Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revision 5 rulebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
REFERENCE STARSHIP BOOK: I can cut and paste this puppy in an hour, unless I decide to get fancy and add more ship names and stuff.

REFERENCE SCENARIO BOOK: I can cut and paste this puppy in an hour, unless I decide to get fancy and add a bunch of variants and stuff.

Where can we find these ? Other than a reference list in Briefing#1 I do not recall seeing a reference scenario list for FedCom.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a gigantic screw up in the reference rulebook. Well, I think it's a screw up. It's really just embarrassingly stupid on my part, and the fact that nobody on the staff (Mike, Jean, Tony, Scott, and the other Mike) caught it just means they're no more perfect than I am. Oh shucks.

Rule 6D is the WYN radiation zone in FCDK. This did not get into FCRRB. We all just collectively forgot to copy it there. The earlier drafts of the RRB have been around in the hands of staffers and others for AN ENTIRE YEAR without anybody noticing we did not include 6D-WYN.

It's gets worse. When we did the pulsar and nebula rules in Comm-40, I noticed that Mike had left 6D blank. I asked Mike why 6D was left blank and he said it was reserved for the black hole rule and shucks I had the black hole rule that Tony did so I made it 6D. So now there are two 6D rules, and all of the RRBs have only one of them (which should be 6G, I guess).

There was no CRUL for 6D-WYN so the one in FCDK is just fine.

We've already printed and shipped about a thousand RRBs so I am not going to do a new/fixed/replacement RRB. I'm just going to leave it alone (along with the egg on my face). When we print black holes in FCHA we will change that number from 6D to 6G.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of the rulebooks and other products that you have to update and proof, its understandable.

Im cool with it.
Steve Robinson
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC,

Don't know if this was brought up (didn't find it in the CRUL), but 5L6 in Orion Attack doesn't list the weapons for a Lyran Monitor
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ever reported the Lyran monitor thing, and now it's too late.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have a new/updated CRUL that is applicable only to the rev-5 rules? Perhaps this could be used as a way to update/fix the known issues in the rev-5 RRB (as well as a place to list additional rules clarifications in the future)? I'm not suggesting this be created immediately (I know ADB is quite busy), just something to keep in mind for the near future? Thanks,

Garrett
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just looking forward to getting my copy in the mail...even if there are a few minor goofs. When I played SFB years ago the Wyn were ignored so that won't affect my play.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I have done all of the new FIFTH EDITION rulebooks except FIRST MISSIONS. Considering how many crisis tickets are on my desk (origins products, e23, die cutting, contracts, 393 unanswered emails) that may wait until I get back from Origins.
Sir Drake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love this new rule book! Thanks for not just doing this but, for doing it so well. The format is great, I love the fact the it brings up the exsceptions in every time it is relavant, not just once with the main rule. It was well worth it. Thanks again Steve!

Daniel Drake
From the Movie ZULU
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine on Wed. in the mail. The layout is well done and it is nice having the updates right at the point a question may be asked is perfect.

Too bad my mailman tried to jam an 8" wide book into my 6" wide mailbox and sorta messed up the book.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to order a bunch of stuff plus the rulebook from Ms. Leanna so she will send you everything in a nice sturdy box.
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book was packed in a standard USPS mailer. I've had many items shipped this way w/ no problem. Our postal delivery person (which changes every few weeks) is a moron. Our box is small and he didn't need to try to jam it in; just set it on the porch.

I even saw one guy walk up with a small box of miniatures I'd bought...and he just dropped it from waist height. Good thing they were metal and not glass.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was messin with you. Some mail carriers just dont care.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came yesterday. It was folded in half and stuffed in my small post office box instead of being placed into one of the package lockers, but fortunately it wasn't harmed. Couldn't wait to get it home and into my rules binder. Only issue I have with it so far is the Orion engine doubling rule (don't have it in front of me so I don't know the rule no.) First paragraph says engine doubling is all-or-nothing, then the third paragraph has a big list of ships that can double the output of engines one at a time. Not a huge deal but it could be clearer.

I'm glad to have it in hand finally, and the cover painting of the Yorktown is awesome!
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine (along with some more minis and Briefing #2) should be on my doorstep around Monday. I'm looking forward to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: