Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battleships Attack Contents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajerBlundor
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Battleships Attack Contents Reply with quote

Hello!

One of my sons is interested in using larger ships and might like Battleships Attack (the other is like me and prefers smaller ships...we played a very interesting frigate duel on Saturday).

1. What document is in BA? One description says a 16 page rule book but the images indicate a 4-page scenario book which seems to make more sense (why would there by additional rules just for battleships?)

2. What ship cards are in Line of Battle? It's not clear from the description.

Thanks!

Tim
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: The sixteen pages includes rules for Asteroids... A ships section with descriptions of the units included (Battleships, Light Dreadnaughts, and Heavy Dreadnaughts for all races), and more than 4 pages of scenarios.

2: Line of Battle has a 4 page scenario book... 3 scenarios, 1 page of tactics by Patrick Doyle, and the degraded crew rule (5X)
It also has full sized (8 1/2 x 11 inch), laminated ship cards for all of the battleships printed to date, including the Lyran Cave Lion and the Hydran Monarch from FC: Distant Kingdoms.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work order sent to Eric to improve both product descriptions on the cart.
MajerBlundor
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:

2: Line of Battle has ... laminated ship cards for all of the battleships printed to date, including the Lyran Cave Lion and the Hydran Monarch from FC: Distant Kingdoms.

So, if our goal is to acquire one of each battleship type/card as efficiently as possible it sounds like LOB is a good choice (+ BA for the counters).

Or, if not interested in the BA extras such as the scenarios, could one simply purchase LOB and the BA counter sheet for the most efficient approach?
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOB is really intended as a "booster" for FC:BA, but you could do that if it suits you. You'd be missing the flavor text telling you about the ships and some of the best battleship scenarios though.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take exception to that statement! Other than Infected! - I think the scenarios in LoB are the better ones. Rolling Eyes

Will is correct though, w/o BA you don't have the asteroid map panel (different than the one in FC:TA), you don't have the DNL's / DNH's, and you don't have the second set of BB ship cards allowing you fight sibling rivalry and a few other scenarios that require duplicate battleships.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True about the dreadnought variants not being in LOB too. Forgot that and it's a biggie. I loves me my DNL's.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

We'll probably buy LOB and the boosters for the DN variants. My kids really enjoy configuring their own fleets (200 points, etc.) vs scenarios and the asteroid boards don't do much for me (the abstract gray hexes are kind of...well...gray).
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TA has web panels, not asteroid panels. i think the other asteroid panels are in RA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: