Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Briefing #2 Boosters?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Requete
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Briefing #2 Boosters? Reply with quote

I'm starting this topic to explore the concept of Booster packs for Briefing #2.

I know Briefing #2 contains a lot of ships and is a product with a more focused appeal than a general product... what I'm thinking of here would be a modest series (2-4?) of boosters that hit the highlights.

My thing in FedCom is that I like squadron duels of "perfectly normal" ships... the type of naval actions you'd expect to see in general given the parameters of the SFU. And I like the Middle Years setting.

So I'm imagining a few boosters which have the mainstays, the "bread and butter" of the MY.

These are my initial thoughts for what it would be especially cool to see:

Federation:
CA
CL
DD

Klingon:
D7
D6
F5

Gorn:
CA

Romulan:
War Eagle
KR

Kzinti:
BC

Hydran:
Ranger

Lyran:
CA

Orion:
CR

Tholian:
PC

That's 14 ships, or 2 boosters' worth. You could do 1 booster for the Alliance (3 Fed, 1 Gorn, 1 Kzinti, 1 Hydran, 1 Tholian) and 1 booster for the Coalition (3 Klin, 2 Rom, 1 Lyran, 1 Orion).

A third and/or fourth booster could be added to fill out a few more roles, like a Gorn CL, a Hydran Lancer, etc.

I'd buy multiples. I like the sweet laminated cards.

----

Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:
http://www.catholicity.com/prayer/divinemercy.html
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot to mention (sorry, my family just spent two days at a water park and my brain still isn't at full speed yet) is that there is a whole other topic discussion how to get the color Ship Cards for Briefing #2 to players. It is done as a poll, asking how much people would pay for the various options.

This is a slightly different tack where the idea is just to get the main cards people will likely want out, and leave the rest as just B&W paper. I don't know if it is viable, but it is something to at least think about ...

(Note that I would use a different strategy of ship selection: I would take a CA and DD from each empire. But I don't know if that is enough, either.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the "Booster #91?" thread....

mjwest wrote:
The ships included are:
FJD Dreadnought (no refits)
FJD DD (no refits)
MY DDM (no refits; only 2 photons)
CAR (only rear phaser refit; FJD CA is in Briefing #2)
DDG (full refit)
DDL (full refit)
Scout (full refit)
Tug (full refit)

The reason for the Scout and Tug having full refits is so that these ship cards are available when the BoM Briefing is done (to work with the other scouts) and when the Tug Booster is done (to give the Feds a GW-era tug).

The first four ships (FJD DN, FJD DD, DDM, CAR) are all available for use in the Middle Years and are directly referenced in Briefing #2. If you want the Middle Years Federation Tug, it is available in Communique #38.

The last four ships (DDG, DDL, SC, Tug) are all available for use in the main game, though obviously the Scout won't be of much use without the Special Sensor rules in BoM.

Several Federation MY ships in this booster, so all you need are the ones for the other races.
Requete
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverin61 wrote:
From the "Booster #91?" thread....

mjwest wrote:
The ships included are:
FJD Dreadnought (no refits)
FJD DD (no refits)
MY DDM (no refits; only 2 photons)
CAR (only rear phaser refit; FJD CA is in Briefing #2)
DDG (full refit)
DDL (full refit)
Scout (full refit)
Tug (full refit)

The reason for the Scout and Tug having full refits is so that these ship cards are available when the BoM Briefing is done (to work with the other scouts) and when the Tug Booster is done (to give the Feds a GW-era tug).

The first four ships (FJD DN, FJD DD, DDM, CAR) are all available for use in the Middle Years and are directly referenced in Briefing #2. If you want the Middle Years Federation Tug, it is available in Communique #38.

The last four ships (DDG, DDL, SC, Tug) are all available for use in the main game, though obviously the Scout won't be of much use without the Special Sensor rules in BoM.

Several Federation MY ships in this booster, so all you need are the ones for the other races.

True... on my scheme that would open 3 slots in the initial 2 boosters... they could be rounded out with one additional each for the Gorn, Lyran and Kzinti.

----

Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:
http://www.catholicity.com/prayer/divinemercy.html
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to happen. The minimum print run for color laminated cards is about four times the total number of booster #2 we sold. We'd lose money. Lot of money.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have locked this thread as Steve has said, "No," and I only see the discussion going down hill from there.

So, in order to discuss the idea of getting color Ship Cards for Briefing #2, go to the What would you pay for PDFs? thread. Please be sure to read the thread all the way through before posting, so you will have more context to the discussion.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: