Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to start an Organize Play- Have Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Looking to start an Organize Play- Have Questions Reply with quote

I am talking to a local retailer in my area who is putting a gaming table in. They stock Federation Commander products and minis, and I asked if they would be interested in my running an in-store event for it. Organize play events seem like a great idea!

My main question is what is a campaign scenario like? How many ships are typical. I see its Klingons vs. Feds, but how many players can participate in the scenario? Are they mainly battles, or are some scenarios objective based? Do they require more expansions than Klingon Border?

I love to see one from the past. I would like to know this for my meeting with the manager.

Thanks.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current OPL campaign system is based on the Orion Attack set. The fisrt six months of 2009 each have a differnet scenario that is the focal point of the OPL for that month.
May 2009's scenario is Conflict of Interest, which is located in the Federation Commander: Orion Attack set. It's scenario #8PA5...

As for number of players / ships... This scenario is set as a 4-player scenario. One convoy player and 3 different Orion Cartels; but the Force Dynamics section of hte scenario gives you methods to play with fewer players... and if you have more, split the ships up so that each player runs a differnet Orion ship. There are a total of 6 ships and 4 freighters in the base set-up and adjustments to add many more...

Just run the scenario and report the results to ADB via the online reporting form. Steve and co. will compile the various results at the end of the 6-month cycle and let us know who won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: