Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omega Sector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrFaustus
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Omega Sector Reply with quote

Finally had the money spare to nab my self Omega 1 and 2, and all I can say is Damn! it looks so cool the background is intresting and alot more fluid than Alpha sector stuff.

The races are varied and intresting. (Even if looking at the 6! different phaser types made me have a duh what!? moment at first.)
The Alura are likely to be my first port of call, but most of the rest are intresting, even through I am wondering how to make the phon work since their howitzers arn't great at doing internals.

Now I just got to get a nice duel orginazed with someone.
DrFaustus
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So since we have a few SFB'ers here, a quick question what would be the offical or a good defult date for general sceniros (eg duel) in SFB its noramlly Y168 IRC.

From a quick read of the fluff I am guessing around Y100 or so.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if this helps... A certian brash young Federation Captian is tearing up the galaxy roughly Year 155 to Year 159 Recognize the Episodes?

http://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/Timeline.pdf

But generally Speaking it seems the Mean Average Time of most scenerios is between Y150 and Y168.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
DrFaustus
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that but its the wrong bit of the galaxy thats for the Alpha sector stuff and it was Omega that I needed some ideas for.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of hard to nail such a thing down for Omega just yet.

Many of the ship classes and unit types are either eliminated from contention (Ymatrians, early Sigvirions etc) before others show up (FRA, Worb, Souldra and so forth) or still have many in-service units not actually published yet (war cruisers and X-ships, to match the PFs and SCSs in Omega 5) so it's not easy to nail down one particular time.

I guess you could range from Y100 to Y180, though - that gives you a fairly broad range of empires to play with, cover some of the most notable events (such as the Maesron Collapse and the Superpower Wars) and keeps you from going so far into the timeline as to notice the move into later-gen technologies.

It would even let you send in Souldra SRs and Andromedan probing units, too.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Recently looked through my Omega stuff, and I can't find the Iridani Modules in my SSD book (apart from the ones on the ship SSD sheets). Can anyone point me in the right direction to find them?
Sentinal
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky Scot,

They are on page 2 of moduleOmega 3's SSD book. Along with the various Skiff fighters.

Take it from a guy who know Wink
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sentinal - when I get back home later this week, I'll have to see if I can find the darn thing! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: