Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minature trading and mishaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but otherwise he just dropped off the face of the Earth.

Sounds like a lot of us, just some find places like forums and things that bring us back into the fold and occasionally catch up with old friends ----
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, minis are going to get broken. What can you do. I try to not get too bent out of shape, particularly if its an honest mistake. I've broken my own minis far more than anyone else has ever damaged them. I'm also happy to report that I don't think I've ever damaged anyone else's work, but sooner or later, its bound to happen. A couple I do really remember though...

One was a guy at a con who decided one of my hand painted planets just felt like a die to him and started tossing it on the table like his favorite 100-sided RPG die. Before I could get to him, he then starts trying to chip away at the paint with his fingernail, like a curious 2 year old, presumably thinking to himself "wow, is this paint?" As Dale McKee can confirm, I almost snatched him bald headed.

The other was the one case where I almost killed one of our cats. I had a board I used to use for a painting surface on our kitchen table with about 40-minis on it. One night, one of our pet cats decided he simply could not resist checking out the table where I had been working on minis. I was awakened by an enormous crash, and turned on the lights to find the board I had used as a painting surface lying on the floor along with the twisted wreckage of several miniatures. I particularly remember an old multi-piece, lead FASA Constitution-class ship had the engines struts wrapped around the secondary hull like a burrito. Hence forth, this became known as the “Cat-a-pult Incident”. The cat survived, but I had a mess on my hands. I eventually repaired most of the damage, but several minis quickly became kitbash material.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: