Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONLINE FC CAMPAIGN: Commanders Choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Campaign Rules Document was sent out today. We have lost one player and found a replacement. Now it will be a few days for the new player to build his fleet, get the game file, and do movement orders.
zackwalk
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klingon civil war already?Smile
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted my fleet selection in the thread on the other BBS but I think I got the hex numbers wrong. Embarassed Anything at 1601 is meant to be at the starbase, anything at 1606 is meant to be at the BATS at the top/bottom of the territory, and 1203 is meant to be the BATS at the side of the territory. Looking at the map, I thought the Klingon was in the top right corner (with the white on black BATS), but reading some of the archives makes me think I'm actually somewhere else. Which hex is my homeworld?
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klingon homeworld is at 0201. Not the bases at 0603 and 0206 are Base Stations, not Battle Stations.

I'm going to work on the game file now getting your ships set.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ships set up for Klingons is done. Just to meet up online so I transfer ownership to you.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, tell me what time would be convenient for you (and what time zone you're in - I'm in Australia, which is ~10 hours different from the U.S.)

Also, when transporting EPs for base construction or trade, where can I load a freighter with EPs? Only at the homeworld, or can I load them from a base/planet?
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am GMT: -5:00

EPs can be loaded at any base.

I can be online pretty much any reasonable time from Friday night to Sunday Noon.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be another two weeks before my home internet comes back online. However, I can email you my build and move orders, and I'm not planning on attacking any neutrals on turn 1, so we should probably be able to proceed with turn 1 at least.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, why don't you do that.

I'll e-mail you the game file in a minute and you can at least look at it.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BELIEVE IT OR NOT

Turn 1 orders processed and game file sent.

Battles for Turn 1

Romulan KE, 2BH, CUT attack Neutral Planet at 1709
Romulan 2SPA, SKA attack Neutral Planet at 0903
Kzinti BCH, CM, 2DW attack Neutral Planet at 0915

All of these battles are against 20 FCPs (including the flagship) of defending ships.

I should be free to play Sunday night, or Saturday starting no later than 1:00 pm.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the map after turn one moves (excluding any retreats that may happen:

There are 3 battles to be fought, hopefully we will have them done in the next week to 10 days.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle for 0915 - Repart from Patrick Hill, Kzinti Commander:

I caught Zack on the Bullpen last night, and challenged him to get my Neutral Battle out of the way.

The battle was well fought, with his Gorn BC and DD hiding behind the planets shadow for the first turn, while I creped forward at speed 08+1 (with my BCH, CM, and 2 DWs) in no particular hurry to engage. I wanted to give him the chance to charge me and face two turns of drones in the face if he did.

He didn't take the bait and early on Turn 2 he chucked a plasma S at me to keep my ships from engaging. I had decided to go into this game with a patient approach and so I slipped around the other side of the planet in an effort to corner his ships.

I ran the plasma over my fleet for some range 0 p3 goodness, and managed to get a decent shot on his fleet. Some light damage to his DD caused him to turn in, as long range disrupters were going to prove telling if he allowed this to continue.

I built up a 2 turn drone wave and then dipped into overload range with my escape route planed back around the planet. The weight of my broadside badly damaged his BC, and as I ran from the rest of the plasma my drone swarm finished his fleet off.

Zack's fleet was badly outmatched (that being my plan at the strategic level after all) but he played well and it was a good game with lots of jockeying for position. I am very curious to see how the engagement ranges vary as the campaign wears on. Right now I thought I was coming a bit close at range 8. It is a different game when you can win a battle and lose the war!

So anyway I won the battle without any loses or damage.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick and I began the battle for 1709 last night. The defending forces consisted of a Klingon D7 and D5W.

The Romulans began turn one begining their second turn of arming on their Torpedos, turned and flew down the west side of the map and cloaked out on turn one (except for the Cutter which held formation and began EM).

The Klingons came out from the behind the planet and closed on the Rom's. On impulse 7 they fired the wad through the +2 shift on the Cutter at range 9 and scored a mighty 10 damage (a volley of 9 that dropped the 8 point shield after 1 point of reinforcement) and a volley of 1 that blew off a phaser 2.

At the end of the turn the Rom's dropped the cloaked, the cutter stopped EM and the Klingons launched 4 drones at one of the WE's

Turn 2 Impulse 1 the Rom's turned into the Klinks, and at range 8 the klinks again unloaded everything into the Cutter (without the +2 shift) and pretty much gutted it. The romulans fired 6 phaser 1's and 1 bolted F at range 8 at the D5W scoring 10 damage (the bolt missed). Launch Phase the Klingons fired 4 drones at the other WE, one WE launched an R torp at the (speed 24) Klignons.

The rest of turn 2 the Klignons ran away from the R torp, the Cutter stumbled off of the map and disengaged (and will be "crippled" in the campaign until it can be repaired at a base), and the Romulans phasered their way through the drone swarm and finally turned back to the klingons again.

Patrick had some connection problems here so we saved the game and will try to pick it up Saturday.

Ships are about 18 hexes appart, with Romulans nearer the center of the map and the Klingons closer to the edge. Klingon drone racks are 1/2 empty, Romulans have 2 R torps and 1 F torp ready, 1 R torp 1 F torp in the 1st turn of loading.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick and I continued the battle for 1709 last night. The Romulans were concentrating on the D7 War and the Klingons on the WE Firewing. At the end of turn 4 War had been hit by 2 R Bolts (24 points on the #2 shield, 26 points on the #3 shield), an F Torp (hit for 16 on the #1 shield) and a hail of phaser fire (War has around 25 internals, 2 down shields, and a 1/2 strength #1).

Firewing got two rounds of phasers and disruptors dropping the #1 and the #4 shield, however the final volley of phasers was a set of rolls with an unfortunately large number of "1's" in it. The ship has 2 power, the R torp, 3 excess damage boxes and little else. There are also a couple drones closing in on it.

The other 2 Romulan ships are now fully cloaked and will likely stay that way for all of turn 5 to bring the torps back online.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle for 1709 concluded last night with the Romulan's withdrawing. After like 11 turns and about 6 1/2 hours of play, the Romulans lost one WE, one WE and one armed cutter crippled, and the KE leaving the board with 1 down shield. The Klingon "native" defenders had a crippled D7 with 4 1/2 down shields and the D5W with a down shield and about 15 internals.

The last turn saw the Rom's gamble with a 2xR bolt 1xF bolt blast at the D5W at range 6 and one of the R bolts missed. If it had hit the extra 24 internals would probably have made the difference.

There is one more battle this turn that needs to be fought, and the Romulan "agressors" in this battle are using more up to date ships designs, so we will see how that plays out. I never claimed to be a Big Plasma expert in SFB, and while I think the Romulans flew "pretty good" in that first battle, there is still a learning curve to overcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: