Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revision 5 rulebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The luxury of a combined book would be nice, but I'd rather spend my money on boosters/products.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piney

Wait until you have 1/2 dozen rule books to flip through and you might change your mind ---
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is where we stand....

REFERENCE RULEBOOK: It's finished, but Jean is still reading. I spent two hours on the phone last night and we got to webs (5M) before the batteries on her portable phone died. We'll finish that tonight, and start printing this Thursday morning, and ship to wholesalers on 4 May. It should be on the cart sometime today or tomorrow for mail orders to ship on 11 May.

KLINGON BORDER, ROMULAN BORDER: I have done the "hollowed out" rulebooks (delete all of the stuff that is in the RRB and leave the scenarios, ship descriptions, publisher info, and such) for these, and sent them to Jean. If she finishes proofing them tonight, we'll be printing them Thursday. If not, we'll be printing them Friday. We'll be shipping FCKB5 and FCRB5 by Friday or Monday.

KLINGON SPACE, ROMULAN SPACE: These will get done pretty quickly (a few minutes each) once the above is done.

EVERYTHING ELSE: Basically, we take one of the rulebooks (Klingon Attack, Romulan Attack, Tholian Attack, Orion Attack, Battleships Attack, Distant Kingdoms, Line of Battle, Booster Zero) and "hollow it out" and have Jean read what's left and then insert the pages from FCRRB (and make a few minor edits here and there) and print them. Some of these will take an hour, some will take four or five hours, but all should be done by early next week.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
Piney

Wait until you have 1/2 dozen rule books to flip through and you might change your mind ---

I do. But usually I only end up referring to one or two of them during battle (three at most)
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Reference Rulebook (aka Rulebook v5) is now available to order! It is stock number 4020.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REVISION FIVE PROJECT AS OF 5PM FRIDAY 1 MAY

REFERENCE RULEBOOK: Finished, copies being printed.

KLINGON BORDER: Finished, PDF just given to Leanna.

ROMULAN BORDER: I have inserted the FCRRB pages. Jean is proofing the non-RRB pages. I just printed out those pages for Petrick to read. I will get Jean on the phone (tonight?) and get her fixes to this.

KLINGON ATTACK: I am on page 10 updating the format and trying to stop Jean's attack on capital letters by putting them out of their mercy before she sees it. Plan is to give this to Petrick and Jean before leaving the office today.

NOT STARTED WORK ON
BATTLESHIPS ATTACK
ROMULAN SPACE
LINE OF BATTLE
ROMULAN ATTACK
ORION ATTACK
THOLIAN ATTACK
DISTANT KINGDOMS
KLINGON SPACE

If anybody notices a rulebook that is NOT on the list, do let me know.

This is taking longer than expected due to bringing the pages up to "Jean Standard" which includes a lot of work, such as decapping every mention of a Destroyer. It took me 10 minutes to import the Revision-5 rules into the Klingon Attack Rulebook. I have spent four hours doing 9.5 of the 16 pages of "fix it before Jean sees it and blows a fit" work.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briefings one and two, line of battle.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

line of battle is there pinecone and I dont think that B 1 and B 2 are rulebooks.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Crew Quality only in Briefing#1? If-so, then it needs to go on the list.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
If anybody notices a rulebook that is NOT on the list, do let me know.

Please don't forget First Missions, the free PDF. Obviously, it should probably be last, but it should be included.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wedge_hammersteel wrote:
line of battle is there pinecone and I dont think that B 1 and B 2 are rulebooks.

Missed line of battle. But Breifing one does have the "degraded crew" and "retire" rules.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the degraded crew and retire rules even changed. Mike, would you look into that?

REVISION FIVE PROJECT AS OF 4:30pm SATURDAY

==========FINISHED BOOKS=========================

KLINGON BORDER: Leanna started printing them at 2pm.

ROMULAN BORDER: Finished, PDF given to Leanna Saturday 2pm.

KLINGON ATTACK: Finished, PDF given to Leanna Saturday at 1pm.

========== BOOKS IN PROGRESS =========================

LINE OF BATTLE: I got Jean's fixes but have to do Petrick's.

BATTLESHIPS ATTACK: I did my part and sent it to Jean and SPP at 3:35pm.

ROMULAN SPACE: I did the only page that matters and sent it to Jean at 4:20pm. The rest is just cut and paste from Romulan Border Fifth Edition.

KLINGON SPACE: I did the only page that matters and sent it to Jean at 4:20pm. The rest is just cut and paste from Klingon Border Fifth Edition.

========== BOOKS NOT STARTED YET =========================

ROMULAN ATTACK: This is the worst of what's left. I read it Saturday nigth and it's going to be a chore.

ORION ATTACK: Easy one, Jean edited the non-RRB parts already, the rest is just cut and paste.

THOLIAN ATTACK: Could be some work.

DISTANT KINGDOMS : Could be a little work, but it's nearly post-Jean standard plus cut and paste.

FIRST MISSIONS: Easy. I just take Klingon Border and edit it down or cross-copy the pages.

BOOSTER ZERO: Should be easy, just cut and paste the RRB rules. However, it's a little tricky in that I have to convert it from word to pagemaker.

If anybody notices a rulebook that is NOT on the list, do let me know. We do not need to do revision 5 versions of Briefing #1 or Briefing #2, which don't have rules and were already done to "Jean standards".
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:

All right! Can't wait for my copy to be in my mailbox!

Probably won't help me play any better, but I'll have something to study between games.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REVISION FIVE PROJECT AS OF Wednesday morning.

REFERENCE RULEBOOK: Finished, copies being printed. Sent Leanna new pages 90, 76, and 39 at noon Saturday which have minor typos (comma after e.g., that sort of thing, only Jean could notice these).

KLINGON BORDER: Finished, PDF given to Leanna Friday night. Saturday noon, sent Leanna replacements (minor typos) for pages 2, 36, 62, and74, but as none of these had been printed, all will have these corrections. Leanna started printing them at 2pm on Saturday.

ROMULAN BORDER: Finished, PDF given to Leanna Saturday 2pm. She started printing.

KLINGON ATTACK: Finished, PDF given to Leanna Saturday at 1pm. She started printing.

LINE OF BATTLE: I did my part and sent it to Jean and SPP at 2:45pm. I called Jean at 4pm and got her fixes, the final PDF was on Leanna's hard disk at 4:09pm. But I forgot to do Petrick's fixes. I did them on Sunday and Leanna was printing new books for this at 3pm Sunday.

BATTLESHIPS ATTACK: I did my part and sent it to Jean and SPP at 3:35pm Saturday. Petrick left his report on my desk, and Jean phoned her report Sunday 3-4pm and it was on Leanna's hard disk and copies being printed by 4:15pm Sunday.

ROMULAN ATTACK: This is the worst of what's left. I read it Saturday night and remembered we had left out the asteroid rules when we did it. That had to be fixed. I sent the revised book to Jean and Petrick Sunday at 5:30pm. Got Jean's report Monday at 9am. Got Petrick's report Monday at 3pm. Did fixes and gave to Leanna at 5pm Monday.

ROMULAN SPACE: I did the only page that matters and sent it to Jean at 4:20pm Saturday. The rest is just cut and paste from Romulan Border Fifth Edition. Jean phoned in her report at 3pm Sunday. finished this on Tuesday and gave it to Leanna at 3pm.

KLINGON SPACE: I did the only page that matters and sent it to Jean at 4:20pm. The rest is just cut and paste from Klingon Border Fifth Edition. Jean phoned in her report at 3pm Sunday.

THOLIAN ATTACK: Did my round of updates by Monday 4pm and gave it to Petrick to read. Petrick gave it back Monday night. I sent it to Jean Tuesday night after making Petrick's fixes. Wednesday morning, Jean said she had "lots of purple marks".

ORION ATTACK: Easy one, Jean edited the non-RRB parts already, the rest is just cut and paste.

DISTANT KINGDOMS: Could be a little work, but it's nearly post-Jean standard plus cut and paste.

FIRST MISSIONS: Easy. I just take Klingon Border and edit it down or cross-copy the pages.

BOOSTER ZERO: Easy. Just cut and paste. Well, it should be, but I have to convert it to Pagemaker.

If anybody notices a rulebook that is NOT on the list, do let me know. We do not need to do revision 5 versions of Briefing #1 or Briefing #2, which don't have rules and were already done to "Jean standards".
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REVISION FIVE PROJECT AS OF 9am Thursday 7 May.

REFERENCE RULEBOOK: Finished, copies being printed, shipments made.

KLINGON BORDER: Finished, Leanna started printing them at 2pm on Saturday.

KLINGON ATTACK: Finished, Saturday at 1pm.

ROMULAN BORDER: Finished, Saturday 2pm.

LINE OF BATTLE: Finished 3pm Sunday.

BATTLESHIPS ATTACK: finished 4:15pm Sunday.

ROMULAN ATTACK: Finished 5pm Monday.

ROMULAN SPACE: finished this on Tuesday at 3pm.

KLINGON SPACE: I did the only page that matters and sent it to Jean at 4:20pm. The rest is just cut and paste from Klingon Border Fifth Edition. Jean phoned in her report at 3pm Sunday. I could finish this in 30 minutes but there are no orders on file for it.

THOLIAN ATTACK: Did my round of updates by Monday 4pm and gave it to Petrick to read. He gave it back just as I was going home. I revised it on Tuesday and sent it to Jean that night. Got Jean's corrections Wednesday night by 7pm. I just need to export the PDFs and give them to Leanna. We should be printing these by noon.

BOOSTER ZERO: Easy. Just cut and paste. Well, it should be, but I have to convert it to Pagemaker. I did this on Wednesday afternoon and gave it to Petrick. Petrick gave it back to me at 6pm. I need to make his fixes and send them to Jean.

ORION ATTACK: Easy one, Jean edited the non-RRB parts already, the rest is just cut and paste. I did the fixes on Wednesday afternoon and have Petrick and Mike West cross-check them. Waiting on reports.

DISTANT KINGDOMS: Could be a little work, but it's nearly post-Jean standard plus cut and paste.

FIRST MISSIONS: Easy. I just take Klingon Border and edit it down or cross-copy the pages. But since we give this away, it gets done last.

REFERENCE STARSHIP BOOK: I can cut and paste this puppy in an hour, unless I decide to get fancy and add more ship names and stuff.

REFERENCE SCENARIO BOOK: I can cut and paste this puppy in an hour, unless I decide to get fancy and add a bunch of variants and stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: