Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCKB game ordering questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: FCKB game ordering questions. Reply with quote

Hi all.

If i buy FCKB at a FLGS or online how is the book bound? Holes or no holes, bound or unbound? I also would like to get the game with the new REV 5 rules. Has anyone here received FCKB from an online source with the new rules set? Am I just better off ordering it here?

Thanks.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy it online from ADB, you can get it anyway you want it. Otherwise I think it comes bound and punched. That's the way the one my friend gave me came anyway.

The ones from ADB have the new rulebook, anywhere else you'll take your chances I suppose.
GregC
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably order it from ADB. That way I don't have to sweat it out.

Quote:
That's the way the one my friend gave me came anyway.

Friend indeed! Smile
HeyRandy
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Reference Rulebook directly from ADB and got it unbound. This let me put the rules in a 3-ring notebook and use sheet protectors.

The sheet protectors are handy to hold the ship cards as well. I did this with my Briefing #2 too.

Hope that helps...

Quick note - The shipping from ADB is very fast and their customer service is great. I had ordered some minis directly using the online store and then had some changes. Made a phone call and they were very nice and took care of the order without hassle.

www.acmeterrain.com
GregC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having four format options for the rulebook is a plus. Thanks to both of you for your replies.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the on-line places buy from Alliance, which still has a few dozen Rev-4s in stock and is slowly replacing its normal four-month supply with Rev-5. The boxes aren't marked and the alliance warehouses have 50,000 items, so I am betting that the restock Rev-5s get put on top of the Rev-4s in one warehouse, on the bottom in another, mixed up with them in a third.

As for retail stores, if they have had it stock for a month or more, it's almost certainly a Rev-4. Six months from now, something they just get, is almost certainly a Rev-5. Between now and then, anybody's guess.

There will be Rev-4s found in stores five years from now. We hear every month from somebody who bought the game somewhere and found a Rev-2 rulebook, or a Rev-3. I don't think I have heard of a Rev-1 rulebook showing up in a year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: