE CLASSIFIED AS OPEN AND NOT SUBJECT TO TARIFFS OR PUNITIVE FEES. PREFERENTIAL TARIFF RATES OF DUTY HAVE BEEN SET AT ZERO. THE PREFERENTIAL RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY COMPARISON OF THE LDR GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT WITH THE GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT OF THE KINGDOM OF HYDRAXIA AND ADMINISTERED THROUGH THE RESPECTIVE DOMESTIC LEGISLATIVE BODY.

ANY KINGDOM OF HYDRAXIA BUSINESSES CONSIDERING EXPORTING TO THE LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC SHOULD FIND OUT IF THE GOODS OR PRODUCE FOR EXPORT QUALIFY AS ORIGINATING FROM THE KINGDOM OF HYDRAXIA AND THEN ACQUIRE THE NECESSARY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE PREFERENTIAL RATE.
THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT IMPEDE EXCISE TAX WHICH PROVIDES FOR THE IMPOSITION OF AN EXCISE TAX ON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, TOBACCO, OR FUEL AS SUCH TAXES ARE APPLIED EQUALLY TO SUCH GOODS WHETHER THEY ARE LOCALLY MANUFACTURED OR IMPORTED.
EACH COUNTRY MAY IMPOSE QUARANTINE REQUIREMENTS ON IMPORTS, BUT SUCH REQUIREMENTS MUST NOT BE USED AS A MEANS OF ARBITRARY OR UNJUSTIFIED DISCRIMINATION OR A DISGUISED RESTRICTION ON TRADE.
IN DUE PROTOCOL, THE TWO REPUBLICS, AMONG OTHER THINGS, AGREE:
• TO USE RELEVANT INTERNATIONAL CODES AND STANDARDS WHERE APPROPRIATE;
• TO WORK TOWARDS ARRANGEMENTS TO ADVANCE, AMONG OTHER THINGS:
(A) COMMON QUARANTINE STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES; AND
(B) THE ADOPTION OF COMMON INSPECTION STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES;
• WHERE APPROPRIATE, TO APPLY ANY QUARANTINE OR RELATED IMPORT RESTRICTIONS ON THE BASIS OF INDIVIDUAL REGIONS;
• TO DEVELOP A CONSISTENT APPROACH TO PEST RISK ASSESSMENT AND QUARANTINE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPORTS FROM THIRD PARTIES; AND,
• TO ESTABLISH A CONSULTATIVE GROUP TO HELP RESOLVE OUTSTANDING TECHNICAL DIFFERENCES AND PROVIDE OVERALL IMPETUS AND DIRECTION FOR HARMONIZATION.
FAILURE TO DECLARE GOODS WHICH HAVE RESTRICTED ENTRY INTO THE LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC COULD RESULT IN THE OWNER OF THE GOODS BEING FINED UP TO 100,000 BARS OF LATINUM OR A COMPANY BEING FINED UP TO 200,000 BARS OF LATINUM. GOODS THAT ARE TAKEN INTO THE LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC WITHOUT THE REQUIRED CERTIFICATES OR WITH INCOMPLETE CERTIFICATES WILL BE DESTROYED WHEN THEY REACH THE LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OR SENT BACK TO THE COUNTRY FROM WHENCE THEY CAME.
ARTICLE II:
BOTH REPUBLICS WILL SHARE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF BUSINESS AND BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE GAINED OR DEVELOPED BY EACH REPUBLIC. WHILE THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT INCLUDE A SPECIFIC CHAPTER ON INVESTMENT, NOR ARE THERE SPECIFIC PROVISIONS ON INVESTMENT IN THE SERVICES PROTOCOL, BOTH REPUBLICS HAVE FACILITATED COOPERATION BETWEEN EACH ON THE ISSUE OF INVESTMENT AS BOTH REPUBLICS OPERATE PRE-ESTABLISHMENT SCREENING PROCESSES FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN A LIBERAL MANNER, WHICH WILL CONTRIBUTE TO CONSISTENTLY HIGH LEVELS OF DIRECT INVESTMENT. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, CITIZENS OF BOTH COUNTRIES, WHO DO NOT HAVE FELONY CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS, MAY VISIT AND TRAVEL IN THE OTHER COUNTRY FOR A PERIOD NOT TO EXCEED ONE YEAR.
THIS AGREEMENT ALSO PROVIDES FOR FREE TRADE IN SERVICES, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A NUMBER OF SERVICES WHICH ARE SUBJECT TO GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND WHICH ARE INSCRIBED IN THE ANNEX. IN MANY CASES, INSCRIPTIONS ONLY EXCLUDE CERTAIN ASPECTS OF A SERVICE INDUSTRY FROM THE OPERATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. THE BASIC PROVISIONS ARE NATIONAL TREATMENT, MARKET ACCESS, RIGHTS OF COMMERCIAL PRESENCE, AND MOST FAVORED TRADE TREATMENT. THIS AGREEMENT OPERATES SUBJECT TO BOTH REPUBLICS’ FOREIGN INVESTMENT POLICIES.
BOTH REPUBLICS CURRENTLY HAVE CABOTAGE POLICIES IN PLACE, WHICH INCLUDES SUBSPACE BROADCASTING (SHORT-WAVE AND SATELLITE BROADCASTING), COMPULSORY THIRD PARTY INSURANCE, AND POSTAL SERVICES. BOTH REPUBLICS ALSO HAVE RECIPROCAL HEALTH CARE AGREEMENTS IN PLACE WHICH DEALS WITH ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE BY CITIZENS TRAVELLING IN THE OTHER REPUBLIC. IN ADDITION, INTERNATIONAL LINERS OF BOTH REPUBLICS ARE ABLE TO OPERATE DEDICATED FREIGHT SERVICES USING WHAT ARE KNOWN AS ‘SEVENTH FREEDOM’ RIGHTS. FOR EXAMPLE, A HYDRAXIAN DEDICATED FREIGHT CARRIER CAN OPERATE SERVICES DIRECTLY FROM THE LDR TO THIRD REPUBLICS WITHOUT OPERATING OUT OF HYDRAXIA. DUE TO THIS ARRANGEMENT, BOTH REPUBLICS HAVE ENTERED INTO AN ARRANGEMENT FOR CUSTOMS COOPERATION, BY WAY OF THIS TREATY, TO HARMONIZE CUSTOMS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, ASSIST IN THE PREVENTION, INVESTIGATION AND REPRESSION OF OFFENCES, AND RESOLVE PROBLEMS OF CUSTOMS ADMINISTRATION AND ENFORCEMENT, PARTICULARLY IN THE IMMEDIATE REGION.
, SIGNATORY OF LYRAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
CHAIRMAN MEOW
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 48 of 58

Jump to: