Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starbase Cards and request for play aid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Starbase Cards and request for play aid Reply with quote

I have recently obtained a copy of 'Line of Battle'. On the back, it says that there is a Starbase card in there.

However, there is not - there's only the nine Battleship cards - and I think that actually this is correct because the contents list in the scenario booklet in there says that it should contain D1-D7, and D9-D10. D8 is the Starbase so I assume that there was a misprint on the outer cover. You wouldn't get away with that here in the UK - if it says it contains that card then it should - Smile but still I was sad to see that the extra Starbase card was not in there.

The reason for this is that I wanted to use that extra card for the weapon tracks on the Fleet Scale side, when I'm using the Sqn scale Starbase. Having the weapon tracks on the obverse side has two adverse effects on play: the marks on the tracks are easily erased; and the players can't see the marks as easily without constantly turning the card over and over.

So then, here's my request for the play aid.

Could we please have, either in a Communique or in the Commanders' Circle resources section, a card that contains the Starbase weapon tracks from the Fleet scale side, all in one place? It would be most useful; all we'd need to do is to print it out and laminate it.

Thanks for your attention guys Smile
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While on the subject, does anyone know how we're supposed to interpret the 'W1' boxes in terms of plasma torps?

The reason I ask is that whereas the '"WPN #1" TYPES' table on the Sqn scale side of the ship card says that the W1 boxes are one plas-R and one plas-F for Gorn and Rom Starbases. This means that presumably the numbered W1 boxes 1, 3, 5 etc. are R-torps and 2, 4, 6 etc. are F-torps since they are mounted in pairs of F and R torps.

However, the plasma arming tracks on the reverse, Fleet scale, side, has plas 1,2,3 as R-torps and 4,5,6 as F-torps and so on. The boxes are therefore confusing because they are not numbered correctly - or so it seems, at any rate.

Has ayone else noticed this?

How then are we supposed to interpret these weapons?; it is important because of firing arcs etc.

And how many fighter boxes should there be for the Hydran starbase? Once again, there's conflicting information on the ship card; there are ten boxes on the Sqn scale side and five on the Flt scale side, but the card says 'Six Fighters.' for "'WPN #3' TYPES"

Confused..... Confused

Finally, for the 'weapons used' tracks, there is a row of 8 [Sqn] or 4 [Flt] boxes for a weapon known only as 'S'. What's that for, then? Secret weapon, perhaps? Wink
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone from on high had a look at this thread yet? Smile
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
The reason I ask is that whereas the '"WPN #1" TYPES' table on the Sqn scale side of the ship card says that the W1 boxes are one plas-R and one plas-F for Gorn and Rom Starbases. This means that presumably the numbered W1 boxes 1, 3, 5 etc. are R-torps and 2, 4, 6 etc. are F-torps since they are mounted in pairs of F and R torps.

However, the plasma arming tracks on the reverse, Fleet scale, side, has plas 1,2,3 as R-torps and 4,5,6 as F-torps and so on. The boxes are therefore confusing because they are not numbered correctly - or so it seems, at any rate.

Has ayone else noticed this?

How then are we supposed to interpret these weapons?; it is important because of firing arcs etc.

Will have to dig up my Starbase Card but the Weapons are paired 1-R and 1-F located in every other Bay Section. Not sure if there is a misprint on the Card or not like I said I will check my ard when I get chance.

Kang wrote:
And how many fighter boxes should there be for the Hydran starbase? Once again, there's conflicting information on the ship card; there are ten boxes on the Sqn scale side and five on the Flt scale side, but the card says 'Six Fighters.' for "'WPN #3' TYPES"

Confused..... Confused

If I remember this one right are 10 addition Stinger Boxes On the Hydrian Starebase in Squadron Scale plus you replace 2 of the Admin Shuttles for a total of 12 Stingers. I think those shuttle Boxes are Shaded if I remember correctly. So for Fleet Scale you get the 5 addition Shuttle Bays plus you replace a Admin with a Stinger

Kang wrote:
Finally, for the 'weapons used' tracks, there is a row of 8 [Sqn] or 4 [Flt] boxes for a weapon known only as 'S'. What's that for, then? Secret weapon, perhaps? Wink

I asked this question before and what the "S"'s were meant to be used for was Special Sensor. SVC was thinking of make Special Sensors part of all bases but then changed hs mind and made all Scout Functions part of Borderss of Madness materials. You just treat them as voids for Damage Purposes if your not using Scout Rules.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I'm busy with Revision-5.

We will be printing a sheet of 16 cards in June that has the FCHA booster cards, the booster 91 cards, and a few others. If there is a valid play aide that could be made and sold we could in theory do it then.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't think you need to do an actual laminated starbase play-aid card.

Now, what could be cool is doing one as the "large scale" ship card in a Communique. It could include all of the tracks and such needed for a squadron scale Starbase.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know what could be fun is to do a play-aide sheet for each empire's unique starbase, and bundle them all into one issue of communique. So instead of getting a revised ship, a new ship, a borders of madness ship, and a large ship, you'd just get eight play aide sheets?
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea; I'll second that!
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be all over that idea!!!!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody Email me the idea. (I use my in-box as part of my "to do" list.)
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks guys; can't wait Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: