Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blinding Special Sensors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Blinding Special Sensors Reply with quote

The Rules for Special Sensors ( Comm#28 ) under Blinding (5S3b) that (paraphrasing) if the scout ship fires any weapon other than a phaser-3, drone or ADD then one special sensor on the ship is blinded and cannot be used for the remainder of the turn.

Does this apply to the total number of weapons fired, or is it all weapons for the turn? It it by volley?

For instance, the Federation Scout fires both it's phaser-1s. Do one or two special sensors get blinded?

The rule seems to imply that it is one sensor per weapon, so two sensors would be blinded, but it's not explict. The SFB rules are 1 sensor per weapon, but I'd just like to make sure that rule is getting ported over as well.

Would the same be applied to the Galactic Survey Cruiser, or other cruisers that are built from the "keel up" to use special sensors, rather than conversions? I would assume yes since even the X-Galactic Survey Cruiser doesn't have a note about this, and it's an X-Ship!

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read it, I took it to be by volley, but that could be wishful thinking on my part. I guess per weapon makes more sense since that's what it is in SFB.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGOPTIMUS said. The Rules for Special Sensors ( Comm#28 ) under Blinding (5S3b) that (paraphrasing) if the scout ship fires any weapon other than a phaser-3, drone or ADD then one special sensor on the ship is blinded and cannot be used for the remainder of the turn.

(5S3b) BLINDING
If the scout ship fires or launches any weapon other than a phaser-3, ADD, or drone, one special sensor on that ship is “blinded” by the energy flash.

It stats any weapon (not weapons, not volley) blinds one channle there fore it seems to be say one for one just like SFB.

OGOPTIMUS said. Would the same be applied to the Galactic Survey Cruiser, or other cruisers that are built from the "keel up" to use special sensors, rather than conversions? I would assume yes since even the X-Galactic Survey Cruiser doesn't have a note about this, and it's an X-Ship!

The First Paparagraph in 5S state... The systems known as “Special Sensors” are used only by certain ship types, those known as “scouts”. There are many kinds of “scouts”.

Yes it isn't spelled out in black and white but it is saying, if it has special sensors it is a Scout.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: