Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Star Fleet Battle Force" vs "Star Fleet Miss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finarvyn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: "Star Fleet Battle Force" vs "Star Fleet Miss Reply with quote

I've been searching e-bay and other places in the hopes of finding some sort of simple Star Trek game I can play with my kids.

I'm curious if anyone can tell me more about these card games.
* How do they compare to one another?
* Are they both fun?
* If I was to pick one, which would it be?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both, Star Fleet Battle Force and Star Fleet Missions.

Of the two, SFBF is far and away the best game. The mechanics are simple enough for children to learn - but it's challenging enough to entertain adults.

ALmost every member of our gaming group has a copy so that regardless of which domicile we're playing Fed Comm at - once the FC games are wrapped up, anyone who wants to stay later can break out the SFBF set and continue playing.
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. SFBF is the way to go. SF Missions was a nobel first attempt at an SFU card game, but SFBF is by far a more enjoyable game. My wife, normally completely uninterested in SFB, will sit down and play SFBF with me.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeremy, Welcome aboard. How's Germany???

My wife is the same way. She enjoys the fact that I like Federation Commander and SFB - but she isn't the least bit interested in either of them; although she will play SFBF with the kids and I.
Finarvyn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. "Battle Force" it is, then! Smile
droberts441
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: "Star Fleet Battle Force" vs "Star Fleet Reply with quote

Finarvyn wrote:
I've been searching e-bay and other places in the hopes of finding some sort of simple Star Trek game I can play with my kids.
How old are your kids? My son when he was eight (Cool loved Star Fleet Missions. He plays FC with me now, and I haven't yet played my SFBF with him, but when I first introduced him to SFM, he always wanted to play it.
Finarvyn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: "Star Fleet Battle Force" vs "Star Fleet Reply with quote

droberts441 wrote:
Finarvyn wrote:
How old are your kids? My son when he was eight (Cool loved Star Fleet Missions. He plays FC with me now, and I haven't yet played my SFBF with him, but when I first introduced him to SFM, he always wanted to play it.

Teenagers. My daughter doesn't really enjoy wargaming but I thought a card game would be fun for her. My son likes wargaming and has played a little bit of SFB but I'm so rusty on the rules it's frustrating for both of us.
droberts441
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: "Star Fleet Battle Force" vs "Star Fleet Reply with quote

Finarvyn wrote:
Teenagers. My daughter doesn't really enjoy wargaming but I thought a card game would be fun for her. My son likes wargaming and has played a little bit of SFB but I'm so rusty on the rules it's frustrating for both of us.
Play SFBF. Since I asked you how old they were, I have played SFBF with my son now. (Your question reminded me I needed to try it with him).

He still likes SF Missions, but Battle Force is the one he asks me to play all the time now. That is pretty much our weeknight game, and Federation Commander is our weekend game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: