Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plasmas, drones, and fighters - Oh My!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Plasmas, drones, and fighters - Oh My! Reply with quote

Origins is a blast, but today was especially good. I met Todd Bryce today and Steve invited me to comment on the bronze masters for the new mininatures Todd has sculpted.
I saw the pewter castings of the Plasmas (R, S, adn F) and the drone. WOW Cool They are as nice in 3D as in the images SVC has posted to the BBS.

As for the fighters, I saw bronze masters of the Federation F/18, the Klingon ZY, the Romulan Gladiator (one with a Pl-F, and one with a Pl-D), the Kzinti TAAS, the Tholian Spider, and the Hydran Stinger. These are incredible minis and everyone is going to want entire squadrons of each of them.

We also had the "miniatures seminar" tonight. This is where SVC adn any interested parties sit down and discuss the ADB miniatures line... what new minis are in progress, which ones are finished, what needs to be sculpted for upcoming expansions, and what those present at the seminar would like to see.

More info on this seminar later, but suffice it to say that good things are on the way.

And before the questions begin to fly:
SVC saw the master for the Federation LTT, the Metal Destroyer engine, adn the Juggernaut...
The LTT: This was created as an adaptor to link the existing, "Zocchi" tug pod with the existing NCL. It works, but SVC has asked for a small change. Rather than an adaptor, I am going to create a new, sculptable, metal tug pod to mount beneath the NCL. It's a fairly simple addition and will be completed in a week or two and in the mail to ADB.
The metal Destroyer: This piece is approximately 75% complete. All that remains is the addition of a few details. SVC mated if with both the CC saucer adn teh CF saucer and was well pleased with the results. It will be finished and sent in at the same time as the LTT.
The Juggernaut: Probably the largest, most complex piece I've done. SVC was satisfied with the level of detail, but a few questions were raised. I bit of reworking is required before a mold can be made. These modifications should also be completed within the same two week time frame.

Regular updates will follow, along with photos once I get home.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The miniatures meeting is the main reason I want to go to Origins some day. Well, that and the dealer room...

Those Ninja Magic master sounds premo. I'm really looking forward to them.

Did the oCA mini come up in discussion?
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was mentioned as one that is in progress.

Steve currently has 11 new miniature master awaiting the addition of one other to fill out the 12-ship mold. Then we'll have a large batch of new minis to purchase.

(Yes, Matt - your 5 Omega ships are 5 of that 11)
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, thanks!

So the DD will be an engine that you can just add to a saucer? and it'll be compatible with most Fed saucers? So you're really sculpting two or three ships in one: the regular Fed DD; DD with fancy saucer; and fast DD. Cool.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*If it worked*, Tony is using an old Starline 2300 metal CA that I sourced for him as the basis for the DD engine. The struts on the poor thing were "burrito-ed", but the engines were good and I thought it might make a good starting point.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry: The engine is designed to add to the existing saucers...
engine plus plain jane CA saucer = DD
engine plus spade type CF saucer = DDF
engine plus detailed CC saucer = DDL
engine plus GSC saucer w/sensors = Scout

Will: I ended up building a brand new engine completely from scratch out of brass.
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

the fighters , the drones, the plasma torpedoes and the ships the LTT and the DD engine for the following with the CA saucer for the DD ,the CF saucer for the DDF, the CC saucer for the DDL, and the GSC for the scout.

And the best for last the juggernaught ,my eyes will be on the new products list. on the website store i feel like a kid in what you in the us call the candy store. Smile Smile Wink Cool Razz
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a sec - what Omega ships? And how good do they look?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:

I don't have the issue of CL #39 with me, so I can't give you the Empires, but there is one heavy cruiser for each of five differnt Empires, and they look great.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
Nerroth wrote:

I don't have the issue of CL #39 with me, so I can't give you the Empires, but there is one heavy cruiser for each of five differnt Empires, and they look great.

I'm still waiting for my copy to ship.

If you can give an idea of the ship outlines, I could try and guess at which ship is which.
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth 3rd post down.

http://starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1637&start=30

Sorry my friend, I thought you knew.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Męsrons!

Yay!

I simply cannot wait for that ship in particular. Or rather, the three ships the CA hull represents.

I'm surprised the Trobrin aren't in the mix, though. They're a pretty major power, and would make for cool minis.

(I really want Iridani, Bolosco, and more FRA ships, though. Badly.)

The Probr's centre hulls are a little thinner than I expected, though. They look more like the smaller centre hull you see on the frigate, and seem really small compared to the wings. But maybe it's different to see it in person.

The Koligahr bubble-ship looks neat, but more asymmetrical from the side (and bigger all round!) than I might have expected. Still, they are supposed to be alien-looking, so I guess it's ok.

Are you gonna try and set the bubbles up in different configurations, for use as masters of the DN, DD and PB, too?

The Sig flying saucer looks really nice - but will the weapon bumps be done so as to let it work as the NCA, as well as the CI and CC?

The Chlorophon ship looks neat, too. Very close to how I'd envision them.

Oh, and the ISC BB = Woohoo!

Now roll on the Devastator...
HeyRandy
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by the Ninja Magic booth and saw the masters as well. The rapid prototyping system that he used is awesome. This give the minis great detail! These are really great additions to the miniatures line - can't wait to get them!

www.acmeterrain.com
iams
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be a necroposter but what happened to the Omega minis? Was there not enough interest? It seems to have vanished long before the 2500's were being designed so why did they vanish into the Omega Octant?

They look amazing, I'm still waiting for my 2500's to show up, but I'd definitely buy the Omega Cruiser Box, if it counts for anything!

Check out my Photobucket for SFB/Fed Comm and Trek Props!

http://s111.photobucket.com/home/Admiralkisluk/index
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time and my memory might be fuzzy, but I think there were some issues during the review for mold-making, with some of them. Only SVC could answer for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: