Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourite mini in the ADB line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semperatis
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my NCL's

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.

djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job hand-lettering that name. Tiny letters!
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Mini?

That's a tough one. Orions and Lyrans offer the greatest opportunity for creativity with lots of options for wild paint jobs.

I'm torn, but I think the best mini is probably the B-10. But I'd rank the new Fed CC, DW and old CVA, Klingon C7 and F5, and Andro motherships very high as well.
damraska
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the miniatures I have owned and built, my favorite is the plastic Federation CA. The quality, fine detail, and precise shape surpasses all other miniatures. The plastic medium takes paint better than metal and makes it easier to perform conversions. Finally, it costs less than comparable ships. There are a few minor downsides. It features raised panel lines, but they were the norm 25+ years ago. The saucer rim is a bit too thin and the secondary hull looks a little under scale.

I doubt we will see any more plastic starships until personal 3D printers become household items, so the 5 Federation ships stand as wonderful aberrations.

My favorite metal miniature is the Klingon C7. The miniature captures the complex shape, features correct symmetry, includes many crisp details, does not suffer from mold sag or misalignment, and just looks good.

Honorable mention goes to the Federation CC saucer. It features correct symmetry and excellent engraved details. The saucer rim is even thinner than that of the plastic Federation CA (at 1/3788 scale it is only 1mm or 12.4 feet thick) but it looks excellent. My copy shows no signs of mold alignment problems but mold sag may explain the thin saucer.

-Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: