Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PD D6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merchant of venus
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: PD D6 Reply with quote

when can we expect PD in D6 format is there a tenative date set
TriOpticon
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if there is an update on the Prime Directive for d6 System?

Thank you.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. There is no real update.

Real Life intervened on multiple fronts, and Steve is still dealing with them. Until they are adequately resolved, the whole schedule is up in the air.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion:

At this point I would consider dropping the D6 version. The system is barely alive. I go to several FLGSs and there is no copies available. WEG is not in the best shape in terms of distribution, even thought D6 is a cool, cinematic system.

In order to make Prime Directive appeal to a wider group, please focus on systems that are popular.

I would suggest the next version should be for Mongoose Publishing's Traveller system. Seems up and coming. Got lots of buzz in the RPG communities I travel in. And its free to develop for. Plus, it is similar enough to Traveller 1st Ed. that old fans seem to love it.

Plus, I love games where you get a lot of outside material. GURPS, d20M and Traveller have that. I have Traveller 20 and will be using that to add Vargr to my personal Starfleet Universe. You can easily do that with GURPS Traveller and the new Traveller if you produce for it!

I wonder what happens when a Vargr meets a Kzinti?
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericphillips wrote:
I wonder what happens when a Vargr meets a Kzinti?

Probably the same thing that happened when the Lyrians and Kzinit met the Carnivons. The Cats stop fighting each other long enough to hunt down every Carnivon they could find. No one has seen a Carnivon in like what Half a Century...

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD6 should have been done long ago, but the writers who signed up to do it (several of them) simply never did it. I cannot do it myself (neither can Jean) and cannot publish something nobody writes.

As for future systems, we will do what people write, since we cannot write it. If the current guy signed up to do D6 actually does it, we will print it, as many people are interested. If the guy doing D6 and the guy doing SW deliver finished books on the same day, we'll study to market to decide which to do first.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
PD6 should have been done long ago, but the writers who signed up to do it (several of them) simply never did it.

I hope you didn't give them an advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: