Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I dump remaining energy into Photons?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuck14
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: How do I dump remaining energy into Photons? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I was playing a game and I was wondering how do I dump my remaining energy into Photons at the end of a turn? The ea doesn't seem to allow me to do it?

This would be for FC oline.

Thanks.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could spend it for overloads (or pre-loads of a weapon not loaded). But if you pre-loaded on THIS turn then at the end of the turn you cannot use the power to finish the loading as that must be done on the next turn (you could use it to overload). I think. If I got it wrong, Mike West will delete this post and insert the correct answer.
Canuck14
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: dumping excess energy into photons. Reply with quote

I think I have it. Obviously there is a two turn arming but what is the procedure to take my excess energy at the end of the turn (say 4pts) and dump that energy into my torp.
For example... I'm loaded on both tubes for standard photons 2+2 and I decide that I would like to dump in that 4 pts but not fire the torp so I have OL tube next turn. Any Idea how to do that? 4C3b states I can dump excess energy at the end of the turn but I don't know how to do that on the FCOL. I'm sure it's there but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks,
Christopher.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify … At the end of the turn, a window pops up that says “End of Turn Actions”, listing the ship, which photon, and ‘state’. The drop down seems to give the choice of “hold”, “loaded”, “standard”, or “empty”; (No choice for Overload) -- but in the end it won’t let you select any one of them. It won’t accept clicking on ‘OK’ or “cancel”. The only way to exit the window is by clicking the X in the upper right corner.

Thanks. Any help from the FC Online Gurus would be appreciated . Smile
fishfood
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same situation with plasmas while flying a Gorn ship. In the "End of Turn Actions", I couldn't get the ok or cancel buttons to work either. I had to exit via the X in the upper right corner.

Doug
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look at it this week.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now fixed. Sorry about that. I left a half implemented End Of Turn popup. This is now fully implemented.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!!!! Smile
Thanks.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to let you know that this same problem is back.

Thanks very much!!!

... on a positive note, while we (me and Peewee) were playing, two other people 'stopped in' who were interested enough to give me their email addreses. Hopefully we'll get a nice bunch going again!
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and it looked ok for me.

Can you check your version of the client? This is what mine is reporting:

SFB Online Client: The Client for all online SFU Games
Version 4.0.67

Plugin Versions:
F & E: 1.0
Federation Commander (Duel): 1.0
Federation Commander: 1.0.34
Star Fleet Battles (Tournament): 4.0.16
Star Fleet Battles Campaign: 4.0.12
Star Fleet Battles: 4.0.62

If it is the same, then can post what the exact steps that you did to duplicate the problem, including if it was you or your opponent was advancing the pulses.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am one version behind. When I clicked "Help" then "Check for Updates"; I see (among the 5 files) core.jar Version 4.067 and pligins/fc.jar Version 1.0.34 -- which means I am currently running versions 4.066 and 1.0.33, respectively, right?

Unfortunately, when I click on OK on the "Update Available" window, I get the message "Error occurred while downloading. null".

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

thx
Peewee
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Downloading.null error Reply with quote

Hi, my first forum posting so I hope I dont goof up:) Had that exact same error message and was able to successfully download in Windows 7 by going to the control panel, system and security, and then change user account control settings. I dragged the slider all the way to the off position and turned off user accounts. Restarted the computer and then was able to successfully download the program updates. Then went back and restored the user account controls to the earlier setting. SFB client now shows updated to latest version. Hope this helps.

Peewee
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peewee.

Any idea how to find "user account control settings" in Vista? (I hate Vista! Mad .... and am quite computer illiterate to boot!)
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To enable it on Vista or the SFU Online Client, either:

1) Change where the SFU Online Client is installed.
2) Use Windows Explorer to go to where the SFU Online Client is installed and Right-click on the "SFU Online Client" and click Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab. Under Privilege Level, select Run this program as an administrator, and then click OK. The URL is:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691.aspx
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Both fixes worked: The one to allow me to update the client. And I also did a quick test with the updated client (no opponent) and the end of turn screen had both overload options there.

Thanks very much for both!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: